Whats This Game Like

Saber123

Well you'll be forgiven for thinking it's just a WW2 strategy game a bit like X-COM, but it does have some neat sci-fi elements and a great storyline once you get into it.

The graphics and physics engine are amazing - you can shoot people and they'll fly backwards through windows and land in trees for example, but you could probably have deduced that from the demo. As for the controls, they're quite different to start with, but once you get the hang of them it's fairly easy.

You are limited to only one squad of seven (I think it's seven) but you can choose from a selection of personnel. You can choose weaponery for your squad and equip them as you wish before battle and get more weapons from missions you go on (always check the locked boxes and lockers!).

There's no base management after that, as this game revolves much more around a set story that unfolds with each new tactical mission you undertake.

Oh yeah, and you get to alter the look, class and sound of your soldier before playing.

It is a great game and there is room for improvement, but once yoiu get into it it's about as addictive as X-COM.

Pete, it's 6 men per squad. The 7th is reserved for special rescue missions. Altho with mods you could have a large enough squad to form several platoons by what I've read.

Pete's statement about the WW2 impression is quite true. You're not actually fighting in that war, but rather leading the investigation of odd happenings during that time.

Regarding squad members, you can dismiss and hire any of your soldiers from the roster except for your leader (there's no leader unit in the demo)

Not sure what more I could add without spoiling the game a bit so I'll leave at this for now.

As Kret says, not much more to add. It's a great game if you like TB, though I would have wished for a proper strategic part to go with it. Anyway, get the game is my recommendation! And if you get it, get the gold version, as it includes the expansion as well.