Localiztion Manager 1.0 (ALPine plugin)

Alchemist

Hello all. Long time not seen.

I have finished (at a crawling speed :( ) new AlPine plugin which allows to switch between several localizations. Something similar to old X-Com's language selection. But in this case you can start gane with one language, continue with second and finish with some other. Plugin even can switch unit voice packs if any installed.

Grab the plugin here: LocaleManager-r1.0.zip

Inside of the ZIP resides ALP file which you actally need.

Plugin is useless without locale resources.

So get them here for ENG, FRA, GER and ITA: Locale-WE-combo-v1.3.zip

Here for CZH, HUN and POL: Locale-EE-combo-v1.3.zip

And here for RUS (partially fanmade still unfinished): Locale-RU-v1.3-r0.81.zip

Warning! In some countries attempt to download or use theese resources, if you don't own the correspondinly localized game itself, could be considered copyright violation!

Note also that links are not direct. If you use some download manager, first open link in the browser with enabled scripting and only there get proper link near words "Click here to dowload...".

This dumb hosting is located somewhere in Russia and sometimes throws up 404 error.

:(

P.S. Owners of the official Russian v1.2a and any offical Spanish versions shouldn't bother donwloading this plugin. It will not work with StarForce protected localization encoded versions of the game.

You should either get somewhere one of the English, French, German, Italian, Czech, Hungarian, Polish version or use some "unoffical" patch for your game. Contact me if you'll decide to get the last. I made one. :xmas:

By the same reason Spanish localization resources are listed but not included in packages.

Alrigth then. I come here from time to time, but usually don't have something important to say. :(

Here goes vocepack guideline.

First. Extract from gamedata.vfs all files matching criteria share\sound\wavs\exclamations\*.wav.

Second. Make new blank VFS container an call it voices.vfs.

Third. Add share directory we got at step one into this VFS.

Fourth. Drop resulting 50-60Mb file into corresponding directory under plugins\locale. You can check the name needed using descript.ion file found there.

Fivth. Apply plugn. Done.

Custom fonts for specific localization could be added in the same way. VFS should be named fonts.vfs and the files inside of gamedata.vfs will be share\textures\fonts\*.tga and share\configs\fonts\*.txt.

File request. If anybody own other then english version of the game, I'd like to recieve your launcher.vfs file. Plugin itself can handle it already but I don't have other launcher localizations.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...