What happens if you stun an MC'ed civi?

Guest IonMage

Guest IonMage

Hi. I missed the replies to my previous version of the thread. It was a question on what happens if you stun a civilian after he was mc'ed and 'returned' to the enemie's side?

Again, i understand it was a bug, im just curious on how deep the bug runs.

*copy and pasted reply from the old forum *

All stunned or mind controlled civilians get their ownership flags set to 'alien'. And no, you can't save them by stunning them. What does happen is that the potential number of points that you would have gained (or lost for that matter) is reduced.

I tested stunning an 'alien' civilian just before posting.

Of 9 civilians, one died and only 7 were reported in as safe.

I guess the one 'alien' civilian just went MIA, like if one of your soldiers is under mind control when you kill the last alien.

Of course... What about civilians that are stunned but haven't woken up?

*rushes off to test this idea*

*scrambles back*

Yes, you also lose civilians that you stun on purpose. Reloaded the game, stunned two civilians and killed one 'alien' civilian. Of the 9 only 5 were saved (one was already dead to begin with). The two I stunned were MIA (technically), although I did notice my alien kill count was improved by one more point. So, you do get points from killing 'alien' civilians. Just not as much as you would have got from saving the civilian.

Well, there you go.

- NKF

P. S.: Maybe the stunned civilian weren't awake so they didn't show up for the head count? Uh, never mind.

No, stunned civilians don't get put into containment.

I don't think the game has any actual space allocated in containment to hold civilian units. A rogue civilian ufopaedia entry would be interesting. :D

I just wonder what happens to these units when the mission ends...

I mean, come on, the soldiers even let their mind controlled buddies roam free.

- NKF :confused:

Too bad we can't MC civvies and give them the sense to get out of the path of flying plasma, eh?

...or we could direct them into the line of fire.

MC'd Civilian: "Must protect Earth finest troopers."

*MC'd Civvi throws him/herself into the line of fire.*

X-Com: "Wow, that's the third civvi today that's put there body inbetween me and incoming plasma fire."

:devil: :confused:

Now testing spamming capabilities...

indeed TJ, watch out :hmmm: i might decide to test my moderating capabilities and make you sing the teapot song :devil:

If I am able to, it's best make sure whatever I say works first.

*thumbs up* its always a good idea NKF. :confused:

it does tend to add an air of credibility to things you suggest

• 3 weeks later...

Heh, let's put it this way. Anything you can psi, can pick up a gun and use it, as long as you can access its inventory (ordinary sized aliens. Not too sure about the large terror units. Can't remember how they work).

For MC'd units, you have to go through the inventory screen to get to it.

However, I really wouldn't want to constantly trade 25TUs in for an armed civilian. For one thing, civilians only have 30 accuracy and reactions, 50 throwing and 20 strength. Very brave though... 80 (?!).

Because guns use percentages of total TU's, they'd be able to fire as many shots as your soldiers, given they aren't weighed down by a heavy weapon (or they pick it up after the turn's started. Weight penalties aren't factored in there).

Hmm, I wonder if XComutil can arm civilians without changing their allegience? Would be nice if they could at least defend themselves eh?

- NKF

Heh, let's put it this way. Anything you can psi, can pick up a gun and use it, as long as you can access its inventory (ordinary sized aliens. Not too sure about the large terror units. Can't remember how they work).

For MC'd units, you have to go through the inventory screen to get to it.

However, I really wouldn't want to constantly trade 25TUs in for an armed civilian. For one thing, civilians only have 30 accuracy and reactions, 50 throwing and 20 strength. Very brave though... 80 (?!).

Because guns use percentages of total TU's, they'd be able to fire as many shots as your soldiers, given they aren't weighed down by a heavy weapon (or they pick it up after the turn's started. Weight penalties aren't factored in there).

Hmm, I wonder if XComutil can arm civilians without changing their allegience? Would be nice if they could at least defend themselves eh?

- NKF

Ok, now im just waiting to see a bug where civvies will mistakenly shoot your guys as well :D

They are technically not the same team....

Sorry if these q's have been asked b4 :confused: