UFO Music

mc3712

• 3 months later...

I'm gonna record the original UFO 1.0 sounds into mp3 format..... IMO, these are the BEST and coolest music/sounds.

However I see no way to doing this except playing UFO 1.0 on one machine, and connecting an audio cable to another computer and re-recording it from analog.

• 1 year later...

Check the post dates, this thread is very old. Most of those members aren't around anymore (with the possible exception of Carlos, who pops in from time to time).

But nevertheless... :(

The Collectors Edition of UFO contains the music in midi format. Check out the 'sounds' folder, and there it is. (The two geoscape tunes play for about 8 minutes each, just out of interest).

If you don't have that, you can grab the same tunes in MP3 format from the mods section of UFOAftermath.co.uk. Scroll down the list of downloads, it's easy enough to spot. Be warned, the MP3 versions are a LOT bigger then the MID file versions. :P

Hrm. They didn't make soundtracks much in the old days. So no, I don't think there is one...

Check out the front page news of this site, by the way. A remix of the geoscape tune is sitting not too far down the page.

Ultima 7 had a "soundtrack out now" thing in it's credits. The 'sequal', Ultima 7: The Serpent Isle has a note in it's own credits, explaining that the soundtrack wasn't really out, and would people stop asking them for it... :P

The closest thing to an official soundtrack is the PSX version of UFO, which has its sound tracks stored as CD audio - which can be played on any old cd player of your choosing! Hurrah!

The only thing missing from it is the intro (the intercept sequence is the closest you'll ever get to it), it splits the two geoscape sequences into their individual halves (meaning 4 Geoscape tracks) and it features a second battlescape theme.

- NKF