Exciting? Just A Little!

Pete

I just stumbled across a site that's fairly recent that's got a few teasers for an upcoming game in 2005 that I know a lot of you will be interested in!

"Stargate - The Alliance" Teaser Site

The artwork on the site looks impressive to say the least, and it's being released for XBOX, Playstation2 and PC, and it'll be some sort of first-person shooter, presumably with puzzles to solve and an interactive storyline such as was going to be in the ill-fated X-COM Alliance (wow, what an amazing similarity in game names there... hmm...).

Yes, that is Anubis' Mothership in the first picture, so that gives you some idea of where this fits into the SG-1 timeline, but please check out the other screenshots on the site above as well for more varied locations!

There's an interview over at HomeLanFed with the game's developers which answers a few interesting questions and leaves a few more annoying blanks to be filled in, but they're promising that it won't just be another ill-fated and ill-advised TV show/movie tie-in.

It's rumoured (as in I can't find an official source for this quote) to be using a heavily modified Unreal 2.5 engine if that means anything to anyone, and oh yeah, did I forget to mention it's being published by JoWooD - publishers of Silent Storm? They seem to be publishing all the good games lately!

stargate_screen_09.jpg stargate_screen_02.jpg stargate_screen_03.jpg

I read they're trying to get all the regulars in it, but as to who you can play... your guess is as good as mine :)

The development company are trying to make it as authentic as possible in every sense and are liaising with the airforce as they usualy do on a normal episode to make it as realistic (ahem) as possible.

For that reason, it'd be silly not to have a few humourous lines here and there from Jack :)

• 1 month later...