#1 Neo

new
Neo

X-COM Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 11:12 AM

I Have put this poll in this forum because I don't know where to put it., if you have to move it sumwhere else then I don't mind, anyway

Vote for ur favourite X-COM Game (I was gonna put ALL OF THEM in the vote but that wud be 100% probably) Mine has to be UFO!! (Even though I love them all)
Capture the Muton commander, interrogate, then.................Kill Him

#2 The Veteran

new
The Veteran

The Guv'nor

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 05:22 PM

Well it is the original of the Xcom games so this forum is probably the best place to put it (if I didn't think so I would use my moderatory powers to move it!)
Anyway, looking at the results so far I'd say you put it in the right place!
Welcome back to the wonderful world of Fan-fiction! (it's short for fantastic!)
Go check em out, UFO TFTD and Apocalypse all under one roof!!!

Also why not check out XCom : Colonisation over in the special projects forum. Won't kill you if you do, might kill you if you don't!

#3 Neo

new
Neo

X-COM Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 05:28 PM

Yeh

#4 ApOcaLyPSe_1985

new
ApOcaLyPSe_1985

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 06:31 PM

Heh, they where all good, but my choice goes to Apocalypse. Not because of my name, but of the huge technology tree, graphics and a new mode of gameplay. Oh yeah, and the difficulty too.
BOOKS! GET THEM OFF! GET THEM OFF ME!! ARGH!!!

#5 Neo

new
Neo

X-COM Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 06:44 PM

Not saying ur predictable Apoc but i had an idea u were gonna put that as ur favourite game.lol

#6 Neo

new
Neo

X-COM Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 06:58 PM

Hey who voted for TFTD. (im not sayin its wrong but i just wanna no who voted for what) I would vote for all of them but that would be too easy.

#7 Alan

new
Alan

The Voice Of Reason & DB Repair Fairy

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 07:36 PM

as much as i like all of them it was really only a choice of ufo and apoc.

ufo cause its the origional & best (gotta love that game  :inlove: )
apoc, cause its the most up to date & bug free of the classic style x-coms (tbs)
A Target_Tinboy production

#8 Neo

new
Neo

X-COM Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 07:49 PM

So which 1 did u vote 4?

#9 Closey

new
Closey

Blue plastic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 09:15 PM

That was easy for me. UFO all the way. I haven't played TFTD much actually because I didn't like it the first time I tried it years back (yeah, I know I should've tried it more.. :confused:) and I don't really like Apoc. Not sure why.. probably because I didn't like the real time and it took way too long in tb (especially the slums.. :hmmm:)

#10 Psy Guy

new
Psy Guy

PSY MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 09:38 PM

I must go with UFO on this one.  Apoc is nice and i love real time but there was too much unfinished stuff and i didn't like the enemies. UFO on the other hand was well structured plus the enemy are well rounded and they are more realistic plus its easier to understand who they are and what they want. UFO has that old school feel (the feel of a well planed and organized game that doesn't seemed rushed or "overstressed") which today's games desparately need.  (Personally i hate it when computer game reviews say a new game is the "best game ever" aka Half Life, The Sims etc etc. They won't last the test of time unlike UFO which will be #1 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

-PSY GUY-  :confused:
News Today: Grav Ball League accepts the nomination for the "Vacuous Ally" award given by the X-Com Board of Public Relations. Experts predict that the two time Vacuous Ally winner Lifetree will win the award for the 3rd time following its $200,000 joint endeavor with General Metro to increase Blazer Turbo Bike production.

#11 InsaneLapin

new
InsaneLapin

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 11:24 PM

UFO is the original one. The main idea come from there and I am nostalgic.

UFO for Life

#12 Cazbol

new
Cazbol

Slayer of reloaders

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 11:00 AM

I voted for UFO because I've only played UFO and Email X-COM (which I really like and play quite a bit).  Amazingly enough I've had TFTD, Apoc and Interceptor for over 2 years and I haven't even tried them once!  Never started them up.  That's because I intend to complete them in the right order and I'm only just about to finish UFO.  :confused:

Understandably I'm not eagerly awaiting  an X-COM sequel since I already have 3 in line.

Cazbol  :D

#13 Neo

new
Neo

X-COM Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 04:11 PM

Cool, u must have patience cause wen i get a new game i cant wait to play it and you want to wait?!? ITS X-COM!!!!!!PLAY IT U DONT KNOW WHAT UR MISSIN!!!!!!

#14 Solfius

new
Solfius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 September 2002 - 07:55 AM

im like cazbol, i've got TFTD and Apoc but i'm not goiung to play on them until i've completed UFO. That is why i haven't voted, i haven't played any of the others

#15 The Veteran

new
The Veteran

The Guv'nor

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 29 September 2002 - 05:10 PM

I completed them all in the right order. Except of course if you count enforcer that should be completed at the same time as UFO... Which as well as being impossible is complete rubbish.
If these Enforcer robots could be built then why have I just sacrificed the lives of 9 human soldiers???
Welcome back to the wonderful world of Fan-fiction! (it's short for fantastic!)
Go check em out, UFO TFTD and Apocalypse all under one roof!!!

Also why not check out XCom : Colonisation over in the special projects forum. Won't kill you if you do, might kill you if you don't!

#16 The Demi-Godly One

new
The Demi-Godly One

Gutseneintsenboughging all the time!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 09:49 PM

I wasn't sure between apocalypse and UFO but I eventually
chose apocalypse because UFO is too easy.
3.14. Mmm, pi.

#17 AcidBoot

new
AcidBoot

The refried frontal lobe of the soul.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 12:43 PM

I went for UFO.

TFTD was too buggy and, I felt, limited in scope re:land missions. I didn't really dig the whole ultra futuristic world either.

Apocalypse was a big disappointment for me. In "updating" the series, the graphics, gameplay, and plot somehow ended up in the toilet. One of the things that bugged me was the way that your guys were such bad shots! Even the guys with the better stats missed too much for my liking. These are meant to be quasi-professional soldiers, and they aim worse than an average farmer's kid.

I haven't played Interceptor or Enforcer, and don't particularly care.

What is the email one like? I've never heard of it!
About 95% of people are kidding themselves. The trouble is that almost all of that 95%, by their nature, belive that they are in the other 5%. Ironically most of the 5% are worried that they may be in the 95%.

#18 Asmodai

new
Asmodai

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 03:31 AM

I'd totally have to say Apoc, It's got the best of all the games. It's got UFO and TFTD, but better graphics and such, it has Interceptor cause u can manual control vehicles(which I do frequently). Plus I say it's got the best strategic depth to it.

I'd also like to add that Interceptor is good for killing, the strat part isn't tht good, but flying is real fun, and the AI is done real well.  Also you can't beat multiplayer!
All the other times the aliens use their psychic powers to cut me into bite-sized pieces. The best is when the person you trust most turns around and shoots your Commander from 150 feet away inside smoke in the back of the head with his eyes closed. - Snikers

#19 Jman4117

new
Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 12:29 AM

UFO is my favorite by a longshot.
"Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face."
-- Krusty the Clown, "The Simpsons"

#20 NoXTheRoXStaR

new
NoXTheRoXStaR

Wretched Aquanaut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:25 AM

Terror From The Deep. I played the Demo before I knew anything about X-COM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users