Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:14 PM

choose file -> new -> OLE DB connection
then choose -> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL server
In the same window in DataLinkProperties:
1. in connection, under servername type or copy the name of the SQL server running on your taskbar (double click the icon and you'll see the server name - mine is XP1900 .. something)
2. choose: use integrated NT-security (mine is in dutch so sorry if it's not identical)
3. under three you should now get the dropdown menu of all databases
you should use the one named A5GAMEMOD_(your mod)

This works under XP, I pieced it together from other posts when i faced the same problem, thanks to those guys  :wink:
PS: i'm waiting for the 1.2 patch (see other threads) before changing these values, because now they get all screwed up

#22 Oddball_E8

Oddball_E8

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 05:08 PM

thanx alot for that kudos... it works now...
only problem is... how do i save?
do i have to use the console and stuff?
It´s a motherbeutiful bridge...
and its gonna be there!

#23 kudos

kudos

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 07:56 PM

in dataGuy: just hover your mouse pointer over the left (grey) edge of any of the tables and you'll see: ... push to save

after you made the changes in the database, re-enter the editor and "build" the mod again,
the changes you made in the database will now be in your mod.
(there may be a faster way to do this, i'm not sure)

hope this helps  :wink: [/img]

#24 Matt Helm

Matt Helm

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 01:32 AM

When I try to run DataImport.exe I get an error.  It fails to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found.  Any idea how to fix this?

#25 Biggles

Biggles

Lieutenant

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 03:08 AM

I have never needed to run these outside of the Editor.

I do know this has been brought up by other peopl ethough, so have a good look about.Both here & at the Nival forums, I am sure an answer is out there.

#26 Conte

Conte

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 10:38 AM

Can i create a total new weapon? I mean can my modified weapon be a new one named e.g. Sea Devil Mk.II that doesn't replace the old SD?

#27 LoTekK

LoTekK

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 06:01 PM

Yes, you can indeed create new weapons. However, until I get more time to experiment, I won't be able to get back to you on the procedure.

#28 kermix

kermix

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 06:28 PM

I made ODBC connect to the S2 database by typing "localhost" in the Server box ("Which SQL server do you want to connect to?").  In internet jargon, "localhost" is the alias for your computer's local IP address.

I think I have to find my Office CD to install components for Access, though.  I've never had to use it with ODBC before, so I usually uncheck a lot of stuff when I install it.

#29 fgbrooks

fgbrooks

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:38 AM

Hi Darth,

I'm a newbie, just got the game and would like to edit weapon's stats.  Followed your instuctions regarding the ODBC through the control panel.  When I get to the "Create a new Data Source for SQL Server", I go to the 'Change the Default Database to:' box, check it, but the roll-down only consists of the following choices: master, model, msdb, tempdb.  There is no A5GAMEMOD or A5GAME listed. Only the four choices noted above.  Any suggestions??

Thanks,

fgbrooks

#30 Deadweight

Deadweight

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 08:02 PM

Alright, I'm digging around in the game's database looking for the AP modifiers for moving while in Panzerkleins but I'm having zero luck...can anyone point me in the right direction?

#31 La_Nague

La_Nague

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 06:48 PM

This is just easy:

under dbo/tables/panzerkleins there is a column "AddMoveAP", if u cant see it, use the scrollbar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users