Allied Skin Pack!(W.I.P)

djstoker

hey every1. the partisan civillian likes of the allied side was starting to bug me, so im starting work on an allied skin pack. ill try and update this thread often with each new allied soldier i do. and so with out further adew, i give you our faithfull allied medic, Adala:

Also how can i get two pieces of headgear e.g. a gasmask AND a helmet, cause atm i can only choose one in the uniform thing in the editor.

cheers, any comments?

Dj :)

*PICTURES WORKING NOW :) *

https://uk.geocities.com/djstoker@btinterne...m/Abalacomp.JPG ^click^

Great that you are working on it. I can't actually see the pictures because your hosting service (angelfire) is blocked at my work, but I'll check it out when I get home.

As for the uniform stuff, it's a matter of digging deep and experimenting, you should be able to mix and match what you need, but some things are hidden in illogical places.

I would actually like a mod that makes ALL the Commandos under your command (Allies and Axis) be more partisan civilian...

it only seems logical since they often operate behind enemy lines in the game and it seems stupid to infiltrate the enemys country wearing your own uniforms...

aww heck i might even like one where they are using the other countries uniforms (ie. the germans use the brittish uniforms)

one thing that might appeal to everyone is to change the characters to have their real countrys uniforms... ie. all the russians have russian uniforms, italians italian uniforms, japanese their own etc.

it kindof bugs me that they all use UK or GE uniforms...

but first and foremost i would like to see a "partisan" mod... where both the german commandos and the british commandos use civilian clothes.

oh and by commandos i mean the troops under your command... not any commandos you meet in the game...

it is possible to change only the special caracters right?

yeah for some reason angelfire axed my account. im getting a new host now so the pics will be up soon.

Oddball you could go around doing it yourself, the sticky about uniform changing tells you everything you need to know. i was just getting annoyed by the unrealistic military uniforms of your team mates.

And yeah i am gonna have russian characters in rusian uniforms, but for abala he is wearing a british uniform as India was still kinda part of the british empire.

Thanks biggles, yeah ill keep on searching in teh editor. its quite a powerfull tool!

hi there, gasmasks, helmet, caps, goggles are handled all the same, so there is no easy way (none i fonnd out yet) to combine them.

but you can try this:

playing around with the faces, adding stuff there, and then again use this face on the specific modell, adding stuff again via uniform.

or just combine glasses and helmet for example via maya :-)

well i added a link to my crappy geocites hosting, but i dont think it will let me post it as an image, so u have to copy and paste the link into a new internet explorer window. sorry.

anyone know of some1 decent online image hosting which is free? cheers

Dj :roll:

Ummm... just thought id point out that Arvid is from Norway... wich in no way at all has any connections with the USSR... wich means he shouldnt have a russian uniform...

since he is a volunteer in the UK army he should have a UK uniform...

so hes one of the few who can actually keep his original uniform...

I've been tinkering with the editor and I believe I can explain how to have helmets with goggle or gasmask etc.

Ok first start up the editor then choose "View" then from the list choose "Select Resource Tabs" Now click on the tab marked "Misc" and then place a check in the box next to "Complex Heads"

As I understand it the models have six parts. The legs(+arms), body(torso area), face (hands+neck), complex head, uniform (actually accessories like backpack or gun holsters), and orders( rank insigna etc, mostly found on german models).

I'll focus on the head section and try and explain what I've found so far. Click on the complex head tab on the left of the editor to bring up the list of heads. When you select a head your view screen may be black. Use the right mouse button+ mouse to rotate, scrolling wheel to zoom/unzoom and control+ right mouse to scroll.

On the right is the properties list that defines the features of the head. Under the models is a list of Hair.. HairInCap...etc. If you select the Values next to Mesh1 you can assign that for a helmet. Mesh2 could be glasses or a gasmask. I would suggest going through the models and take note of the different glasses and masks to get the type that you want.

Be careful because you can do all sorts of strange stuff like making item models stick out of thier heads! Might be fun to try with a knife :)

Once you get the head you want you can go back to the Pers tab and goto the team mate you want to change the head of. At the very bottom of the properties list on the right is a entry for "complex head" simply change that to the head you want and you are all set!

Just tinkering around I put together a russian sniper with the standard USSR uniform, field cap, sunglasses and ofcorse black leather gloves.

I haven't tried to actually tried to make a mod and run it in game yet so Im not sure if any of the above will cause any problems. Remember that if you change the heads it changes the head in the game that may be used by other models. I'll try and make a new head model and see if I can get it to work without causing any trouble.

Just a final note, the individual parts of the characters outfits can be mixed and matched if you use the Models Tab =) Happy modding and if anyone can figure out how to extract the textures out of the Res file I'd love to take a stab at a US army medic and/or some British Paratroopers.

I hope this helps and if something isn't clear let me know and Ill explain it some more .

I just ran a quick test and managed to get a custom head to work ingame. Basicly I added(inserted) a new complex head. Then I selected the nationality and then changed the head to have the ID of an already existing head. Then I added a helmet and gasmask. I then when to the Pers section and changed one of the teamate model's heads to the ID of the one I created. I won't have much time to mess with the editor untill later as Im off to shoot my real Lee Enfields, and 1911 with my brother and father. :)