Axis Wehrmacht Modpack

Darth Valium

According to my earlier post, ive done some stuff to your axis-comrades, so they do look more "wehrmacht-stylie" as this kindo-warfare-streatwear.

https://www.htw-dresden.de/~s2026/Axis_Skins.jpg

the bad news: the addmod programm doesnot work with this one, you have to start a new campagne to make it work.

two things to mention:

1.) you will not see any differences in the FIRST screen of character creation, these are separate modell, created only for this screen. i tried to change them, but the effort was only partially (heads were missing), so i decided to let things be.

2.) not only your created char has been alteres, i did the same to the other axis-fellow.

so, here you go.

Download Axis Wehrmacht Modpack

oops, i should stop using jowood's forum as my webspace :-)

by the way, you are free to use it on your webpage, as long as you mention me ;-). or better said, it would be nice if you do so.

there are 20 selectable chars for the axis, and i changed every modell, depending on their profession.

as mike is a soldier, he now has the look of the one to the right (screenshot), faces stay the same.

the same is for your generated char.

her a list profession / modell:

Scout - German Elite Soldier Modell & Scout Mask (not with your own char)

Sniper - German Officer and German Sniper Helmt (why an officer? what, you didnt see "enemy at th gates"?)

Engineer - GermanSaboteur + Engineers Cap

Medic - German SOldier + German Robothelmet02

Soldier - German Soldier + German Helmet 02

helmets and extra gadgets are added trough "uniforms".

hello, okay okay, you are right, im also not to happy with the sniper, at least you have the possibility to use the officers-modell for your char at the customizing screen, so there is really no sense in putting my movies-affection into this mod, so here we go:

https://www.htw-dresden.de/~s2026/AxisSkins.JPG

as you see, his skin is quite different from these of the other ones, i used the modell of the terrors-commander, so dont shoot your own sniper! (and dont forget to shoot at the enemies commandos :-) )

here's the download (this time its on my webspace, hell, i will leave university in 4 months, lot to do beside playing silent sorm :-( )

Download Axis_Skins_1.1

@biggles: heres the same as above, feel free to use ....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hmmmm.... The readme file says im supposed to just toss this "Axis_skins" folder into my Silent Storm folder.... I did this and i've cheked its there but it doesnt work... Nothing happens to my axis chars.... I started a new campaing after installing this mod but it doesnt seem to work.... was this created for all versions or just the russian??

hello, the name of the folder can be customn, but, as i know, must be without blanks. beneath the folder should be the game.db and the description.txt.

for ex.:

c:sstormaxisskinsgame.db

c:sstormaxisskinsdescription.txt

you will not see any difference at the char-selectionscreen.

i ve created the mod with the german retail and using it now with the english. do not know if it worx with the russian version(but think it should). i

• 1 month later...

I think the uniforms are too grey, they should be more greenish. These look like the bad German uniforms used in many WW2 movies, not at all historically accurate. The standard Heer wool infantry combat uniform was feldgrau (field grey) which is actually a greenish grey. The cotton or rayon summer uniforms were reed green. The grey used in many WW2 movies was only used in dress unifroms and pre-war uniforms.

Also, by the middle of the war the Germans were making extensive use of a large variety of camouflage smocks, and by late war blouses and eventually whole uniforms. Especially their numerous kommando units. Fallschirmjagers were the first to receive camouflage uniforms, as early as 1939. This was the main reason why the Allies never issued a camouflage uniform in the European theater. They were afraid it would cause too many friendly fire incidents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...