48 replies to this topic

#41 son_ix

son_ix

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 05:48 PM

Unfortunately I cannot think of anything that would cause areas of the terrain to be unpaintable :(

oh yes, just try a map 30x30 then u'll have a 2 squares white border on your map that is not paintable with texture brush

#42 damocles

damocles

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 06:00 PM

So it does.  I've never come across that one uhtil now - I must have just been getting lucky on the sizes I was arbritarily choosing :(

Doesn't help Embryodead though - he said his map is 32x32, so there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to paint it all.

#43 VicTabac

VicTabac

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 11:50 AM

I dont find any reference so maybe that means this is a real easy one. Simple really, Ive got a 2 story house, need to add a flight of stairs. Ive found the stairs in the Constructor tab, but Im drawing a wild blank on how to get that middle landing that connects the two flights.

This is one of those I know is right in front of my face.

Cheers
vt

#44 Cpt. Barbossa

Cpt. Barbossa

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 11:26 AM

There is an extra layer for "semi" floors that you need. It's used the same way as the floor layer, so really no big deal. Using that should make your stairs work and look quite fine  :(
Hope that helps you!

#45 Unsterblich

Unsterblich

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:41 PM

I can add floor texture layers and walls... but I don't know why I can't add roofs and floors (message: "Only wall can be selected").

Any ideia what am I doint wrong?

I'll continue to bash my head into it, but it really feels like a blind man walking in unknown territory... without a stick.

Edit: Also, I can't see the trees.. I just moved the objetcs to the screen but they don't appear. Only their green rectangles and squares.

#46 vs322

vs322

modder

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 01:42 PM

The problem of not seeing objects is probably because you have your object an a floor above what you are looking at. If you press the plus on the numeric keypad while the main editor is active you can see the next floor up, which maybe where your object is.

The roofs are under solids and you place them just like walls and floors. Is it that you don't have the layers active that you can't ad floors? (you press the piece of paper looking button in the layer window and it brings up a list of all the possible layers).

I am confused that you can add "floor texture" but not "floors"- what are you trying to do? add building spots (textures) of just add floors. It sounds like you are trying to add a floor while in the wall layer- you need to have a layer for both.
-vs

#47 Qaz

Qaz

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:54 AM

vs322, on May 27 2005, 08:42 PM, said:

The roofs are under solids and you place them just like walls and floors. Is it that you don’t have the layers active that you can’t ad floors? (you press the piece of paper looking button in the layer window and it brings up a list of all the possible layers).
Not necessarily. You can add roofs in floors layer too. Sometimes it is useful.

#48 vs322

vs322

modder

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:56 PM

Qaz; Yes its true that you can put a roof into the floor layer, one disadvantage to this is that you can not turn the visibility for just the roof off, If you need to do work on the same floor, but lower than the roof. Where if you use 'solids' and 'intermediate solids' you can control the visibility. You can link the layers as well if you need to.

But I would like to know the advantages to having the roofs being on the floor layer?, what are they?

#49 KoMik

KoMik

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:56 PM

Sometimes it is useful to put roof-solids to to wall-layer:
-Linking intermediate solids-layer and solids-layer is necessary if want to get rid of those blinking overlapping textures
-Linking make both layers as one (solid-pieces uses specific places and wipe all overlapping)
-If you don't want to wipe overlapping (complex roofs) then place some roof-pieces to wall-layer
-Linking both solids-layers and floors-layer is necessary if you don't want the roof-edges inside house (try it... you will see)
So my advice is don't place solids to floors-layer because you will need it to link solids-layers but wall-layer you don't have to link.

Btw floors can be placed also by holding ctrl and clicking map (with yellow-lined box-pointer).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users