Ufo in RPG

umbriel

Someone sent me a mail to know what i have done with GURPS and UFO...

I sorry to say that i give all my RPG books (no more time to play, cause of my wife and my daughter).

I give below the 2 greats idea of the campaign i do...

1rst... It is a solo campaign... The player wake up in a hospital room... He dont remenber exactly whats happened to him... He learn he get an accident with his car... His wife is happy to see that he no more in a coma...

His live continue normally, he's working in pharmacetic industry...

I sure that everybody ask: what is the link with UFO ??? :hmmm:

During the night, he dream of a man which laught just front of him... He sure he know this man... He start to speak about this man to his wife.. She dont know him... He received a call from Police which tell him that his accident is a sabotage... He speak to them about the "man of the dream" and decide to go to police to see if they know him in their files...

After long research, he finally find this man, recognize as a criminal (muderers, rapes, and so on...). The inspector propose to him to learn to use guns for his own defense... He accept..

When he start the training, he surprise to see that he know how to use every weapon... He shot like a killer.. Able to put all bullets in a 1 cm2 at 100 m of range (without laser sight, or scope)... He feel really strange.. He understand something going wrong...

2 stranges men come at this home... they explain to him that he was killer used by the government (his job is a cover), and this wrong ennemy is "Wolf Angus" (the "man of the dream". They explain to him that they want he find him, and kill him, once of all... He accept..

A long search start, the player understand that Angus working in a really powerfull organization... After a long track, the player finally learn that Angus will be in a great mansion (on a island) in few days.. He go, and fall in a trap... Angus and some of his men waiting for him...

They drug him and transport him to a curious place.. He see strange aircraft, men in heavy armor, and they all have the same insign "Xcom" (now, you understand the link :confused: )... when he wake up, he was bedroom.. He already know this one... Angus entered, and explain him :

The truth...

Steve (the player name), is one colonel of Xcom forces... During a permission in a city, he was kinnapted by Aliens.. They erase his memory and put a new one... They want to push him to find Angus (the Commander of Xcom) and kill him (they just forget the strong link between all the Xcom men :D )... Angus think that Steve have been killed by the alien... Finally, he learn that S. look for him and something going wrong (during the track, S. try to kill him 2 times). So he organize a trap to recover his soldier.

This scenario is a mix between Xcom and the film "total recall"... This topic is not enough to show the depth of the game and the fun we (the player and me) get to play it... We play during one complete year (2-3 hours a week, the track is really really long)...

Ok, I tell you the 2nd campaign later

I looking for your opinion on it....

Doesn't sound too bad.. but.. heh.. the story sound like a copy of the movie Long Kiss Goodnight with Geenda Davis and Samuel L Jackson tho.

That's pretty much the exact story of that movie. Well, not the x-com commander part tho. :confused: If I recall correctly they even had an Angus in that movie.. :cry:

[edit] Angus was from some other movie I think.. my bad :D