It is just impossible

Game become very hard now. I was playing S2 on impossible everytime and it was just difficult as i wanted but Sentinels are impossible! I am scared to set easier level because here will be less missions then (at least in S@ was like that).

First, silenced weapons (and pistols generally) become useless because of low damage. But at least knifes are great now.

Second, solding captured equipment gives money for only medical services. How can i make team when i got housand buks from mission and weak soldiers costs $10000-$5000???

And thing that is totally insane is that mission where you have to rescue UN from explosion. How can team with 2 ppl kill 5 heavily equiped elites in body armour and at same time neutralize 4 bombs and all of that in few turns??? How can that be possible? These guys die only from 3-4 frag grenades!

If someone tell what i do wrong i would be very appreciate.

Well, it sounds like you are playing the full version. So, lucky you!

But I don't think it is as bad as you say, and you are wrong about getting less missions on easier difficulty levels.

The missions are almost random, so every campaign will have a different number of missions. If your easy campaign had less, that is just luck, not design.

So try making a custom difficulty level that is a bit easier, and remeber to grab as much expensive equipment to sell as you can from the dead soldiers.

In the demo I was able to make over 10,000 from the second mission!

Also, use the cheaper mercs, and have more of them! Take a squad of 4 or 5 at least.

And thing that is totally insane is that mission where you have to rescue UN from explosion. How can team with 2 ppl kill 5 heavily equiped elites in body armour and at same time neutralize 4 bombs and all of that in few turns??? How can that be possible?

There are stunning air gun and pistol in the wooden chest in small corridor right to the entrance.

Pistol damage is pretty low now, but AP cost is lower too, for example there is a Colt Detective Special with D: 7-17 and AP cost of 4 (four) per unaimed shot, so a scout with high AP can shoot out 6 bullets, reload and shoot another 2 or 3 times, so if you're shooting at the head, that's more than enough to kill one person (or 2, if lucky).

About the pk's - they are not too tough at all, but can dish out a lot of troubles for you, if you aren't quick. Good thing is that there aren't too many of them - last mission has 4 standard PK's and 3 PK bosses, so it's possible to finish the game without using PK's(of course, if you buy E-gun or hire 1-2 "bazookers")

About the money - economical side is pretty messed up. Nagant 1910 costs 200$ and Colt M1911 is about 4000$! I don't think in 1947 could be _such_ a difference. Another strange thing is that PK's HMGs cost less than many good rifles.

Looking overall, S3 is a good game, though not without faults as PK themselves and _useless_ body armour.

Mmmm that sounds pretty good, I always feel like playing S2 but when I think about the PKs I hold off. I have 2 games going at once right now, Im playing thru the Axis campaign and Im solo Scouting, both games are just sitting there unplayed for the last month or so b/c both have gotten to the point where PKs are everywhere...

• 2 weeks later...
But I don't think it is as bad as you say, and you are wrong about getting less missions on easier difficulty levels.

Such it was with Silent Storm.

Also, use the cheaper mercs, and have more of them! Take a squad of 4 or 5 at least.

Finally i did near that. I had good engenier and 2 soldirs that are capable to only carry weights. So they hiding during mission. Later i hired good sniper and best scout at end.

But now if feels like that game becomes more easy while you go to end. Hardest missions are at middle and final missions are easier than at beginning.

There are stunning air gun and pistol in the wooden chest in small corridor right to the entrance.

Did not used it because in Silent Storm it was useless, actually dont know if situation changed.

I did it by was that i classify like cheating. I trowed grenades before entering door into place where nearest soldier sits and also destroyed structures that distrubs field of view, then i went as close to door as possible and shot other soldiers. Last two things were trow 2 grenades and make burst fire to kill first soldier and next 2 turns main character killing last enemy (it was veeery hard) while engenier silently disarmes one only bomb.

Pistol damage is pretty low now, but AP cost is lower too, for example there is a Colt Detective Special with D: 7-17 and AP cost of 4 (four) per unaimed shot, so a scout with high AP can shoot out 6 bullets, reload and shoot another 2 or 3 times, so if you're shooting at the head, that's more than enough to kill one person (or 2, if lucky).

Actually i tried to use pistols with my main char who was scout like i did it in Silent Storm. But that was completely uneffective. You cannot kill enemy with pistol quickly even if shot in head. If you did not kill enemy on near distance while ap ends then you are dead. Silenced weapons are too bad now, they make very low damage and enemy become to worry when you hit them so they become to see your scouts that leads to death. Best weapons for scouts now are knifes and throw weapons: fast death and safety.

About the pk's - they are not too tough at all, but can dish out a lot of troubles for you, if you aren't quick.

Actually they are. They throw grenades often especially when they not see but hear their enemies. That is why it is hard to get close enough to use bazookas or heavy grenades. For me it was best to use mines and best sniper riffles (SVT-40) against them.

Good thing is that there aren't too many of them - last mission has 4 standard PK's and 3 PK bosses,

I saw that there was maaany of them :) I got 4 or 5 missions where i had to fight 1 to 7 pk`s in each mission.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Game much harder now.

Dont use standard easy, medium, hard: use custom difficulty!

And enable "allways save". Because it is harder.

Much harder...

And i quote:

<<Whups her i die again! Reload (again).>>

Merde!!

If its too hard, just get some fresh air and take it up again later.

Me neither! (obviously) I had maybe $2000?

Where is Biggles?

Biggles! Come back and share your secrets!

Sry I have no answer to the 2000 buck question and the first few missions take

a while as your alone,the 2nd was a 2hour plus affair.

Dude how did you approach the UN bomb mission? I played many hours last night

and 3 today but cant even work out how my engineer disarms the pesky things

(not a problem really as he dies soooo fast lol)

Squad is good enough to kill 3 of the bad guys quickish but I am such a dumb muppet

that the disarm thing is driving me crazy......Gonna go get me a cat,and a beer :D

Gonna go try one more time while I wait for your valuble assistance.

Is there going to be a new patch?

I'm going to just reload back in the base and take on some other missions in the meantime, build up my strength a bit, and THEN try the UN mission. I've only got 4 soldiers going in, and we're all pretty banged up from previous missions... Maybe I'll go out and kill some dudes in the random encounters..

Is there going to be a new patch?

I'm going to just reload back in the base and take on some other missions in the meantime, build up my strength a bit, and THEN try the UN mission. I've only got 4 soldiers going in, and we're all pretty banged up from previous missions... Maybe I'll go out and kill some dudes in the random encounters..

Munky dude I have advices for UN mission.Buy cheap engineer and expensive

scout as enemys here have a great hide skill.Definatly do lots of random encouters

to get lvls and money.One entrance to the bomb lvl is mined and you can only set them

off by walking on them as your engineer cant get close enough to the first mine.Its really

important you keep your engineer back because if you spot them you cant then gat past

them and you need to split your team so you can attack from both sides.Its really important you find the dart rifle and pistol.Hopefully when you enter the bomb room

(from both sides) you can kill 3 of the 4 armoured dudes and only have to deactivate

one bomb.

Hope this helps it took me days playing on and off but was worth it as missions after

are very good.This is not really a spoiler as this mission is insanely hard in a game that

is already a challange,good luck dude let me know how you get on.

Yeah, man, that was a pretty kick-butt post! I'm going to probably restart before I try that dang mission again...

Did you guys get the UN mission after interrogating the prisoner at the end of the "Silence the Sneak" mission (with the big valley, ruined houses, and bombed out truck)? 'Cause if you got it on another mission, it means that mission is supposed to be your third or fourth mission no matter what order you take the earlier ones in, and that makes it even harder!