Chain explosion causes crash to desktop

firebead

Ok, I just got this wired problem on my third campaign. If I shoot the gas tanks (which would have caused a chain explosions) will instantly crash the game to desktop.

I said it was wierd because I don't have this problem on my first game. I actuall loaded up the previous game at the exact sam location, and exact same settings, the explosion went fine, and I am not booted to desktop.

Anyone else having the same problem. Please cast some lights here. I am stuck and can't move forward...

I had no problems at all at first either, but on the second campaign i playe dthe bug appeared.

Some people say it is caused by using mods.

It's a known bug though and is being investigated by Nival, they hope to have a solution in a patch due soon.

ya i got this problem

the only mod i have on is the save game, i havent taken it off and tried it cause i figure the save game mod has nothing to do with the gameplay

theres this one mission where the allies blow something up and i cant stop them i guess

so that mission is unplayable till the patch

they better fix this

The SaveGame mod is reported to cause this too. You don't actually need it, you can use the console to save a game, just type 'Save filename' in the console.

Also, the mods are still actually active in your saved games! What you need is to download the tool 'Addmod' and use it to remove the mods from your saved games.

That might do the trick.

Guest Anonymous

One (or two) tidbit(s) of info i just found out.

The crash seems to happen only on hard/impossible - and with save/fast anim mods.

This leads to a simple conclusion that the altered save ability causes it somehow.

The only flaw with that theory would be the fast anim mod, right?

Wrong.

For some reason when it's installed, you can also save anytime anywhere in any difficulty.

I wish the fast anim mod would be available without the save alteration, as it's quite a necessity to have.

• 3 weeks later...