Diffrent System. Diffrent Game?

Psy Guy

I am a proud owner of UFO: ENEMY UNKNOWN (on the Amiga). The amiga version is great but there seems to be a lot of stuff left out and many bugs. I was wondering if the some of the (missing or bugged) stuff is in the PC version. Here are a few examples.

NO NIGHT

NO E-115 in alien bases

NO Zombies! (in a non AGA version zombies make 2 Chryssalids)

Paniced units sometimes have 100+ TU (more than they can have)

See aliens in "hidden areas" when CIVs move

Unkillable units (ex. One sectopod took 12 Heavy Plasma and 2 blasters to take down)

Able to see outline of unit in "dark area"

Unloadable live Chryssalids. (ammo is a large rocket)

Unremoveable way points (geoscape)

That is enough examples for now.

-The Psy Guy- :confused:

Not sure about panicked units, but units that go beserk get to briefly use 255 time units.

Some alien bases don't get elerium if a particular base module is not created. It's the 20x20 map module with a long corridor and four rooms on the next floor, usually with one room filled with alien power sources. Elerium is always generated underneath one of these. See that purple object at the base of a alien power source? That's it. An alien with a blaster launcher quite frequently starts in this area too.

I'm not sure why some aliens have ammunition in them when they're killed, but they do. A diet high in iron perhaps? :confused:

By the way, did you try to unload the chryssalid with both hands empty?

As for being able to see aliens in darkned areas and seeing their silhouettes, yes that can happen.

- NKF

The Amiga AGA version does let you rename stuff. But like Psy Guy says there is no "night" in the tactical combat. Plenty of E-115 - from bases and large ships, supply ships are always a good fuel source, if you standoff and track them until they land. The civs turn into crysalids on the higher levels, after they have been down for a couple of turns. Sectopods are more vunerable to explosions and lasers than plasma.

Cheers Doug. :confused:

One last oddity. Has anyone seen the crack shot floaters? Normally floaters are weak and very bad shots but every once in a while there is a batch of super marksmen. They become better shots than superhuman ethereals. This is not just bad luck (even on beginner this happens). On the subject of floaters THEY CAN'T THROW MORE THAN TWO FEET!!!! (something that there lacking :D )

-PSY GUY- :confused:

also if i could remember if you saved the game then loaded it back up your soldiers some times change different skin colour and hair sometimes your men become women lol.

yeh i know there was no night missions in amegia version as thats the first thing i noticed when i got the PC one.

also terror missions were easyer as some times the level use to have no buildings on it . it was like plain grassland with just some road. i liked that alot :confused:.

I know one thing for sure... The music is waaayyyy better on the amiga than on the pc using that midi... uhm... stuff...

That's because when the game was created, the amiga was far superioir to the pc... regarding sound anyway...

- Worm

PS. you don't happen to have the XCom music rippid from the amiga version? I managed to retrieve about 4 .mod, but that's all...