Names

Saber123

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I got UFO to run...sort of. I will have to fiddle with it a bit more to get it to run with xcomutil, and I have to click on things like five or six times to get it to work, which is really annoying....

Anyway, I named my soldiers after you guys, and it's really cool, but it's killing me when somebody gets shot. :confused: Still, I'm going to keep it up.

Tammy, don't worry about it. There's always successors that'll take on the mantle of fallen comrades (or at least really distant relatives) .

I'm pretty sure the lot of us, from what I've observed, would willingly die again and again just for you. :confused:

- NKF

Wow, I feel loved. :inlove:

Okay, I won't reload so much, but it'll be hard. I'm having to be careful to get the gender right, too. I accidentally made Ki-tat a girl! :confused:

Oh, and why are all the girls blond? No dark-haired, green-eyed beauties in the lot! I am not blond! :hmmm:

The girls are all blond cause BLONDES RULE! So here's the story... Back in the day, I called up the guys who were making X-Com and I was all "Make all the girls blonde cause I'm blonde and I RULE" Ok so that's pretty much what happened. :confused: <----- He's blonde too!

I don't *want* the civs to look like me--they're stupid! I'm no more stupid than I am blond. I want the soldier who's blasting those aliens to look like me. Oh well, at least there are females....I'd really have a hard time naming one of the guys after me and taking it seriously. :confused:

I RULE I RULE I RULE WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

"I call him Toungey."

"WWWWEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWEEEEOOOOO"

"From now on, you shall refer to me by de name... Betty."

"Swingin de chain... swingin de chain..."

"As soon as you ladies are done kissing, I've got somee ASS-KICKIGN FOR YOU"

"Rub it in my hair, Chosen One."

"Ye, a tiny net is a deathsentence. It's a net, and it's tiny."

:confused:

:D

I RULE I RULE I RULE WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

if you try to usurp you queen again i may have to smite you with the evil teapot song :hmmm: :confused:

anyway... im pretty sure i've seen dark haired female x-com agents in ufo... certainly in the collectors edition.... aah... twigs. you mean in the actual tactical mode... just give em all power armour and no one will tell the difference.

I can't beleive none of you have seen the movie I'm talking ab00t! Do you guys live your lives on this? Lately that's what I been doing, and STILL I've managed to see one of the greatest movies ever. I won't tell any of you what it is, you'll just have to figure it out for urselves.

Plus I understand that ur jealous cause ur not blonde like me, but not everybody is perfect like me! :confused:

LMFAO I just noticed that that dude with the glasses looks more like a Japanese Sectoid more than a dude with glasses, lol.

There is more to life than vague references from movies.

Good books for one thing, oh and cheese toasties. Yes, that was a vague AGX reference/in-joke. So sue me. :confused:

Methinks the thread is starting to lose its usefulness.

- NKF

Yeah, Asmodai, that's it. I'm jealous because I'm not blond. I'll bet if I were blond, people would pay attention to me and tell me I'm beautiful--oh wait, they already do that! :confused:

Anyway, this topic is about naming soldiers, so we should really get back to that. Sorry, BB, but I don't have any screen shots, and the game is being kind of touchy, so I'm afraid to mess with it. It took forever just to get it to play! Besides, all the women look alike, anyway.

Back on topic: I lost Kurt Russell to a sniper, but added Sigourney Weaver, and Fox Mulder fights on. I caught myself talking to the game thanks to him.

Mulder had been ordered to run through some forest and full-plasma a floater, which he did with alacrity. As bits of sizzling purple alien flew everywhere, I grimly laughed, "Bet you believe *now* eh, Mulder?"

JG :confused: