Character stats question

HawaiianGuy

The editor does not directly effect the actual game. In fact if you edit the default databse you'll never make a working mod, you see the editro compares your databse with the game databse when you 'build' your mod, and only records the differences!

So you need to 1) edit a "New Database', 2) "Build" you mod, and then 3) Add your mod to your game. - if it's a savegae you will have to use a 3rd party utility to enable the mod in the savegame.

When you build your mod you will have a game.db and a description.txt file, these go in a sub-directory off your game directory and then in game you choose 'Custom game' select your mod, click the arrow to add it to the game and apply it.

When you build your mod you will have a game.db and a description.txt file, these go in a sub-directory off your game directory and then in game you choose 'Custom game' select your mod, click the arrow to add it to the game and apply it.

Thank you, it worked great. :)

One more question. Is there a limit to where you can set attributes and skill points. I'm guessing 255 would be the limit but haven't tried it yet.

Thanks again

8)

Play around a bit and report your findings for the rest of us.

Tried the american sniper with stats of str, dex and int of 50. Set level at 30 and all skills to 245. That gave me 490 VP's and AP's. Tried the starting mission and one other with 1 other character with the same stats. Seemed to run ok, no problems.

Then tried it with all stats set to 255. Finished the starting mission with no problems but when I went on the first regular mission and got caught in a random encounter she commited suicide as soon as the encounter started :)

I guess that answered that question, keep things below 255 :lol:

Then tried it with all stats set to 255. Finished the starting mission with no problems but when I went on the first regular mission and got caught in a random encounter she commited suicide as soon as the encounter started  :)

LMAO, instead of throwing an exception, the game kills your character :)