Rebalance Mod 5.0

Aralez

Ok, i received the missing files from Fnurg, who can't work on the mod atm because of his job. The files from him contain a LOT of stuff, some of it doesn't work or isn't finished yet. I will try to fix what i can, combine those things with my files and upload ~sunday night.

here's a (really) short list of updates:

-new weapons, equipment, icons, sounds

-the two cyborgs actually work now :)

-graphical updates to the added stuff.

-a soldier with camo-face (this one was a test actually, but i decided to leave it in the mod)

For the next version of the mod i plan to:

-add more cyborgs, camo-faced soldiers, halfretis

-even more weapons, maybe some melee ones

-add voices, rework gunsounds and weapon-graphic-effects

-maybe i'll add a texture pack with high-res textures for the weapons (otoh this will maybe done as an extra-plugin)

ok, i wil get some sleep now as i have to do a lot of things tomorrow (esp. the mod) CU!

here...we go...camo...i wanted that from the start....all we need is camo suits....

High resolution should be a plugin..and add it to the mod as well....

cant wait to try it...and is that m4 with the m03 in it...or at least the silanced berata...that i asked him for

@Black-Almaz:

-camo suits will come in the next mod

-high-res, too

-TheM4/m203 combo isn't there, seems fnurg didn't do it

-no silenced berretta, Iwill try to do it in the next mod. (But silenced weapons aren't recognized by the game)

I had to leave several things of fnúrg out, as they were VERY unstable or not working, i try to fix them for the next mod.

So here's the current readme (the file is being uploaded atm):

Readme for Naked Rebalance Mod 5.0-----------

Changes (v.1.0)

-Handguns and Pistols do more damage, this is intended to make them a real alternative to rifles in later game

-Pistols reload and aim a little bit faster

-Sniperguns have their damage doubled, their range inreased, but their reload and aiming-time, too. This shall make them more "sniper-ish" :)

-Older Rifles (M4,G3,Ak47 and FN-FAL) do a bit more damage to make them an alternative to the Steyr Aug ,G11 and G36

-Their aim is a bit faster, too (not much)

-Human rockets are 25% faster

-Alien rockets are 20% slower and take more time to reload

-Health Packs have a bigger capacity, but are heavier

-Psi-weapons are heavier and take more time to fire.

-Alien-Plasma-weapons are a bit slower to fire

-Women are easier to hide, Males have more hitpoints to compensate for that

-Generally all weapons which were obliterated in the original game when their improved model appeared, have now better burst, weight than the new models, so they are still useful and you have a real choice!

Changes (v1.1)

-Corrected the typo with the weight of the AK47

Changes (v.2.0)

-Rebalanced armours, too. Added Psi-Armours, you will get them later in the game like the other new equipment (new bases), they will NOT be available right from the start.

Changes (v.3.0)

-Smoke Grenades now right from the start

-Added a heavy throwable charge

-Added smokegrenades for the Superstrike

-Added incendiarygrenades for the Superstrike

-Added flares for the M79

-Added Core-munition for the normal Shotgun (not for the Neostad or CAWS, so you have a reason to carry the "old" gun)

-The Scorpion is a one-hand weapon now, but is less accurate because of it.

-Added another type of munition to the Uzi (not to other MP's, to make the "old" weapon more attractive, but maybe in later versions of the mod)

-Added a Melee weapon: The Shocker! It knocks out the enemy four times longer than the PSI-Stinger, doesn't need Psi-Research, BUT you have to get VERY close, this means it's a contact weapon. Muahaha that thing rocks :)

-Added a flashbang grenade that disables your enemies for a short time. Not as long as the Psi-Stinger but covers a area. Coool!

-Added a Berserker-Armour. It withstands a great deal of fire and you can even run in it, but it is heavy as hell , you can't heal anybody inside AND you can't use GYRO-Weapons in it, despite the look!! It only shows up if you have researched the advanced heavy armour AND conquer some new bases. Go bust'em!!

-Most of the new equipment is NOT available from the start, it shows up later in the game. But maybe you can use the "allitems" cheat to take a look at it :)

-Alien "disabling" attacks (Chrysalis etc.) have been weakened.

Changes (v.3.1)

-As i couldn't make the Greys equippable with human equipment, i made their original armour a bit better.

-Added a heavy PSI-Controller

-Corrected the flashbang-video and -size

-Made AK47 slightly better regarding burst range

-Corected size of Scorpion in Equipment

-Made FNFAL a bit faster

Changes (v.3.2)

-Adjusted Mp7 Burst and Range

-Adjusted Superstriker Incendiary Ammo

Changes (v3.3)

-Added the Megapol Autocannon from Xcom Apocalpse. (as i had no new model and graphics i had to reuse files already in the game).It can fire three different ammos: Normal "soft" bullets, HE-rounds and Incendiary-rounds.

-Weakened the Slimethrowers weapon a tiny bit.

-Added a Gaussgun, a very strange human weapon from those Xcom labs :)

-Added additional ammotypes for the M82 and the Falcon.

-Added a nanotech health-grenade, it heals units in a small area, when deployed

Changes (v.4.0)

-Added Toxic-Gas-Grenade and Plasma Grenade (both ideas of Llama8)

-Adjusted some weapon ranges

-Weakened sniper rifles damage -25% due to user demand

-Added some graphics and textures for weapons

-AND added two cyborgs (1 male, 1 female) to the crewpool! They have their own sounds and skins! They still have human parts, so they can be trained and leveled-up.

-Added a new armour to the game start. It has good resistances against "earth" weapons, but none to energy weapons.

Changes (v.4.1)

-Added some sounds.

-Readjusted some weapons and equipment

-Added special savegame with 2 Cyborgs

Changes (v.4.1b "naked")

-Removed all mods conflicting with other mods. So this basically is an "stuff-addon" :)

-Added some weapons from the upcoming new Rebalance Mod (the new mod will be released by fnurg and will take some more time, be patient, it will be worth it.)

Changes (v.5.0 "naked")

-as the 1.3 patch finally adjusted several things i remade the weapon stats of the weapons and equipment added by the mod.

-New weapons: Xm-8, G-41, Sawnoff Shotgun, Minilauncher, Magnum Revolver, Decker-Gun (from Blade runner) :), Gammashotgun and -rifle, Saiga 12 shotgun, AK-101

-Cyborgs work now, just start a game and there they are :)

-All new stuff has it's own icon

-The Berzerk armour has its own texture!!!

-New enemy : The Deepone from TFTD :)

Just copy the file 5_MOD.vfs into your main Aftermath folder and start a new game, that's it. To uninstall, just delete the file.

This Mod was made for version 1.3 of the game.

This mod is freeware, but you are not allowed to upload it anywhere without our permission, the same goes for using our files, if you want to include them in your mod, ask for our permission or make your mod an addon to our mod. All original files are under copyright by Altar.

Contact Aralez, fnurg, Llama8, Strahd and Redduke at the forum here: https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=15

Many tanks for the Vfstool by sigget and the one from Fulby. And thanks to all the guys from the Gamershall forum (garrett, imrahil,kris,blf,bullettsix,demon,arka,ayrik and Angelus) and those from the Aftermath.co.uk.forum (Slaughter especially, fnurg, sigget, llama8, redduke, Nameless, Black Almaz and all others!!!) And of course thx to Altar for making this game and their support of our modding!!! And blian for the name LULE-System :)

The Rebalance Mod makers are:

-Aralez

-fnurg

have fun!

This is the most excitement to happen here since ALTAR released version 1.3!

Way to go Aralez.

To be honest, I like being able to copy just one file and have it work or delete just one file to make a mod go away.

I tried the ALPine 3.0 with 1.3, and when I started getting random crashes, ALPine didn't uninstall, and I ended up having to reinstall UFO:AM in order to get back to my original game. Furthermore, the Stun Gun and the TNT had no range, which didn't make them all that fun to use. They needed a parameter that would allow us to use them from a distance or launch them as in case with TNT or C4.

Anyway, the Rebalance 5.0 being one file, should be really easy to try or get rid of. Now all we need is for Strahd and Aralez to work together so that their two new mods can be combined into one. Because without ALPine to referee, if there is overlap between the Strahd and Aralez mods, I don't know how the system will determine which should achieve precedence.

