"WWWWEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWEEEEOOOOO"
"From now on, you shall refer to me by de name... Betty."
"Swingin de chain... swingin de chain..."
"As soon as you ladies are done kissing, I've got somee ASS-KICKIGN FOR YOU"
"Rub it in my hair, Chosen One."
"Ye, a tiny net is a deathsentence.  It's a net, and it's tiny."

:confused:
:D
All the other times the aliens use their psychic powers to cut me into bite-sized pieces. The best is when the person you trust most turns around and shoots your Commander from 150 feet away inside smoke in the back of the head with his eyes closed. - Snikers

#62 Psy Guy

Psy Guy

PSY MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 02:28 AM

Still what about the power armored ops? If you really want a female x-com op with dark hair you could try to edit the hair color with an editor (i guess you could do that).
To Asmodai: What the Hell?

-PSY GUY-  :confused:
(the one with the power armor and a smoking psi amp)
News Today: Grav Ball League accepts the nomination for the "Vacuous Ally" award given by the X-Com Board of Public Relations. Experts predict that the two time Vacuous Ally winner Lifetree will win the award for the 3rd time following its $200,000 joint endeavor with General Metro to increase Blazer Turbo Bike production.

#63 Tammy

Tammy

Her Imperial Majesty

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 04:18 AM

I don't think hair color's been a high priority for game editors.   :confused:
Queen and huntress, chaste and fair,
Now the sun is laid to sleep,
Seated in thy silver chair,
State in wonted manner keep:
Hesperus entreats thy light,
Goddess excellently bright.

#64 Asmodai

Asmodai

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 04:29 AM

Actually, a lot of thought goes into hair color!  This one time, I was HEY LOOK A COOKIE...
All the other times the aliens use their psychic powers to cut me into bite-sized pieces. The best is when the person you trust most turns around and shoots your Commander from 150 feet away inside smoke in the back of the head with his eyes closed. - Snikers

#65 Alan

Alan

The Voice Of Reason & DB Repair Fairy

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 08:28 PM

I RULE I RULE I RULE WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

if you try to usurp you queen again i may have to smite you with the evil teapot song  :hmmm:  :confused:

anyway... im pretty sure i've seen dark haired female x-com agents in ufo... certainly in the collectors edition.... aah... twigs. you mean in the actual tactical mode... just give em all power armour and no one will tell the difference.
A Target_Tinboy production

#66 Asmodai

Asmodai

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 01:31 AM

:confused:  - "I rock... and roll... all night long...sweet Suzie"
:sly:  - "Who do you rule? Tha large, dark-nippled people?"

#67 Tammy

Tammy

Her Imperial Majesty

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 04:18 AM

Where to begin?   :hmmm:

Off-topic      
Nonsensical  
Deliberately antagonizing the queen  
Generally annoying post    

I think that about covers it.  I hear a teapot song.....

#68 Asmodai

Asmodai

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 04:30 AM

I can't beleive none of you have seen the movie I'm talking ab00t!  Do you guys live your lives on this?  Lately that's what I been doing, and STILL I've managed to see one of the greatest movies ever.  I won't tell any of you what it is, you'll just have to figure it out for urselves.

Plus I understand that ur jealous cause ur not blonde like me, but not everybody is perfect like me! :confused:

LMFAO I just noticed that that dude with the glasses looks more like a Japanese Sectoid more than a dude with glasses, lol.

#69 NKF

NKF

Mr. Badger in disguise

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 07:51 AM

There is more to life than vague references from movies.

Good books for one thing, oh and cheese toasties. Yes, that was a vague AGX reference/in-joke. So sue me. :confused:

Methinks the thread is starting to lose its usefulness.

- NKF
NKF, narrow minded fuddy duddy who refuses to let go of the past and will not accept anything newer than 1979.

#70 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

The Smily Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 09:15 AM

Ssssh! Alan'll hear you and shut down another interesting topic!  :dontgetit:

Tammy, don't suppose we could see any screenshots of your heroes? :confused:

Apocalypse has worse paper dolls for troopers: they are all the same!  :hmmm:
BB's X-Com Projects Page - X-Com Games At GamersGate
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
We love Tammy! :)

#71 Asmodai

Asmodai

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 02:17 PM

Life is ALL ab00t quoting movies!

Yea Apoc is seriously terible for that.  They have like 50 different faces, but all the same body designs!  It's so messed up cause they all look like Cheech Marin! :bomber:

#72 Tammy

Tammy

Her Imperial Majesty

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 02:38 PM

Yeah, Asmodai, that's it.  I'm jealous because I'm not blond.  I'll bet if I were blond, people would pay attention to me and tell me I'm beautiful--oh wait, they already do that!   :confused:

Anyway, this topic is about naming soldiers, so we should really get back to that.  Sorry, BB, but I don't have any screen shots, and the game is being kind of touchy, so I'm afraid to mess with it.  It took forever just to get it to play!  Besides, all the women look alike, anyway.

#73 JellyfishGreen

JellyfishGreen

Tentacle Pentacle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 03:13 PM

Back on topic: I lost Kurt Russell to a sniper, but added Sigourney Weaver, and Fox Mulder fights on. I caught myself talking to the game thanks to him.

Mulder had been ordered to run through some forest and full-plasma a floater, which he did with alacrity. As bits of sizzling purple alien flew everywhere, I grimly laughed, "Bet you believe *now* eh, Mulder?"

JG :confused:
The deadly Lobsterman threat was finally countered by melee combat with power tools. -ufopaedia.org

#74 Asmodai

Asmodai

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 06:54 PM

I ended up naming a guy Jerry Springer... I dunno why, but i saw an add for the show while I was trying to think of a name.  I guess my impressionable mind is too weak to stand up to capitalist advertisement brainwashings...

#75 Crazy Photon

Crazy Photon

Lobstermen for breakfast!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 06:58 PM

Kurt Russell

:cry: nice one :confused: I think you should also recruit Steven Seagal too :D
Resistance is NEVER futile...

#76 Solfius

Solfius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 10:08 AM

I know who steven segal is, but who is Kurt Russel?

#77 AcidBoot

AcidBoot

The refried frontal lobe of the soul.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 10:09 AM

Ha!! I have a Sigourney Weaver too!!

Living up to the Ripley character as well. She is at the top of the kill board with 31 kills on 14 missions.
About 95% of people are kidding themselves. The trouble is that almost all of that 95%, by their nature, belive that they are in the other 5%. Ironically most of the 5% are worried that they may be in the 95%.

#78 AcidBoot

AcidBoot

The refried frontal lobe of the soul.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 10:11 AM

Kurt Russel: An Actor

Big Trouble in Little China
Soldier
Breakdown
Vanilla Sky (as the shrink)

Other films too, but that covers my faves that I can remember without expending the slightest effort.
About 95% of people are kidding themselves. The trouble is that almost all of that 95%, by their nature, belive that they are in the other 5%. Ironically most of the 5% are worried that they may be in the 95%.

#79 Asmodai

Asmodai

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 02:50 PM

LOL u don't know who Kurt Russell is?  He's WAAAAY 80's hahahaha.

#80 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 06:08 PM

MY guys all have the original names... Now can someone ezplain why they are all Japanese? In England... :hmmm:
Welcome back to the wonderful world of Fan-fiction! (it's short for fantastic!)
Go check em out, UFO TFTD and Apocalypse all under one roof!!!

Also why not check out XCom : Colonisation over in the special projects forum. Won't kill you if you do, might kill you if you don't!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users