Make A Prediction

Ivory

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I fit all three. Let's see. I've attempted to install linux (Redhat) and failed miserably for the tens of times I've tried on a second hand PC - will try Mandrake once I get the inclination to swap out my hard drive with a brand new blank hard drive.

I've even mucked with a Macintosh (one of those monitor and CPU as one unit deals) for a few minutes, but I guess that doesn't count.

Before my ancient Apple-IIe decided to die on me, the operating system (apart from the M-Basic ROM) used was Microsoft C/PM. I think this was the predecessor of MS-Dos. Still got the manual somewhere. I'm pretty sure of it as a number of commands seem identical or at least appear to be the forefathers of the ones used in DOS. Can you believe a few of the commands, like formatting, requires you to physiaclly remove and swap your disks multiple times?

Do I feel dated... Mind you, my first exposure to computers was while the early Pentiums were already in use. We were just seriously outdated. :huh:

I predict that the next person dreams of being at work/school (while asleep). Intentionally or unintentionally.

- NKF