Posting Spoilers - Read This!

Biggles

I know finding a balance between discussing the game and spoiling it for others can be hard.

So if you are starting a thread with info about the game plot or anything that may be a spoiler, please put !! SPOILER !! or similar in your subject.

If it comes up during a thread do the same in your post, and then put enough lines between that and the actual spoiler that it won't show up n screen. Then people can avoid if they feel they want to.

Like so...

!! SPOILER !!

and so on....

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

You should add spoiler tags. They're quite easy to add, usually. I'm not familiar with phpBB--I use vBulletin--but it shouldn't be too much different. All the BB software works more or less the same.

Just go into your admin panel and find the option to "add new BB code" or something similar to that. Add this code and assign it to [ spoiler ] [/ spoiler ] or whatever you prefer.

Here's the code I use in my board:

<span style="background-color:#1B1B1B"><font color="#272727">{param}</span></font>

It has the effect of putting a black stripe over black text hence hiding it. To view the spoiler text just click-drag your mouse over it. You'll need to change the code to adjust for your colour scheme.

• 5 years later...

Due to obvious security reasons, we do not allow members to post html code into posts. However, this version of Invision Power Board (the forum software we are using) has spoiler tag functionality. Simply add the following code around the text you want to hide.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Likewise, in the Quick Access panel to the left of a posting screen there is an Insert: SPOILER link there. Type the text you wish to hide inside the box and click OK. When you preview or submit your post, the text in the spoiler tags is placed in a black stripe like so:

This is spoiler text. As you can see, the text is completely hidden unless you select it manually.

In order to read it, select the black area (highlight it) with your mouse and the text will appear. Be warned that anything other than text (such as emoticons, code boxes, quotes, images, links and nearly everything with comcode tags) will still show up. :laugh:

- Zombie