Texture Editing?

Hell Kitty

Hi. :o

I'm so jealous, I still have to wait for my copy. :-x Should be here in a week or two. Gah!

So far I haven't heard of any texture editing. Being that we are supposed to be able to modify everything (or just about), how easy is it to edit the textures? For example, would I be easily able to add a bunch more outfits for my player character, or can they only be replaced?

Do the editing tools include something that lets us look in the res files the way winzip allows us to look in zip files? Does the game recognise unextracted files (the way Quake 3 engine games can extract everything out of their pk3 files, and then read the extracted files instead of the compressed files)?

Am I all too confusing? :-x :lol:

Actually there's supposed to be an export command on the right-click menu (greyed out on mine). I'm waiting on Bandures to get back to me on the actual process for exporting textures and models.

[edit]

Textures can be exported by right-clicking and selecting "export". The tab to look for is "Graphics->Textures". For model exporting, you're looking for "Graphics->Geometries".

[/edit]

Ok, so I managed to find the graphics tab. :)

You choose [select resource tabs] From the [View] menu. Click on the [Graphics] tab, then check [Textures] (and whatever else you may want to tick).

I can now browse through all the textures. :lol: I can then choose Export from the right click menu, but I get a Source Error, and nothing gets esported. :-x

Edit: You beat me too it. :) :x

err.. because I'm 'meant' to be working at work :)

at home I've got a partner who, although pretty cool about the time I spend on my PC does occasionally want me to: wash dishes, vacuum, mow the lawn, hang out the laundry, cook dinner, give her attention, etc etc

sometimes I miss the bachelor life

err.. because I'm 'meant' to be working at work :)

at home I've got a partner who, although pretty cool about the time I spend on my PC does occasionally want me to: wash dishes, vacuum, mow the lawn, hang out the laundry, cook dinner, give her attention, etc etc  

sometimes I miss the bachelor life

Amen. I'm pretty much in the same position as you are. Pros and cons. :)