Need help (custom character creation)

Kenny5512

Ok i finally found it !!

I made all the things you explain in your "changing player skin" topic... i created my mod, i select it in the game, but nothing changes !

the character looks like before, the skin didnt change... (I know it doesnt appears in the character selection menu, so i "really" started a game... but it didnt work)

So i have some questions :

Your example was for a pre-created character (allies soldier i think).

If you modify the Allies sniper skin, then you make a custom sniper... he would wear the new skin, wouldn't he?

It was the first thing i done.... tried it with a custom character... but it didnt work, so i did exactly what you explain in your post.... but it still doesnt work.

The mod works (at least in the editor : when i load the mod, and choose PC characters > hero > Allies sniper, i have the skin i want loaded.)

Well.... so..... i dont understand.

Sorry for my english, i hope you wont have problems to understand..

PS : the skin i wanted was the "German Field Agent", a skin that you can choose if you play Axis... it's a dark one with a hook, pretty good looking.

Yeah im having that problem too... changed not only the character models, but all the german, uk and terrorist models... pressed BUILD, watched the dance of the funny little dos windows and then moved the "description.txt" and "game.db" files to a new folder named MyUniformMod (or something) and activated it in the game... new campaign... nothing new about it... same old same old...

no new uniforms or anything...

whats up?

as damien said.

perhaps you've modded the "original game". when you did this, your mod wont contain any data, because of the way building works:

1.) reads the original database (a5game) into a .db file

2.) reads the actual modded database into a .db file

3.) compares the results of 1.) & 2.) and writes them into game.db

when youve forgotten to create a new mod (at start of editor), youve to do following:

1.) stop sql server

2.) move the both a5game*** files out of the res folder

3.) autorun from s2-disc one, use repair-installation (works quick)

4.) start editor, create a new mod, "MOD"

5.) wait till finished

6.) exit editor

7.) move the files from step 2.) to the folder created during step 4.) in your s2 folder

well i for one have done all that is supposed to be required:

Started the editor, choosing a new mod and so forth.

making the mod

pressing build

watching the 2 dos windows do their stuff.

moving the "game.db" and "description.txt" files from teh folder created by the modding tool into another folder inside SilentStorm named My_Mod

activated it in the customgame selection...

started new campaign...

nothing happens...

perhaps you should try this:

you need a tool capable of hexadecimal fileviewing, like ultraedit32.

then build it.

view the resulting game.db with the tool. there should be a lot of words, corresponding the column names of the altered tables. if not so, building has gone wrong. if there are entries, something doesnot work while loading your mod into the game.

as an alternative you can try to build manually.

you need:

1.) the game's game.db from s2 main-dir

2.) the knowledge how to use the dataimport tool (just search for it, i explained it allready)

to do:

1.) dump your altered modification, db name is something like a5gamemod_nameofyourchoice

2.) compare it against the game.db from above step 1.) (via diff -switch)

3.) examine the resulting file / try it sstorm

by the way, what did you exactly change?