Wake up, it's RBmod time!

Aralez

Just out of curiousity, why is the zip file 6_3? and not 6_5?

:)

nice work.

The aliens now kicks my ass every single time, so much so that I have to replay the whole game in easy ... :)

still ... a good adrenaline rush.

Ah well, i admit i was too lazy to rename the link so i renamed the zip instead :) Oh and thx for your nice posts! :)

Btw, your avatar almost looks like the new molotov-cocktail from the RBMod :)

I LIKE IT!!! :)

A small update was made to make some small changes (ideas from Lurker):

Updated readme-part v.6.6:

-Improved accuracy for burstmode of Lurkergun.

-Added an advanced lurkergun, called LURKERGUNII with a camo-texture and the stats of the first ever released lurkergun (v.5.6).

-Changed the look of the Railsniper to something "Zebra"-like.

Downloadlink is (as usual) the same. Forgive me my lazyness :)

Have fun!

I've just installed the mod.

Only the mod has the following problem.

Every time i start a mission, I can see all the aliens and my squad doesn't see them as enemies. When I played after 10 secs the pop-up appears with the message that I finished the mission.

I Run WinXP

I Have the UK version of Aftermath.

I Upgraded it to 1.3

Yes, at least that's the impression, but I have a tingling feeling there's much more behind it. BountyWarrior, could you please send the config file you find in the home folder of UFO:AM to kret_25052004@hotmail.com?

I got the friendly frozen aliens the last time I used ALPine. Of course, back then, I tried to start with a previously unmodded saved gamed. So, loaded the ALPine, did a mission, then did the moon mission, and the aliens were frozen on the moon mission.

The moral of the story is that if you apply any mods, then you must start a new game.

The only exception I have found is that after Rebalance 5.6 you can replace older versions with newer versions, and nothing gets messed up as long as you do your first load and save while on the Geoscape and while all your soldiers are at base, no choppers in flight.

If you try to switch Rebalance mods during a tactical mission, things will go wonky. And if you apply ALPine in the middle of a game without starting a new game, then you should probably be looking at frozen friendly aliens after a mission or two.

Either way, Rebalance or ALPine, if it goes wonky, you do seem to get one mission for free before everything goes bad.

Best, though, is to start a new game each time you mod. Only the Rebalance, naked or alone by itself, gives you a chance at skirting by that rule, but not guaranteed to work unless you are careful. And, you still have to start a new Rebalance game at least once, the first time you play the Rebalance, the last I heard.

I don't think a Rebalance applied to a previously unmodded save will work right, you'd probably get frozen aliens after a couple of missions. Have to start a new game.

And, if you are getting frozen friendly aliens, then that's an automatic sign that it's time to start a new game. Or, you can remove the mods completely, and your previously unmodded pure saves will then work right. But, once you mod, the old unmodded saves have to be left behind, so start a New Game Profile and switch to it after you mod.

• 1 month later...

Hi to all.

As I'm brandnew to the board and the mods I just want to crash in with some questions concerning this friendly, frozen alien problem.

Has there been a fix yet to avoid this? I know you have to start a new game, but it seems this doesn't fix it either! Did I miss sth else? Removing the mod kills the problem at least.

My specs:

UFO-A UK version

patches ... - 1.3 installed

rebalance 6.7 mod installed (normal version, not alpine)

WinXP

Thx for the help.

For my frozen alien and Rebalance problems, I found that I had to uninstall UFO:AM, delete the whole subdirectory, reboot, and then reinstall the game fresh, and then defragment.

Sometimes starting a new game doesn't work. The currently unproven speculation is that certain configuration files can get permanently corrupted causing frozen aliens, and then only an uninstall and reinstall will solve the problem.

I have also found that running the TEST program in the launcher has a way of fixing corrupted config files, so maybe you could try running that before you uninstall and reinstall.

UFO:AM doesn't seem to have self-correcting startup routines like other modern programs do, so if you change drivers or flash your BIOS, you might run into problems, and a re-running of the TEST in the launcher might reset the program to the new drivers or the new BIOS.

If you have frozen aliens and nothing works, then uninstalling and reinstalling the game is probably the best solution to the problem.

• 2 months later...

Hi, Im new to the boards and new to the mod but I have to say its pretty sweet so far (havent played too much yet). Just one thing, in the early missions, when im still only using shotguns and lame colt .45s, theres aliens that are firing these rockets and shooting some crazy gun (needler?) at me. Now correct me if im wrong but there werent any aliens with those kind of weapons in the normal game. Just wondering if this is part of the mod and if its *supposed* to be because its quite hard to take out rocket launchers with pistols.

-CORN

lol, BlackAlmaz :(

@Cornbread: The Needler is indeed on of the new RB-Mod weapons and is very powerful. It is very hard to win against an alien equipped with it, BUT it is possible, just look at Lurkers way to deal with those guys: Lure them around a corner, use cover and kill them at close range (okok a bit simplified).

You will maybe ask: "Why is a powerful weapon like this in the early missions?" The answer is i couldn't make it appear later. I made a poll about the aliens carrying the new weapons and most people voted for Yes.

Try to see it that way: It's the price you have to pay for getting the improved RBmod-armours and -weapons later in the game :( which the aliens DON'T have then