BladeFireLight

Xcomutil Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 09:16 PM

personaly I would like a flame thrower tank
:)

Flame Broiled snake man anyone?  tastes like chicken!

-Blade FireLight
Combat is very simple, there is a first place and second place, second place is laying face down in the mud, sometimes, so is first place.

#22 Mouse Nightshirt

Mouse Nightshirt

Stressed out Junior Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 09:42 PM

How about the "Super-Duper-X3000B-Nuke-Em-All-Tank", or the SDX3BNEAT for short. Activate it, and it blows up the solar system, instantly dealing with the Alien threat!
I suffer from Arachibutyrophobia, fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.

Mouse_Nightshirt - asphixiated in the name of science!

CMDR Richter Weindhoven
Commanding Officer - Alpha Team
Status -- Deceased
Reason -- Old age (Cheers DH!)

#23 darkvenom

darkvenom

Hell Bent Gurner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 02:33 AM

What about My 'OK Launcher', its a built in fusion ball launcher for the hovertank range that shoots an auto-fire shot of 200 fusion rounds a second entirely obliterating the landscape making the map levelled!!

OR maybe my 'OK Rocket Pod' that has a max of 99 rounds a pod, which fires swarms of fusion rounds obliterating Battleships in seconds!!!

(OK - Over Kill)

:)

WARNING - Hazardous for the environment!
"wE sHaLL eAt uR bRaInz!"
- VeNoM

#24 JellyfishGreen

JellyfishGreen

Tentacle Pentacle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 10:36 AM

:) I love my OverKill Launcher ™ but I keep running out of Elerium.

I also seem to get negative scores on Terror missions even when my tank survives.

Any ideas?
The deadly Lobsterman threat was finally countered by melee combat with power tools. -ufopaedia.org

#25 NKF

NKF

Mr. Badger in disguise

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 07:55 PM

Don't worry too much about the negative scores for terror missions, your soldiers still get to earn a bit of experience. It's better than having a huge negative score and losing a few soldiers. You can still make up for it in the next assault mission.

Or you could fire a stun bomb at or mind control every civilian you see, nullifying their bonus/penalty for either side. This way it won't matter who kills the civilian.

I'd like a tank with a 150 damage heavy laser that only does auto-fire, which in turn only does 5% accuracy (the gun itself, then multiplied by the tank's own inefficient 'accuracy' score). Now that'd be fun. Horribly inefficient, but fun.

- NKF
NKF, narrow minded fuddy duddy who refuses to let go of the past and will not accept anything newer than 1979.

#26 Spaceman42

Spaceman42

Chief Editor, X-COM Field Manual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 02:57 AM

[Psst - I think JFG's comments were a humor statement about the Fusion Overkill tank, and not serious...]

#27 NKF

NKF

Mr. Badger in disguise

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 07:59 AM

Indeed, but I'd think the OK Fusion tank would be the only thing left standing anyway. :)

Still, funny or no, it's valid enough. Some players tend to get negative scores even though their soldiers and tanks did a capital performance. It's them darned single-gender-mono-people I tell you!  

- NKF
NKF, narrow minded fuddy duddy who refuses to let go of the past and will not accept anything newer than 1979.

#28 Mouse Nightshirt

Mouse Nightshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 02:54 PM

They must be Assexual; that's how they repopulate the city again.

Sometimes, they entire population of a city gets a gender change as well! It's really freaky!
I suffer from Arachibutyrophobia, fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.

CMDR Richter Weindhoven
Status -- Deceased

#29 JellyfishGreen

JellyfishGreen

Tentacle Pentacle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 11:53 AM

It's the aliens! Using the sinister saucer-mounted Gender Amalgamation Ray to deform helpless civilians!

Using the Overkill Fusion Tank™ would actually be seen as an act of mercy!
The deadly Lobsterman threat was finally countered by melee combat with power tools. -ufopaedia.org

#30 ignore my tentacles

ignore my tentacles

Soon Earthlings, Soon...

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 02:18 PM

I found tanks useful in the early stages of the game, not just to supplement base defences during alien sneak attacks whilst the bulk of your guys are out playing with their friends, but mainly as sacrificial lamb when leaving your chosen landing craft during a mission. Surely you've all been there- when your first man out is gunned down by some gloating alien on reaction fire, not so bad when you've got some decent armour maybe but nasty in the earlier stages. Experienced soldiers are worth their weight in, uh, Elerium, so losing a tank is no great loss except financially, but since you should be raking in the moolah from booty it's no big deal. If you can't afford tanks, then buy a couple of Rookie's! Brutal.

#31 Mouse Nightshirt

Mouse Nightshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 08:47 PM

Fusion and Plasma Hovertanks cost an arm, and even a leg, and sometimes even a hover unit, plus they cost elerium. Plus I don't want to waste 4 troops spaces with a Laser/Cannon/Rocket tank either, which is somehow slower than my top soldiers.

CMDR Richter Weindhoven
Status -- Deceased

#32 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 01:07 AM

Scout with lots of armor and a big huge gun.  :devil:
"Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face."
-- Krusty the Clown, "The Simpsons"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users