A Discworld Site

Pete

So far my favorite part is in the Eric book which goes something like:

Rincewind, Eric and some explorer are tied on the top of a pyramid by some natives, being sacrificed. And the explorer says something like:

"Well there's one good thing in all this."

Rincewind thinks to himself how he hates when people can find something good in situations like these, and says: "Oh, what's that?"

"At least we have a marvellous view from here."

To which Rincewind replies: "Yes, I'm sure it's a view you'll enjoy for the rest of your life." :D

*rofl* :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Discworld is full of cliches and obscure (often literary or operatic) references, so while there may not be anything new, it's packaged differently.

As for books. Hmm. I could not suggest the best, as it's hard to say which this would be. You could try Interesting Times (best read with The Last Continent if you hate cliffhangars), Carpe Jugulum and Men at arms. This should give you a good sampling of Rincewind, the Lancre witches and Vimes guards. A good stand-alone would be Small Gods or even Moving Pictures.

The one that started it all for me was The Fifth Elephant, which belongs to the Vimes Guards series. This was where they started to introduce the semaphore system.

- NKF

Well there'll be a nice competition in place when the site opens to win a free copy of the DW book of your choice (paperback unless only hardback is available at the time).

Not a particularly grand competition, but I hope to have grander competitions as the site grows (real lizard onna stick flattened into an envelope and posted through your letterbox complete with realistic oozing won't be an option I'm afraid. The postal service just won't let me :D ).

I know what you mean. If I'd have been quicker in getting the site done, it would have been a Wintersmith competition, but what can ya do? :D

I may make up for this by having a small heap of prizes in time for the next book release - perhaps first second and third prizes with the winner getting something extra-special.

Hokay, site's open - gogogo!

https://www.theturtlemoves.com

There may well be spelling mistakes, bugs and stuff, so please let us know over there if you spot anything weird going on.

Also, if you spot any news, interviews or good links we've not put up yet, let us know about them as well! :)

I had a rout through the site a couple days back to see if there were any problems. It looks like a pretty robust format and layout and I was unable to find much of anything. Didn't check spelling though - that's your responsibility. :D

- Zombie