Psychic Abilites?

goku

You start by capturing either a sectoid leader (i also think sectoid commanders will work, but i am not sure of this) or any kind of ethereal, alive. After it has been researched, you will be allowed to research a 'psi-lab'. Research it. After it is done, build one ASAP (if money allows). Also, you will then be able to research either the mind shield or the psi-amp. The psi-amp will allow you to use the psychic powers you have achieved (a trooper MUST have gone through psychic training to use it, more on it later). The mind shield is a base facility that reduces the chances of aliens directly assaulting your base.

Ok, thats it for research. After your psi-lab is finished, you have to wait until the end of the month. After you get briefed on funding changes etc, you will be brought to the psi-lab screen. It is here that you can have your troops enter psychic training. Up to ten troops per lab may be trained. Now, for the rest of the NEXT month, they will be psychically trained. Do what i do: DO NOT SEND THEM ON MISSIONS UNLESS IT IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE. If they die before months end, you will not be able to reassign the now empty psi-training slot until the end of the month.

Anyways, any troops that were in psi training that survived the month, will have there psychic stats shown at long last (note in the 'soldiers' screen in base control, if you check their' stats, there are two empty slots at the bottom of the screen). Psychic strength, and psychic skill. Psychic strength is a fixed stat, and cannot be raised. Psychic skill is raised by either putting a man through future training, or by using his psychic skills in combat.

Suggestions: Sack people that have a psi strength of lower than 20, or maybe even 25. They are too easily mc'ed. Also, if you are facing ethereals, only send high psi-strength troops, preferably in the 50s if posssible.

Also, a troop can only utilize his powers with the aid of a psi-amp, which i mentioned earlier. I tend to only give my psi-amps to people with a psi-strength of 60 or over. If none are available, one with 50. If none of those either, the team will not have a psionicist for the mission.

They start off a little slow at first, but given time (and training), they can start to kick ass and take names :confused:

Anyways, there are two kinds of psi attacks: Panic and mind control.

Panic just lowers the morale of someone. Mind control adds the alien to your team for the rest of the turn. Do note that it is a LOT harder to MC than to panic someone. However, chances of a successful MC are greater if the enemy has low morale at the moment.

You should see how well 3 well trained, hihgly skilled psionicists can own the aliens :D

Oh yeah, it does not matter at ALL where they are at the moment, if the alien is in the sights of ANY of your troops, you can psi-attack it even if your 5 miles away (even though thats not possible in the game, i think you get what i mean). This gives you the benefit of letting your psionicists out of the face of danger, so they can live to survive another month's of psychic training.

(*PSY MASTER ENTERS* *Trumpets are heard in the distance*) To unlock the psi abilities of any x-com op they need one complete month in psi trainning. After the one month of trainning (funding change/psi assignment screen) you should see that all of the ops in trainning now has psi stats. (This section is an subjective statement) At this time take all ops who are in trainning with a psi power (defence) less than 50 out of trainning. At this time put any untrainned ops into trainning but don't stop trainning the ops with psi power of 50+ out. Now go into the solder list and put an * by the names of anyone with psi power 50+ (I know i have a 90+ psi rating so i don't need the *) . Now get a skyranger with all the 50+'s and equip them with Power Armor, Laser Rifles, and Psi Amps (I CALL THEM THE PSI GUYS!!! :confused::cry: ). Now only send them to missions involving mutons the first month and floater/snakemen the second month. Try to stay away from terror missions intill your psi guys are etherial level or higher :D . These Masters of Psi should remain together intill there skills are to the point where they stop growing from trainning in the psi gyms. Protect these "PSY GUYS" at all cost. One Psionic can change the course of a battle (MARS!!) With this you should be able to raise an army of PSY GUYS that can manipulate ethereals like putty :cry: . (Tips For Psi Use) 1/2 and 1/2- Half psionics half not (good aginst snakemen, floater, muton, and occasionally sectoid missions. Platoon- 2 Tanks and six Psy Guys great aginst smaller ships when man power is limited and good quality solders are short on supply. Ethereal Ownership- 14 Top notch psionics that "F" up anything that had a brain (they can also Mind Control Mutons :devil: ) (key word "had" :devil: . Putty anyone?). Overseer- 2 psionics and 12 rookies. Train the buggers and when they get into a jam you can aid them with a life saving Psi Attack (use only aginst snakemen and floaters. Mutons are too hard to keep at bay with only 2 psionics) Getto Boot Camp- 4 psionics and 10 rookies with only laser pistols (use aginst mutons) (psionics need 75+ TU for larger ships) allows your rookies to get a lot of target practice without the waste of ammo and loss of human life. (You can use reg pistols but you need to bring A LOT of ammo) And Finally the all mighty 1/2 and 1/2 MKII- Half Psionics, Half Reg, All with blasters. (Mars conquest anyone?)

Congrads you just survived your first lession in the PSY GUY'S School of Psionic Mastering (not accepting any students at this time unless you are a Intelligent, Creative, Petit, Good Looking Redhead Between Ages 16-18)

Have a nice day :D

-PSY GUY- :D

(ad) Seeking Intelligent, Creative, Petit, Good Looking Redhead Between Ages 16-18.