Modding Wishlist

Oddball_E8

Yeah yeah... i know these topics are popping up everywhere...

but i wanted to present my own little list...

and anyone posting here... please keep it realistic...

no fps shooter convesions...

Normal mods ("easy" to make)

Weapons Realism mod: to make the weapons more realistic when it comes to damage, range and rate of fire.

Sound Mod: my own little pet project.

Total Realism mod: remove/replace all the "prototype" weapons. ie all weapons that never went beyond the drawingboard (that includes panzerkleins)

Total Conversions:

Fallout Mod: this game is PERFECT for an unofficial fallout sequel. although it would take ALOT of effort from the modders.

Wastelands Mod: sortof like the fallout mod, but on the more serious side.

well thats all i could think of right now... 8)

There's no "s" in Wasteland. :)

Now there's an idea, though. A Wasteland mod would be awesome. That game sucked up so much of my time it was ridiculous. :)

As for a Rainbow 6 mod, that would be rather cool, 'specially since that series of games also had a semi-RPG stat system for the operatives already in place, taking some of the legwork out of operative-creation. Plus I've already started work on creating some contemporary weapon models, too.

There's no "s" in Wasteland. :)

Now there's an idea, though. A Wasteland mod would be awesome. That game sucked up so much of my time it was ridiculous. :)

As for a Rainbow 6 mod, that would be rather cool, 'specially since that series of games also had a semi-RPG stat system for the operatives already in place, taking some of the legwork out of operative-creation. Plus I've already started work on creating some contemporary weapon models, too.

well i was thinking of a swedish roleplaying game called wasteland<S> ... but im sure its somewhat similar to the computer game...

heh i love fallout 1,2 an the wasteland game :twisted:

yet... theres something i would kinda like to see in the game......

Blood an Guts... im not one of those sick pervs but, this came to me when i made one of my guys throw a uhh... rpg7 sumthin grenade and instead it hit the cabinent near him boounced on his head and hit him in the head and blew him up! i'd would've like to see his head pop off and blood goes everywhere but he poofed yet it was kinda funny to see.

also that game seems a bit too ..... long, its good but turns take a while like 2 or so minutes wich is kinda hard to withstand =/,

i would like to see..... hmmmm i dunno =/ :shock:

Other things that appeal to me are: Wild West mods

Sorry, I editted that to emphasise how much I'd love a Wild West mod. It could be fairly straight-forward, like a stereotypical Clint Eastwood movie, or it could be more wacky/sci-fi like Burroughs' Place Of Dead Roads.

Now that I've seen and played the game, I think the dynamic could work really well. Lots of small hamlets, and larger, more prosperous gold mining villages. It also provides some obvious diametrically opposed factions, similar to Axis vs Allies. (Perhaps I should say tri-ametric.) I'm thinking Lawmen - protect towns and landholders from Outlaws and Indians, Outlaws - get gold, subvert Law, provoke Indians - sack towns and reclaim homelands.

There are lots of different motives for each of the factions, which in turn lead to varied win-states. I only wish I had the skills to contribute.

I'd like to see a mod with a terrorist campaign, where you get pks+experimental weapons earlier. More enemys+tougher missions but you get better guns and uniforms. The basics are already there, just need to make a terrorist base and fiddle around with some stuff (mostly object placement). But missions, models, sounds and other stuff is there.

I wouldn't like to see a Fallout mod. Look at all the Fallout mods in developement for nearly every game, they usually get cancelled. It'd be better for a wasteland mod as it's more squad-based.

I wouldn't like to see the sci-fi stuff taken out of the game, but if people never made mods because 1 person didn't like the idea...well that'd be pretty crappy.

I'd like too see a shorter turns mod. Mabye a omaha beach level. Be nice to do something with the destructable enviroment too. A flamethrower would be pretty good.

UFO: Aftermath -mod

After a HUGE disappointment with the newest UFO-game someone should really remake that... Or some kind of human vs. alien sort of mod. Or X-files kind of stuff.

Star Wars -mod

Okay, I admit. This is too much to ask, but as being a Star Wars (classic) fanatic it would be great. Light sabres, imperial troops, classic locations (starships, jabba's palace, sandcrawler, snow/forest/deserts) and.. okay, just dreaming..

Those earlier ideas are also great. I think some kind of Fallout/Mad Max -kind of mod would be great! With or without any scifi-technology. Also the wild west -kind of mod sounds interesting and counter-terrorist -mod sounds pretty obvious.

Just inform me when that Star Wars mod is done! (But not in this week, I'm quite a busy)

One weird mod idea.

Bank Plunder -mod

Criminals doing several criminal activities and police/special troops preventing that. Civilians, bank vaults, sewers, escape cars, drugs, gold bars, prison escapes, etc.

Criminals should also wear masks posing as presidents of US and/or different cartoon characters. That would make the models look great!

Small group of members and "hangaround" members, hostages, some members carrying heavy gold bars slowly when others are preventing police from getting in, etc...

This game is great, I was somehow dissapointed with the release of UFO:Aftermath (good simultaneous type of turns but very very poor tactics and the worst: NO INDOORS).

