Mods Announcements

Biggles

If you create a mod and want it seen by the community please post info and links in this thread.

I will also occasionally add news of new mods available for download at S2HQ.

Such as...

Novik's new 'DieHard' mod. Which I believe tunes a few values, increases the AI use of grenades and overall makes for a tougher game experience.

You'll find it, and other mods in our files section.

Hey there!

I have made my first mod.

i have changed almost all of the uniforms to get more variety (and general coolness)

i have also delt with that (according to me) pesky problem of the british troops running around with russian guns.

i have changed most (if not all) of the units under the following groups:

UKmobs

UKsaboteurs

GermanMobs

GermanSaboteurs

Terror

PC

i might have changed some other models too, but thats just a bonus i guess.

my next mod will remove those Sci-Fi weapons... the laser and plasmagun

i mean... the panzerklein i can accept... but thats as far as i can stretch my imagination.

/Oddball_E8

And the next installment will be along soon...

i have fiddled about with the sounds this time...

since there is only one sound for rifles that include the bolt-action sound i have set that to all the rifles...

most rifles sound the same in real life anyway so i thought this would be ok...

and ive changed alot of other weapon sounds too..

and most of the reload sounds.

New Mod available for download at S2HQ.

PK Mod v1.0

Author: Biggles

Email: webmaster@s2hq.com

DESCRIPTION:

When I thought about the design brief that may have been given to some mad scientist working on such a thing as a Panzerklien it occured to me that they would have had mobility as a prime factor.

No vehicle can survive long in a hostile environment if it is a sitting duck. So I've tweaked the design of the PKs to match this brief. In short they are quicker, but weaker.

A coupl eof other changes to the game have been made also. These will probably be a constant in all my mods.

PK Changes:

* AP cost for movement has had modifiers removed.

* Terrorist Pks can no longer Hide (Allied Scout Only)

* The Richochet Probability of their armour has been changed:

45 to 40

* PK Armour has had it's strength & penetration values adjusted:

450 -> 250

300 -> 100

* The MAx VP of all PKs has been drastically reduced:

Allied PK  450 -> 250

Allied Scout PK  400 -> 220

Allied Sniper PK	420 -> 220

Axis PK 	 600 -> 250

Axis Engineer PK	550 -> 300

Axis Soldier PK  700 -> 300

THO Boss PK  1000 -> 500

THO Grenadier PK	600 -> 350

THO Medic PK  600 -> 300

THO AGS PK  600 -> 350

THO Gatling PK  600 -> 350

THO LasGun PK  600 -> 350

Game Changes:

* On 'Normal' level you MUST carry out your unconcious guys

* On 'Normal' level you will NOT be healed when you leave a map.

* Some AP costs have been changed:

Enter PK 	 10 -> 12

InterUnit Item Transfer  0 -> 2

Item Take/ Throw  0 -> 2

ItemSlot (Inventory MOve)	0 -> 2

I have a new mod coming out... a SOUND MOD!

ill make it during the weekend and if you are lucky ill be done by monday... if i manage to squeeze it in between going to see "city of god" (or divine city) and "kill bill"...

i will also post a small (and i do mean small) tutorial on how to edit the sounds (and possibly the textures too since i think its the same process)

i got this information directly from bandures of Nival and it works.

My upcoming mod is new campaign:

Things to Come campaign/The Fall of Civilization (aka Fallout 44) (Allied Campaign)

WWII went badly for everyone. Civilization has collapsed from England all the way east to China because of the accumulated damage to the infrastructure, massive casualties, and a worldwide influenza epidemic. After Pearl Harbour the Japanese managed to land an expeditionary force near Santa Barbara, it caused a great deal of destruction and severely damaged the morale of the Americans before it was exterminated by the U.S. Army. The Pacific War was in full swing when the epidemic hit and elements of the US Marines and Japanese Army are stranded all over the Pacific.

England was shattered with missiles and invaded but the British remained defiant, the Germans were driven back but when petrol ran out and things fell apart some German soldiers were stranded, they hold Sussex and are based out of Brighton. London fell to the Germans but was abandoned when they retreated back to the coast. The city is mostly deserted now, what is left of the government and royalty is in Liverpool.

