Unable to detect GeForce FX 5200?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Okay I have a performance issue as well...

Running an Athlon 2400

768 Kingston RAM

SB Live! 5.1 Gamer (latest drivers)

XP Pro

with a GeForce FX 5200 128(latest drivers) on DirectX 9.0b

I simply cannot play in 32bit mode at all, even if I set everything to low in the options, it still runs at 4 FPS tops.

If I enable the console when it starts I get a message saying:

AutoDetected: Unknown Card, Radeon 3 Class Hardware

AutoDetected: Smoothness 3 Speed 1 Texture 2

Now I see the NVidia FX logo during the startup... shouldn't it know when there's an NVidia FX installed? Could the fact that I'm defaulting to some sort of Radeon settings thats making 32 bit so choppy? And if so... any way I can get it to recognize my card or maybe force it to detect the proper one?

Any help is appreciated.

(I did post this in the Nival forums as well, but no replies yet)

There are known problems with some video cards. I think the 5200 is one of them. Check the FAQ at S2HQ and also do a search for 'nvidia 5200' at the NIval forums.

There are two special options in the config.cfg that relate specifically to fixing video card bugs, use the Graphics Configurator tool and try changing them.

As for FPS ... yes there is a default key binding. can't remeber of the top of my head what it is, but look through input.cfg and you should find something bound to 'ShowFPS' if not.. just add your own, instructions at S2HQ, as usual :(

• 4 months later...
Guest Anonymous

I tried changing the config.cfg file but made no difference. I'm running win xp on P4 2.53ghz, nvidia fx5200. Gives error message "unsupported graphics card" whenever i try to start the game.

Anyone out there has the same problem or can help?

I searched the nival forum but was of not much help.