All your Mutons are belong to us!

Aralez

Ok, forgive me the computer-nerd topic-title :)

As Magnus discovered a small but CTD-causing bug in 6.03 i corrected it and uploaded the new 6.1 version INCLUDING the mutons completely with voice and all :) The download location is the same as before (lazy, but space-saving) :)

Make sure you read the txt file included, because the first guy/girl complaining "My muton armour is gone" will be given to the :) for experiments :)

Ok here IS the part of the new readme i mean:

-Corrected the warpmedipack-video (Thx, Manus!)

-Added Mutons to the crewpool with voices (Beware: Their armour is living tissue and dies when you take it off, so you can't put it on other troops!!!) I tried to include the same weaknesses the armour had in the original Xcom-games (AP+laser+psi+stun) and the same strengths (Soft ammo, incendiary etc.)

As, always: Have fun!

And many thx, Magnus! :)

Lurker, lol, i tried to avoid to mention the bikini Muton, but stay assured: He's not in the pack :) If you "undress" the muton armour the muton will wear regular human clothes. And yes, the mod will be compatible with older savegames. (99,99% sure)

After using the HIREUNIT cheat a bunch of times, I had six Mutons out of Seven soldiers at a downed UFO.

The Mutons did quite well, except for the fact that the Advanced Alien Plasma Gun ripped through them as if they were paper, inside a UFO. It was a Capture the Reticulan mission, and I lost so many Mutons that I decided to reload and try again.

In XCom, the Mutons seemed to eat Plasma Bursts for breakfast, which isn't the case here. Well, I figured the Muton Armor would need some tweaking as we go along. Great creation over all!! I'm very pleased with Aralez's Muton Miracle.

I don't know how the innards of the mod works, but I was wondering if there was a way to make the Muton Armor improve or get more powerful as the game goes along. Probably not. Nobody could ever figure out how to give Qualveg and Slooz anything better than sky armor. Which means that a Muton will be a real prize early in a normal game and a liability late in the game.

After my first mission with Mutons against Reticulans, I did come away with the feeling that maybe the Muton Armor should be rated in the range of Bio Armor, or at least a lot more impervious to Plasma. Of course, if their armor was as good as Bio Armor, they would be real treasures to get during the first 10 to 15 base captures of a game.

Anybody else playing and enjoying the Mutons as much as I have been?

Aralez is pure genius, is all I can say. I didn't think it would ever be possible for UFO:AM to be as cool as XCom. But, Aralez has done great work with his Rebalances.

Aralez got the Muton voices right as well. I couldn't help laughing when one of them said, "Rest in Peace." Not what I would envision a Muton saying, which made all the much better.

Thank you, Aralez, for the good times!

My pleasure :) And thanx for the nice comments! Ok i will make the muton armour much better against plasma. The popper and the spitter are almost done, now i only have to replace Mr.Slooz and his comerade with sectoids (will give them better armour stats as well). After that i'll try some weird stuff to make some other units from the Xcom series. Screenies later...

Ok, i only replaced Mr.Slooz as a sectoid, Mr.Qualveg will be unchanged (for those who want both types). Spitter works (including sound), Popper works. Muton armour, sectoid and "grey"armour changed, some typos fixed (thx Magnus). I gonna try to put some other armours on the reticulans, if it works i'll add some more enemies. Strange: at the moment things are working out much faster than usual, i thought that part would be harder :)

Atm i'm doing some final tests. Putting human armour models on reticulans didn't work as intended, so i had to leave that out (see interesting pic) :)

https://www.lognvik.no/Aftermath/eek.jpg

Eek! :)

So a new version of the RB-Mod is closer than i thought, maybe even tomorrow. CU then!

Btw, Lurker the CTD you had was not caused by taking the muton armour off (this works, albeit you can't re-dress it). But i found out that the HIREUNIT cheat makes the game highly unstable if used multiple times.

Ok, i finished the newest mod. It is uploaded. Get it here : Download.

The updates:

-Added the Popper from Xcom Apocalypse (beware it has bite attacks, which it will use for single units and an explosion attack for groups). Clever AI, wow. It will be identified by the game as a Chomper, but you will recognize it :) It is a bit more vulnerable than the Chomper, but deadlier, too.

-Added the Spitter from Xcom Apocalypse. It will be recognized by the game as Cudgel, but you will recognize it by it's skin and sounds :)

-Added sectoids from Xcom. Well, one and a half :) Mr. Slooz is replaced by a sectoid , and there is a hybrid in your crewpool.

-Changed armour stats for the muton armour (thx Lurker) and those for the sectoids and greys.

-Corrected typos and unused entries (big thx, Manus)

Important:

This mod will NOT work with the eq_mods!!! I will update them asap, but for now: Don't use them with this mod.

The complete readme is here: readme

An updated version of the hard_eq_mod will follow asap. Then i will take a small break from modding, until more tools are available.

And remember : :)

(The 6.1 version is still available for those who want to use the eq_mods, but when the new one is fready, i will delete the links.)

