66 replies to this topic

#61 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

The Smily Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 03:02 AM

Me friend showed me the game once. He had no idea what he'd started.
BB's X-Com Projects Page - X-Com Games At GamersGate
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
We love Tammy! :)

#62 The Sultan

The Sultan

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 06:33 AM

i kept on seeing the adds in my pc gamer and pc attack (poms may remeber that ace magazines) and was hooked just on the adds (hypothermia can kill you in 15 minutes, if your lucky)   But then in about 96 or 97 went on a  holdiday to Bali (Australia is cool we live near lots of south east asian countries, where there seems to be quite a lot of vidio piracy) and bought a dodgy cd with about 60 games on it and one was UFO enemy unknown, hte  rest is history. man i think i played that game all through year 6 and 7 before getting bored of it.

#63 XCom42

XCom42

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:04 PM

I can't remember when it came out exactly, but it must have been '92 or '93.  I just graduated from undergrad and I was living with five guys in an apartment.  We made up a squad with all of our real names, and each took turns running missions.  

Once we had enough $$ to build other bases we each made our own base and managed squads at each site.  It was pretty fun.

I bought TFTD the day it came out...AND I STILL HAVEN"T FINISHED IT!!!  But I plan to soon, since I recently found my copy.

Interceptor didn't really impress me, and the premise behind Apocalypse didn't still any nostalgia, so I haven't played any of the X-Com incarnations since TFTD.  Plus, law school and real life kinda got in the way...

#64 TabulaRasa

TabulaRasa

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:54 AM

I first found out about x-com when i was about 7 or 8. I bought a game called 'Return of the Phantom'. I looked at the list of demos included with the game, and there was UFO, and TFTD demos (except TFTD was called X-COM 2000 or something like that)

Then one day in zellers a year or two later, i saw TFTD and bought it for $5.00.

Then, last year, i found out about Apoc, and wanted it badly... I ordered the game alone off the internet. When it arrived, it was in German. I was really mad, so i returned the game, and sent an e-mail, and a month or two later, the X-COM collectors edition came in the mail :power: . And from there, i got UFO. Complicated story huh :eh: ?

#65 BlakSpek

BlakSpek

The Dark side of the Spectre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 06:04 AM

In Feb 1995 I've got my first computer at the college abd with it I've got a free game and it was UFO-Defense.  I play never to play it since that...

I've got everything that's write X-COM on it since that's time.  

That's make me feel bad when Hasbro canned all the next promising evolution X-COM game  :eh:

I pray all god every day for Atari/Hasbro/Infogrames who ever, to release Alliance or Genesis.

Just dreaming about that for now... :power:
N.B. : Don't try to pet a Chrysalid, only the Snakemans can do it without fatal injurys...

Black Spectral

#66 Jormugand

Jormugand

The Omniscient One

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 01:04 PM

In July 2000, I got a PC Gamer disc- Classic Games Collection. UFO happened to be on it. Later, I managed to get TFTD and just recently, I got Apoc. They're fun games, but I have trouble not being overwhelmed.

#67 ignore my tentacles

ignore my tentacles

Soon Earthlings, Soon...

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 05:49 PM

I played a demo of a terror mission not long after the game was first released. It was the same feeling as when I played Dune II or Doom for the frist time- I hadn't seen anthing like it- My older Brother (by six years), Older sister (5yrs) and myself were hooked- we played the demo over and over until we clubbed together and bought the full game- I haven't looked back since...which would explain my driving.

I still smile now when some games review for a more up-to-date title obsesses about 'fully deformable terrain' as some programming advance! There's something really satisfying about blaster bombing an Ethereal while it's lurking aroung a shop, leaving nothing but smokin' tomatoes.

i-m-t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users