I only played the demo of S2 but this game rocks! I think if modding is easy enough it will be the ultimate (1:1 scale) turn based game for any kind of tactical firefights from the invention of the gunpowder to even future wars...

So the wishlist of mods will be almost endless, here are my bets:

MODERN COUNTER TERRORISM Any kind of it, from bank rampaging to drug production disrupting and even hostage rescue...

USCMC United States Colonial Marine Corps... I mean "aliens", It will be great an Aliens universe mod... what about a campaing in those nasty Arcturan Conflict? Corporate mercenaries vs. Marines!

Lots of options, but my favourite is this (next november 21 the game is going to be released in spain, so I will start doing this mod on november 22 :wink: ):

DELTA GREEN: the beginning Yeah, a full Call of Cthulhu - brute force MOD, the plot is to make some creatures (I'll start with full mutated deep ones, deep one grunt, deep one shaman and stellar seed of Cthulhu) and try to make some campaigns set between 1920 and 1945... the first one I want to try is "the Fall of Innsmouth", (wich will require to add post WWI US. uniforms) where some troops rush an infested village (and lots of dungeons below). If I go on with it and the project goes well maybe I'll work on the third part of The mountains of madness where a group of desperate Nazi sciencists tries to capture the "ultimate weapon" in the dead Antarctic deserts (not so dead and not so deserted :wink: ) trying to win a lost war or at least trying to revenge a sure defeat.

Thats all.

TOPO ... some good ideas there. I'm getting the impression you do some 3D work yourself as well as drawing?

Well, maybe youre wrong! :( I got some good ideas (thats my perk) lots of them, I worked hard for many years as RPG director (I mean home work not actually work for money) and this kind of game (Silent storm) IS MY KIND OF GAME. Since I took the demo I am brainstorming myself about what can I do... with my ideas, some of my 2D skills and my secret weapon , I hope I will mod a little bit this really nice game.

My secret weapon is my girlfriend, Mercedes, a really nice 2D artist (actually working for Mercury Steam in a new game called Scrapland) who wants to improve her 3D skills and who accepted (today) to help me in this work, nice way to improve and to work together.

I made some 3D (years ago) and I am absolutely out of date... but I learn fast and I know what I want to do and how far I can get.

Anyway thanks for your comment :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Reviewing what should I get to read in the subway this morning I figured out a new plot for a mod:

This time a true PK oriented mod... well just call them landmates instead of panzer kleins and you will got it! :lol: A Masamune Shirow's APPLESEED MOD. That will be Great with lots of landmates (of course weaker than the ones in the game) and antiterrorist actions... good good godd :wink:

https://www.bigfire.com/pictures/Appleseed/Images/guges1.gif

hmm, first of all, xcom-1 mod! best game i ever played, still looking some mods and other stuff from xcom1 :( (i recommend ufo2000 for u all, net game from xcom1, IT ROKS!!!!!!!!!!)

hmm, other mods, maby realistic mod like all those scifi weapons, armors .. etc put away, weapon jams,more blood or gore effect.

fallout mod would be nice too..

and other cool mods.. etc

I support the Warhammer 40k mod, the UFO mod and the Colonial Marines mod.

Then a "What If" of S2, placed in the American Civil War or in an "alternate past" like the one in Iron Storm.

And regarding the Terrorism mod, what about a GI Joe/Cobra mod? :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

hi (first post btw)

I was wondering if anyone knew of Maschinen Krieger (aka SF3D), an original alternate history/future created by Japanese model designer Kow Yokoyama. The PKs in S2 are obviously (to me at least) HEAVILY inspired by his designs (just take a glance at some of the models here: https://home.att.net/~mak3000/mdls.html# ). I'd love to see, or participate in, a MaK mod for S2- this is something that wouldn't take a huge amount of resources (suit models exist, the world is easily trasnfered to an alternate WW2 world like S2's, etc.)

I just thought I'd bring this to attention and see if there any other mecha lovers out there.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I would love to see a R6 type mode; as many of you would judging by your posts, but I think it would be even better with the mercinary concept their adding in the expansion.

Some mods, or more game play issues I would like to see fixed via a mod are;

1. A button for spending AP on healing people, similar to aiming with a sinper rifle. This would mean you don't have to waste a whole turn with your healer / healee; you just give them as much healing as you wanted (within skill / item / AP limits of course).

2. A mod that alters the EXP value and EXP needed to level in order to smooth out the rate at which you gain HP. Some missions I do are basically not worth it in terms of EXP, while others I level like 3 times in 30 minutes. I know there are suggested missions to do, but this is a non-linear game, is it not?

3. This might be asking to much, I don't know much about modding. It would be good if when an enemy or ally for that matter dies and you don't see it; but you do hear it, for the 'noise shadow' of the enemy / ally to do a little dying animation; rather than staying there until you find the body.

4. Along similar lines to 3; it would be good if when one of your characters is in visial sight of a 'noise shadow' it disappears even if you have not found the person it belongs to yet.

5. If any of these mods has been made could you tell me where to get it.

Thanx.

• 2 weeks later...