ComboMod 3.0

Aralez

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First off, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to all involved with the creation of the most incredible ComboMod. I had pretty much shelved this game about a year ago after playing a couple of missions and finding all the XCom spirit in Aftermath, but none of the challenge of ye olde XCom. So I went back into XCom-hibernation, and continued my impossible mode campaign on the final and most holy incarnation of the original XCom released for PS1 (if you have not had a chance to try it, you are missing out on the finest version of the game in existence - but it's damn hard to come by, and a much tougher campaign)

Anyway, enough of the drivel. After I heard about the ComboMod, I was mildly interested. Once I installed it to just take a quick look around... well, say goodbye to the days of XCom hibernation! Now THIS is a mod! Combined with the First Person Camera mod, I'm now back for the long haul, and extremely grateful to all involved.

Unfortunately, the stack walk error is real. At least with WinXP Pro and SP2, which I'm not about to back out for any game, but I guess as long as I save often enough, I should be ok? It does seem to happen at the mission load screen, as Cap'n Kyth or someone else noted earlier in this thread. I get some different info in my stack trace, and some the same:

"Application crashed: access violation reading from address 0x00000017! SymInit search path: C:\Program Files\CENEGA\UFO Aftermath SymGetSymFromAddr:487, addr:0x00602a50 StackWalk:6"

I keep an extremely clean install and all drivers up to date. nVidia GEForce graphics, SB Audigy, AMD processor, and nothing running in the background. After reading the other posts and seeing that I'm at least the third random system to experience this problem, I doubt it's a driver or hardware issue. Also being a programmer, I know stuff like this is sheer hell to debug, so I'm not complaining either :D Just adding more diagnostics to the pile of diagnostics. Let me know if there's some way I can help track this one down - things to try, suspicious aliens to terminate...

Btw, back then i made a new beta version of the Combomod 3.1, which corrected some flaws of the 3.0 version. I always updated it for a planned return of BA (which sadly didn't happen).

You can find it here: Link Beware, server might be down frequently!!!

Slaughter, Pete, maybe you can add it to the download section as well ?

i'm back and have returned...by next month i should be fully operational..

i have a few plans...and some stuff i do in my spare time..to make my own game fun....if lucky i might place a new version in the next few weeks......the new version..and if aralez still wants a bit of glory

ohh and for those who dont know why ive been away for so long..i cause ive been on a peace keeping excersise. over in indenisea..and a relocation..so its been a bit hacktick

Woah! BA is back!!! :D  :huh:  :P

Hm, sry i can't help you with modding. I'm not on a peace-keping mission here, but my lousy job is eating me up (that and lots of other bad things)... :D

no problems...i just got the net in my room so its cool

i, try and download the new mod....with this slow internat...so will see how soon i can get a mod working...considering i have so many things to do

but i'll try even if its small

• 2 weeks later...

well i do..i still got the models and skins for the enemies..but i cant download the 3.3 mod..cause my net is to slow...so i guess all i can do is upload....but once again can some one give me a place to upload to

i'm not shore what peopel want i dont think they want more weapons

Unfortunately, the stack walk error is real.  At least with WinXP Pro and SP2, which I'm not about to back out for any game, but I guess as long as I save often enough, I should be ok?  It does seem to happen at the mission load screen, as Cap'n Kyth or someone else noted earlier in this thread.  I get some different info in my stack trace, and some the same:

"Application crashed: access violation reading from address 0x00000017! SymInit search path: C:\Program Files\CENEGA\UFO Aftermath SymGetSymFromAddr:487, addr:0x00602a50 StackWalk:6"

I kind of quit playing the ComboMod after dozens of people told me that the Stackwalk errors and Crash To Desktop were all in my head. I ran into problems here and there, but they were described as my problem whenever I mentioned them.

I did eventually concluded that some part of Aftermath or the Combomod did not like the Zone Alarm firewall that I was using with Windows XP SP1.

I don't know how much playing I have done with Aftermath since SP2 came out, but I seemed to be having some problems with Aftermath and SP2 right before I decided to move on to Dawn of War. It was nice to get SP2 and get rid of Zone Alarm.

Dawn of War hasn't crashed on me yet, and neither has Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth.

You can upload to our files section. Just use your forum login here, and upload any new mod. If you need a place for adding pictures and so on, I can always make some space on my other FTP however. Do you?

yeah i wouldent mind some space.....but i have exams coming up...one tomoro so i manage 1/2 an hour evry 2-3 days to work on something new

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...