Help on Allies mission with Dr. Compton

gahan

This one is an Allies mission from the early part of the game. It's a kind of a puzzler.

The only objective was to meet Dr. Philip Compton. Not finding him anywhere, I set out to kill all the germans first. Having dealt with the last one, I get an interrupt and a cutscene where my main character meets Dr. Compton. So the sub-objective "Meet Dr. Philip Compton" is marked as passed, but when I look at my objectives again, there are two more: "Neutralize the person carrying the body" ,marked as passed, and "Pick up the body" marked as failed. What does this mean? Are we talking about Compton's body and why did the game automatically fail my third sub-objective?

Thanks for reading. Hope I get some help.

Not a big deal. I've play the mission both ways. Sometimes if you go down to the basement immidiately after the attack begins you will find a german soldier with the doc. unconscience over his shoulder. You shoot the german soldier and recover the doctors body. The clues given at the end of the mission are the same regardless of which ending you get. Something you might want to try if you decide to replay the mission is to run to the barracks building and use the radio. It will summon Brittish reinforcments.

The way I understand it is that once you see Compton in the hands of the Renegades, the mission objective becomes to take him and get him out of there. If you clear the area of enemies first, you're actually doing one better than that and fulfil the same mission objective, but under a different name. Failing to pick up his body during combat is of no negative consequence as far as I can see. You get the clues just the same way as well.

thanks a lot guys, this put my mind at rest! i did get british reinforcements, guess one of the allies was scripted to use the radio. sadly, though, half of them were blown up by mines! :twisted: what was funny was that the officer went on to call them little girls for finding mines to step on!!! :) thanks again!

• 10 years later...

Ok, here's the deal with this mission:

It doesn't matter if you carry the unconscious Compton to the edge of the map and dust off, or if you ignore him completely and just kill all the enemies - you will get the same result. In the latter case, even if you have him at the edge of the map and kill all the enemies, he magically awakens to talk to you and divulge the necessary information anyway. So don't worry about him.

It's very, very difficult to perform a "surgical strike" on this mission as Compton is being carried by an enemy in the basement of the main building. You are going to have to fight your way down there, kill the enemy, pick up the body & run it outside to the edge of the map all without tripping the enemy reinforcement trigger. Even getting Compton out of the building can be difficult because if you destroy the steps with errant shots or trigger the mine by the door, it could mean he'll be trapped downstairs. I got lucky and was able to sneak him out of there but it took forever. wink.png

Yes, you can disarm the 3 mines in the dirt roadway to prevent the allies reinforcement team from setting them off, but you'll need a teammate with 44 spot (or thereabouts) to uncover them. Disarming them isn't hard, a L5-L6 engineer should be able to pull it off. In order to trigger the reinforcement team, you'll need to get to the smaller building with 2 rooms, activate the radio and exit the building. If you can book it over there (there will be very little enemy resistance), you can probably get the allies to spawn before the enemies, and let them duke it out. Whatever is left standing, your team can clean it up. smile.png

- Zombie

I'll try to remember. SS is one of the games I own and have never played, but is on a must-play list. I think I am slowly getting over Nuclear Throne and have finally played another mission in XCOM EW, that game needs to be finished, too. Then I'm off to new frontiers.