Tough-Alien Mod ready!

Aralez

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aborting an incomplete mission with stunned / incapacitated units will only save those that are conscious (the game will state wich units will return and wich will die). You can however "rescue" your own incapacitated units if they're being carryied by someone else.

Damnit, i played UFOAM million times and NEVER realized that ! :(:(

Otoh, i never had a chance to go back to the fallen units without loosing the other units as well, so i think i'm apologized :angel:

Or at least i can keep pretending i am :(

Almost 2000 posts from me and i didn't knew that.... Kret, you are "Mr. UFOAM" for me from now on!

*Bows down before Kret: *

https://members.cox.net/usa-cleaners/page2/Knee.gif

Hmm... I might just start using that pic (resized) as my avatar Aralez.

The only way I've managed to make a succesfull rescue is with smoke grenades, they halt enemy fire long enough to make a dash to the wounded people and pick them up.

• 3 weeks later...

BlackAlmaz, shall i update the mod according to what we talked about some days ago (for the new Coop-game) ?

(info for the others: the topic was that on the highest difficulty setting in the Tough-Mod you will not get any equipment when conquering bases. I wanted it to work that way, but maybe it is a feature unwanted by others?)

Or what do you others think?

I know that near the end of the mission in the regular type game, that I had squaddies that were still paralysed, and they came out of the mission. If they are injured too much then you will lose those squaddies. And when surrounded at the start of a mission (only really bad once), I aborted the mission and all of the squaddies came out, but none were injured or paralysed, or unconscious.

I was though!

:(

Btw, units getting hit by a paralyzing beam get experience points for it. That can be used for a small "XP-cheat": Simply leave four guys under enemy paralyzing fire and keep two guys far from them. If you think you have enough use the two to finish the enemy. You can use one "finisher" of course, but it's much more risky that way.

Please don't add it to the Combo-Mod, i think most users will complain! And if we keep it seperate users without the Combo-Mod can use it, too! And we won't get complains about crashes when an user accidently uses both mods!

As i said: i can easily adjust it, simply mail me your wishes (if you have any) :(

I agree with Aralez on this one.

I too would want the Combo Mod and the Tough Alien Mod to be separate mods, so that I can add or subtract the Tough Alien Mod at will.

We already discussed this, but apparently the message didn't get read. If you make the Combo Mod impossible to win to begin with, then nobody will want to play it. You do want the people to want to play the Combo Mod, don't you?

The Tough Alien Mod allows you to turn the game hard when you are ready for a hard game, sometime after the first ten missions, and you can also remove the Tough Alien Mod when you want to go a little easier or remove it when you don't want to spend all day playing a mission. Or, you can remove Tough Alien Mod when the game goes hard naturally mid-game so that you can once again survive and get through.

Make the Combo-Mod balanced and accessible to all, so that everyone will want to play it. Leave the Tough Alien Mod out of it and to the side, so that when someone is ready for a headache or a challenge, he can add the Tough Alien Mod to make any of the mods hard. And, so he can get rid of the Tough Alien Mod easily when he doesn't want to have to put up with it.

Please, do as Aralez says and either get with him or leave the Tough Alien Mod out of the Combo Mod.

Bump to everything Lurker said! Especially the possibility to remove the Tough-Alien-Mod during a campaign is important, or better: essential!.

Trust me, the new ComboMod is awesome as it is (judging from what i've seen /read), new difficulty levels should be optional.