Hmm you got that done faster then I thought by the way you were talking

was wondering what you thought about added a sim pack to the Berzerker armor

(most stories about future, fancy armor, most have some kind of self/auto heal added to them)

something like a 3 shot burst of auto healing, one time deal

if possible, the armor would do it itself, if not, something where the player could do it or not ?

understand the idea that someone on the outside would not be able to help, but fancy armor should be able to do somethings itself ??

any chance of another armor type ? something like power armor, that would up the stats of the person wearing it (strength and carry)

HARD_Sarge

Yeah, i wondered, too. Things worked out WITHOUT the need for a single change! :) (testing and changing normally eat up most of the time) Ah, well :)

Regarding the Bezerk armour: As this armour is really good, i wanted it to have a weak spot: You can't heal anyone in it properly and can't carry turret weapons. This way the other armours still have their purpose. Oh and an auto-heal-device is not possible, sorry. (hardcoded)

Regarding the power armour: Did you take a closer look at the Muton armour? :) It is very light and has some good stats, especially against Plasma and "soft" ammo! BUT as everything realistic, it has it's weak spots: AP-rounds and PSI/stun weapons.

Now go and test that mod, will you :)

Read me looks good :)

by the by, not sure about all the mods and what not

but was wondering, if I add this file where you say and start a new game, would I be able to still play my old save game files, as it was before, or will the change the info the save game will use ?

or would it be better to reinstall the game under a different folder and run it that way ??

HARD_Sarge

You should be able to use savegames from RBMODS with bigger version numbers than 5.0. Not sure about unmodded games. But as the installation exists only of copying one file you won't need a complete re-install. If it shouldn't work, simply delete the modfile or start a new game. :)

The Readme link two or so messages above no longer works, but the 6.2 download appears to still be connected.

After work, I'll have to download 6.2 and give it a try.

With all the HIREUNIT and other stuff I have done, I really expect my saved games to stop working at some point, but they seem to keep working and allowing me to do what I want to do, while preventing me from doing things that I shouldn't be doing.

I'm wondering if changing Muton armor stats will kill my Mutons. If so, I'll go back to some 6.0 saves and start hiring again. Maybe I'll get Mr. Smily. Only time will tell.

Okay, when I loaded up 6.2, the Muton Armor didn't seem to be any stronger, so I assumed that the Mutons were all still wearing what they received from 6.1.

Anyway, I deleted all the 6.1 saved games, and started with my last 6.03 save.

I used HIREUNIT to pull up a set of ten soldiers, without dismissing any. The first set of ten gave me a Muton. Saved that, and then went back and loaded a 6.03 saved game to try again. Next set of ten gave me a couple of Cyborgs. Didn't save that one. Loaded 6.03 save, and then the third set of ten gave me Mr. Smily and Legionaire, and I saved that one in 6.2 format.

Now, I'm playing with Mr. Smily, and I have no Mutons. Beginning to guess that Mr. Smily looks best without any helmet or Bio Armor. Gonna have to try that next. Mr. Smily was just offered the Russian base. If I send him in alone, I imagine he would be squealing all the way, getting his level six hiny blown off in the process.

Don't know whether to HIREUNIT's for other sets of ten saving and loading repeatedly until I get a Muton to add to Mr. Smily or whether to go back to that other saved game with the Muton and without Mr. Smily. Crewpool could clog up real fast if you can't dismiss them. Of course, the HIREUNIT bug could already be there before I started hiring, as I did dismiss soldiers from time to time through the 5.6 to 6.2 growth process.

So many choices now. :)

If I get that biomass sample, then maybe I can soon go after upgraded Qualveg and Slooz? The Reticulans are finally showing up with rocket launchers and advanced laser and plasma. The game is going to change in difficulty soon, when they start showing up with Psi Projectors.

I started a new game yesterday myself. Haven't got a muton yet, but cyborgs, hybrids and some camo'ed guys. I'm playing on hard in Europe. The popper is really nasty, lost some guys to them at the beginning, but if you remember to spread your guys out a bit, they will mostly use their bite attack.

Have fun!

i just started a new game my self...i love the spiters...you can pick there weapon up and use it....lol

and those blue chompers...are to easy to kill...and they dont exploed....

aralez if i add anouthr vfs...plus the 6.2 just for weapons will they conflict?

i just whant to make the snipers a bit stronger and apear a bit early

As far as I understood how the loading of the modded vfs files works, the last one loaded will "overwrite" any changes that conflict with it's own ones. But I've never tested it and you're welcome to "volunteer" for it :)

Thx, Ufoman! :) One small "bad"" news , though: I discovered that the eq_mods won't work anymore AND a new one will be impossible! I only could integrate them in the complete mod, but that way it would get too hard for the most players :)

One small "bad"" news , though: I discovered that the eq_mods won't work anymore AND a new one will be impossible! I only could integrate them in the complete mod, but that way it would get too hard for the most players

Well, if I can make a request, then I would ask for a 'complete mod' or complete new version of the Rebalance 6.2 with a HARD_eq integrated into it. Since many people are downloading and starting new games with 6.2, they could just as easily have downloaded and started a HARD 6.2 and create a new game with that.

I wouldn't integrate the UBER or IMPOSSIBLE concept into the second HARD 6.2 Rebalance. Just integrate extra weapons for the aliens into the Second Harder Rebalance in a way that makes winning harder but not impossible. Forget about making an UBER or IronMan version that nobody will play for long. Just take each alien loadout and add a few more weapons to each loadout matched to the stage of the game that the player would be in when the player and the aliens would just naturally get that particular loadout.

It would be nice to see the Reticulans with something besides Lasers, Plasma, and Weak Psi midgame. And, it wouldn't hurt if the Reticulans had a bigger selection after the game goes hard endgame. None of this 'impossible stuff', just loadouts that give the Reticulans and other aliens a bit more to work with, something that makes the game a bit harder all the way through from beginning to end.

I'd request a HARD Rebalance 6.2 that makes you lose a soldier once in awhile outside of UFO's. Take each of the potential alien loadouts and add a few more weapons into each.