The Germans detonated two atomic bombs on the Eastern Front to cover their retreat. They were untested and the Germans were not prepared for the level of destruction. Casualties were extreme on both sides. The Americans retaliated by dropping an atomic bomb on Berlin

Western and Eastern Europe are in chaos with armies disintegrating into competing war bands and the epidemic scything through the world's population. Millions are dying.

The player is in a group of people in England who hide in a deep and extensive bunker underground to wait for the epidemic to pass. Unfortunately the Plague breaks out due to the fall of civilization and they have to stay in the bunker for a year.

When the player emerges the world is mostly in ruins. Initial resources are limited. Initially the player will have a poor selection of weapons. Handguns, knives, and a few grenades will be all at the start.

The first mission will be to get to the bunker; it is hidden in Sussex under an abandoned manor house. The player will have to enter an area held by stranded Germans and find the bunker entrance.

I'm still deciding what changes to the game rules I will make. I will probably include the AP costs for inventory changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm... i seem to recall one mod where it did...

oh well...

in my new mod (aptly called "Oddballs_Mod_v1.0) i will include some of the following:

1.Ap costs for picking stuff upp, changing between team members and so forth.

2.Changed uniforms and mods

3.NEW (although not imported) uniforms and models

4.OddballsRealism1.1(TM, patent pending) wich includes such things as: no sci-fi weapons (that includes the RPD), non-PK AT-rifles, Correct ammo (30 shots in Bren, .45APC in M1 tommy etc), Fewer female characters (only soviets used female combat personel), longer weapons and grenade throwing ranges. "realistic" weapons damage (well more realisticly scaled anyway) and correct weapons on enemys (no more russian guns on brits in england)

5.new equipment "markers" (such as MG ammo pouches on characters)

6.more durable terrain (no more tearing down brick walls with SMG fire)

7.less power in shots (no more flying opponents when using MGs)

well thats all i can think of right now... most of these are already done, but since the game goes all screwey right now it will have to wait until the patch comes out... and then until a crack comes out too... but if that works ill buy the freakin game...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello ,Where to upload my mod ?

this is the " more ammo " MOD for silent storm :

- clip 3 times more ammo

- burst 2 times more bullets

- extra life points for heros and ennemy

- add save,show clue and bandage for difficult and impossible level

- put ennemy a little more hard in the normal mod + have to carry wounded

- grenades effect more large ( do not throw grenade near you )

- contact damage 2 times more high ( to compensate extra life )

- more ennemis ?

- extra equipment

• 3 weeks later...

Well it seems that some of the things i have promised for my new mod wont be in it (at least not in the first release)

i havent removed any female characters, havent improved the "physical" range of weapons (but doubled the "on-paper" range of rifles and MG), no scaling of weapons damage (as of yet... too much work) and finally no fix for the flying bodies when hit by mg fire (asked bandures, but i think hes tired of me since hes not answering :? )

ETA on the mod is not set... right now im in the middle of the quite tedious task of setting up uniforms for all the player characters and the other player operatives... after that i have to sort out the equipment for random encounters so there will be no more wierd combos like brittish smg's on russian soldiers and german mg's on brittish gunners...

both these tasks are very repetetive and quite boring... so right now i can do something like one or two uniforms per day... and tomorrow i start school again and that takes presidence...

sorry... :(

OT: not much happening on these forums is there? what happened... everyone stopped playing and modding the game or what?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanx dude... i will... just had someone steal some sounds from my soundmod for combat mission 2 without giving credit...

not only that but the arse has the balls to go into MY thread (announcing my new soundmod for combat mission 3) and shamelessly plug "his" mod...

ive heard that his mod also includes sounds from another guys soundmod...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use this mod for my personal game but theres no mods for DL I wondered if it could be posted somewhere. guess not. I put in bout 6 new textures, mixed all uniforms and some models for more variety, changed bios, names, loadouts, usual stuff. made waffen ss and us marines, new char an menu screens, lots of junk I had fun with. I changed npcs in maps, doubled the amount of models. blah im almost done playing s2, i bought it late. my file is near 1mb so i wanted to ask first.

its too bad, since theres no mod scene i can find, i ended up changing my mod from ww2 realistic looker to a x rated one, err for my personal fun haha. I mean no swastikas or comfort women??