How to make an enterance

Kiryu-Kai

I'm in the middle of you and Warlord. I always play out the turn without psionics right till the end so that if I see an alien I'll send the whole squad after it until I have no more men with TUs or the alien is dead. If this fails then I control it to prevent it from killing me but I don't use it.

In my UFO game, I haven't lost a soldier in over 250 missions.  That's without the use of psionics.  Those missions include terror sites, alien base attacks, and a couple of X-Com base defense missions.

There's one thing you've got to ask your selv: Do you reload?

If you haven't lost a man in 250 missions without reloading, then I will worship you like the god you are. I shall build you a huge pyramid in the jungle. :o

If you reloaded to aid you in this "feat", then I f*rt in your general d.... strike that, I'll just yawn. :confused:

Cazbol :angel:

• 2 weeks later...

I pile in 3-8 guys per doorway all at once and gun down anything that I don't like the look of. I seldom use grenades in UFOs, as I want the slavage (otherwise I'd shoot them down over the water :hmmm: ).

Against battleships I sometimes frap open a wall with a blaster launcher, then follow up with another to nuke the bridge. No more alien blaster launcher!! This works quite well combined with a motion sensor, as often the second bomb is not needed.

To enter alien ships..... Hmm been so long sence I've been inside of one. I guess i use the knock knock tactic but i don't enter the ship. I let an enemy alien see a rookie which gets the other aliens leave the ship. Then i kill the aliens as they leave the ship. Then again i sometimes strap the C-4 on to a rookie and let the dude commando raid it. I dunno entering alien ships is too risky because is very easy to be killed. If x-com had "flash bangs" then entering ships would be a lot easier. Rockets to the diagnal side seem to kill the aliens inside of the ship so entry isn't needed...... AHH!!! ILL SAY ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!

-PSY GUY- :hmmm:

Power Armor is in for repairs.

Other

Send in heavily armored soldiers with laser rifles through the front door, or possibly through busted hull due to crash landings etc. I very seldom destroy any part of the UFO, unless it's vital for the survival of my troops.

It's pretty reliable, fairly fast, and requires little strategy, thus I can take on most missions without problems (let's face it, you don't really want to put too much thought into it when your raiding your 151st UFO). Also, it's the one that makes most sense to me from a role playing perspective, if you hope to use the aliens' technology against them, you'll want it as intact as possible. It also has the bonus of not expending equipment, apart from some grenades, etc used outside the UFO.

• 2 months later...

Try that in the mountain maps, with hi-x packs or large rockets. There, you'll actually blow away the hull. Oddly enough, you can even blow away the lower bits of the skyranger too, so uh, moderation eh?

The push-the-grenade-through-the-ceiling and fire-explosive-weapons-through-the-ceiling tricks also provide a number of interesting methods of assaulting larger ufos too.

- NKF