Ufo Resolution

Huggy_Monster

I have UFO Enermy Unknown CE, and i running on Win XP

Everything is working just great except for one problem, the screen is extreamly overstretch vertically, they some screen missing onn the top and some on the bottom, but firs perfect from side to side.

Sadly i limited to my abily of squashing the screen as i have a flatscreen monitor

I using Geforce 4 Ti, and have 17" flatscreen.

Does anyone know any way i can get round this problem by some means? Would certainly be nice to start playing xcom again after all this time :)

• 11 months later...

Well Im jumping on this old post... Im having the same issue.. I've tried changing the res (in the exe proporties), messing with my video card settings.. changing the screen size (ofcourse)... and I even went as far as disabling the drivers for my video card, switching monitors, and tried running it without direct draw.. Still no go.. ;)

Im settleing right now for running the dos version viados box in a small windowed screen... If I make the dosbox screen full size it cuts off the end of my screen just like playing the windows version of the game does...

Anyone have any suggestions??? :lovetammy:

Thanks!!

No. This is a problem with the monitor, and because my Dad got me a flatscreen for christmas, it's one I also have to put up with. So long as I use a conventional monitor, it works just fine.

The obvious solution is to just change the monitor settings so the image fits the screen. But in my case, there IS NO vertical adjust on the monitor, just a horizontal one! Stupid flatscreen...

I've downloaded some software that might let resize the display from the software side of things, but I've yet to test it. I'll post if I have any luck with it.

In the meantime, move the display up and down in order to see the buttons. :lovetammy:

• 1 month later...

Well, yes, it took me long enough, but I've done it.

The solution: Turn your screen refresh rate down to 60hz. In my case, the screen becomes squashed instead of stretched, but at least the game is playable this way.

You might be able to get a "perfect" fit by trying other resolutions between 60hz and whatever it was you were using. No such luck for me.