29 replies to this topic

#21 Ki-tat Chung

Ki-tat Chung

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 07:08 AM

mainly for those who want to keep their post counts...like me!

#22 Zeno

Zeno

เอาเหอะ...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:05 AM

Bomb Bloke --

You mean I can keep my oh-so-important post count of 43 after hanging here for 2 years?   :huh:

But seriously, I may actually take you up on the offer when I get around to renaming myself.  After 7 years it isn't a high priority; just something I'm thinking I might do one day.  

Maybe I should join the 9 other forums you check, just to make a splash before disappearing?   :lol:   Then I can see if all of them will also take the trouble to change my account username!

Thanks for the info and the offer, and I'll let you know one day!

--Zeno
The highest-probability X-COM hazards are here:
Murphy's Laws of X-COM

#23 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

The Smily Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 01:54 PM

I figured you wouldn't mind losing your post count, but re-entering all that information can be a pain. That and I just wanna see if it works.  :lol:
BB's X-Com Projects Page - X-Com Games At GamersGate
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
We love Tammy! :)

#24 Torgulf

Torgulf

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 03:17 PM

And I'm Alexander, from Umeå (Sweden). Nice to meet you ;)

I'm basically what Slaughter said, minus that I have studied economy and am now studying compsci (not kidding. This is almost scary) :D

I like tabletop RPGs (All Flesh Must Be Eaten is the only "global" one I'm into, otherwise it's just a few swedish ones <Eon, Neotech>), reading (anything and everything. Favorite book: Fight Club, favorite author: Bret Easton Ellis), writing, american whisky, and believe it or not - studying :huh: And of course, computer games (in the style of X-Com/U:AM/Daggerfall) ;)

I also run a forum, which takes a lot of time and effort, and finally I love zombie/splatter movies and emotional down-to-earth anime (watch 'Hajime no Ippo' if you haven't!) :lol:

I think I mentioned writing, but by that I mean novels and actually an own RPG ;) so no deep poetry or anything. But I and a friend did once write a thing - in swedish - about a hamster in the microwave, and I got it translated by an american friend known as Twisted_Ferret. Here it goes:

In the microwave oven a little hamster sat
Jumped right in there to hide from the cat
It was really cute; how unfortunate that
punching in a minute kinda made it go splat
Poor dead hamster, pretty funny to look at
But now my shrink wants to have a chat
:lol:

And - nice forum ;) hope noone minds if I stick along and post some sick poetry every now and then ;)

#25 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:42 AM

I've never been a poetry fan, but that was neat! :lol: How about one describing the cousin of the donkey with that nice name? ;) Regarding your studies, taste in music and so on, that's almost scary! :huh: What sort of RPG and novels are you writing? And what forum do you run?

#26 shagpuss

shagpuss

Acolyte of the Free Pie Front

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 01:13 PM

Sick poetry is always welcome!  :huh:
Burnt Face Man

Weeble & Bob

"A to the MuthFu***** K homeboy" Cypress Hill:Black Sunday

#27 Torgulf

Torgulf

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:24 PM

I've never been a poetry fan, but that was neat! :lol:

What sort of RPG and novels are you writing? And what forum do you run?
The forum is here, it's been around for about a year and was originally a Morrowind community (that went wrong :huh:). And the RPG is a current-day themed thing I've been working on sparsely for a few years, its working name is ORGANS but I think I will change that later on :lol:

The novels are pretty incoherent and mostly just filled with senseless violence. It's fun to write but they totally suck :lol:

By the way, do you by any chance like Dimmu Borgir? ;) *listens to them now*

Oh, and, regarding your favorite games list:

- Rune (multiplayer that is)
Did you know that that exists as a P&P RPG aswell? ;) I haven't tried it though ;)

Sick poetry is always welcome! ;)
Yay :lol:

#28 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:45 PM

Torgulf, on Feb 20 2005, 10:24 PM, said:

By the way, do you by any chance like Dimmu Borgir? :huh: *listens to them now*
I went to a concert with them not that long ago. Think it's the best I've been to! And that's something as I've been to a few concerts these last few years! Dimmu is the first black metal band I liked, and they are still my favourite. In general Metal is my favoured music category.

Torgulf, on Feb 20 2005, 10:24 PM, said:

Did you know that that exists as a P&P RPG aswell? ;) I haven't tried it though ;)
Yay :lol:
I bought it quite some time ago. Sadly I haven't had time to test it yet ;). I used to play a lot of P&P RPG, but these last few years I have hardly played. Bought Babylon 5, Conan, Rune and a few others and haven't tried any of them ;). You?

#29 Torgulf

Torgulf

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:20 AM

I went to a concert with them not that long ago. Think it's the best I've been to! And that's something as I've been to a few concerts these last few years! Dimmu is the first black metal band I liked, and they are still my favourite. In general Metal is my favoured music category.
*dies*
That must have been amazing :huh: ... and I've only seen crap like Lambretta (at best! It was painful... I still haven't been able to repress it =P) live ;) how awful this existence is ^-^
The first metal band I liked must have been... Metallica I think ;) but Finntroll got me completely hooked :peachy: shame that singer got cancer though, they were so good ;) (my ex even named her cat after him :lol:)

I bought it quite some time ago. Sadly I haven't had time to test it yet ;). I used to play a lot of P&P RPG, but these last few years I have hardly played. Bought Babylon 5, Conan, Rune and a few others and haven't tried any of them :D. You?
I haven't tried any of those - but I did get a chance to look through the Rune rulebook once, but wasn't too amazed by it. I keep hearing good things about Babylon 5 though ;) Call of Cthulhu has also been on my to-do-list for years, but I haven't gotten around yet checking it out yet (and speaking of which...) :/

#30 Munkeylord

Munkeylord

Am I back? possibly.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 03:23 PM

yes...i'm munkeylord. i live in the usa, currently serving a term of 3 years in the united states army as a paratrooper. i'm 21, interests are guitar, paintball, the bar, and other stuff. used to mod xcom. havn't done much yet as far as college goes, i drop in once in awhile to see whats new. but other than that i don't say much anymore.  :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users