Big problem with graphic and sound

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

When i change Visual Quality above normal, game looks like that:

www.solar.blurp.org/temp/1.jpg

www.solar.blurp.org/temp/2.jpg

www.solar.blurp.org/temp/3.jpg

and Texture Quality is set to custom. When i try to change it, i can not or computer cracks.

Sound crackles, sometimes less, sometimes more, so i can't even understand speeches and FPS changes from 140 to 6!

When i change config.cfg manually, graphics looks OK, but in first GB mission i have FPS 5-15 with aa 2 and anizo 2!

Computer: AMD 1700@2600, 512 Mb, Hercules 9100 64 Mb, DX 9.0b, Win98SE, Cat 3.9 (and 3.6 and 3.8).

Is there a problem with graphic card, system or game itself???

This is a card specific bug.

A search of the FAq at S2HQ would reveal the answer... but to save you the trouble..

Bandures from Nival has told us that it is easily fixed: "You can avoid it by setting gfx_swvertexprocess to 0 in config.cfg by hands or by S2 Graphics Configurator"

Guest Anonymous

Thx, I've started to read FAQ, but I didn't come at the end... :(

Also, I've changed gfx_swvertexprocess, but not only gfx_swvertexprocess, so I didn't notice exactly this helped.

Not want to sound rude, but if you got some money, I would invest in a 9600 pro or xt...should run much better then.

Yea, my bike wants "soft tail" to run better too :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Bandures from Nival has told us that it is easily fixed: "You can avoid it by setting gfx_swvertexprocess to 0 in config.cfg by hands or by S2 Graphics Configurator"

Me again :(

Yesterday I've made a little mess in config. Now in game options I can (manually) obtain (? sorry for english :o ) details, texture and lightning quality high or very high, any anizo and aa, and gfx_swvertexprocess = 0 or 1 does NOT crash graphic :!: :!: :!:

Still, sound crackles more or less :? .