S2 on widescreen?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

wondering if anyone else has been having these problems. playing Silent Storm on a widescreen laptop, stretching turned off.

Obviously, I want to use the largest resolution possible (in this case, 1400x1050) but the game refuses to play in any mode other than 1024x768 until I set the in-game resolution to 1600x1200, at which point it overflows the screen. What is going on? I don't see other games doing this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I looked all over and I didn't see it.

I'd be happy if it would just run in 1400x1050, and not smash itself into 1024x768 regardless of my setting.

You want to run it at 1400x1050 ?? Dude thats the wierdest resolution I've seen. And what sort of mega laptop do you have that you expect it to be able to cope with running a graphics intensive game like S2 in such a high rez?

The Nival forums are down at the moment. But I kow there are posts concerning laptop resolutions. Check both the Sentinals and Silent Storm areas, or ask Nival directly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Nival said they don't support running S2 on a laptop AT ALL. :evil:

and my laptop (Alienware P4 3.2, ATI 9600) benchmarks as well as my desktop system, better in some aspects. ^^

I'd run in 1680x1050 if the game would let me.