Looks like Aralez is downloading Strahd's mod, so maybe he can figure out how to make them work together so that again we only have one file to add or delete if we want to mod UFO:AM.

Atm, the Strahd sound mod and the RB mod shouldn't conflict. BlackAlmaz, did you try to simply rename the mod-file, it should work.

Well, Alpine compatibility, hmm, The RB-mod developed into a "addon-mod" and shouldn't conflict with any other mod if you use the mod-wrapper in Alpine. I don't see a need for making it an Alpine-plugin, it IS one already.

Future versions of the RBmod will continue this style: A Non-Conflicting Addon compatible with Alpine plugins. I'll NOT do any music changes, difficulty changes or gameplay changes, only weapons, units and equipment. That way no problems should apear.

And believe me, fnurg tried his best to make 5.0 an alpine plugin, but it simply didn't work out, crashs and bugs were the result, so i re-made it into one file only.

And it consumes a LOT of time writing those alpine-plugins especially with a huge mod like this. And atm i working alone on this mod, please remember that.

So, you just drop the Rebalance 5.0 and the Strahd Sound mod into the same subdirectory as gamedata.vfs, start a new game, and you're good to go?

I like the standalone naked mods. ALPine seemed to give me crashes when I had it going and was wrappering in the 4.1 naked Rebalance with ALPine. Standalone naked rebalances are better because if you start having problems with UFO:AM, you know exactly what's causing it, and you know exactly what to remove to make it go away.

Oh yeah, when it comes to mods . . . power armor, additional armor types, tanks or androids in the soldier pool, and of course copying over the X-Com aliens to fight against are all tops on the list here and at ALTAR's board, in case Aralez is looking for more ideas for Version 5.1 of the naked Rebalance mod.

BlackAlmaz simply rename mysoun mod to somethingcfg.vfs and it should work for your version as well. However I don't know if it will since I used 1.3 .vfs compression using the Total Commander plugin.

If you try it and if it works (or not) please inform me.

I could do the next version of the mod without the mentioned file as it doesn't include anything really important, this probably fixes your problem. Btw, you seem to have some knowledge about this, did you already try to delete the file from the mod? If yes, does it work then? Please keep me updated on that so i can make the right decision.

Ok, some small updates: A guy named MANUS volunteered to re-do the newest RB-MOD into an Alpine plugin, as it seems this board will see two variants of the new RBmods then in the future: First the "unalpined" one by me, and some days later the Alpine ones from Manus!!!

And, a not so spectacular update: I re-did the readme, so it is less cluttered and not so long as usual, so all users with short concentration-ability (esp. me) :) will actually read it :)

Ok here it is:

Readme for Naked Rebalance Mod 5.3-----------

Complete List of changes:

-Handguns and Pistols do more damage, this is intended to make them a real alternative to rifles in later game

-Pistols reload and aim a little bit faster

-Older Rifles (M4,G3,Ak47 and FN-FAL) do a bit more damage to make them an alternative to the Steyr Aug ,G11 and G36

-Their aim is a bit faster, too (not much)

-Human rockets are 25% faster

-Alien rockets are 20% slower and take more time to reload

-Health Packs have a bigger capacity, but are heavier

-Women are easier to hide, Males have more hitpoints to compensate for that

-Generally all weapons which were obliterated in the original game when their improved model appeared, have now better burst, weight than the new models, so they are still useful and you have a real choice!

-Rebalanced armours, too. Added Psi-Armours, you will get them later in the game like the other new equipment (new bases), they will NOT be available right from the start.

-Smoke Grenades now right from the start

-Added a heavy throwable charge

-Added smokegrenades for the Superstrike

-Added incendiarygrenades for the Superstrike

-Added flares for the M79

-Added Core-munition for the normal Shotgun (not for the Neostad or CAWS, so you have a reason to carry the "old" gun)

-The Scorpion is a one-hand weapon now, but is less accurate because of it.

-Added another type of munition to the Uzi (not to other MP's, to make the "old" weapon more attractive, but maybe in later versions of the mod)

-Added a Melee weapon: The Shocker! It knocks out the enemy four times longer than the PSI-Stinger, doesn't need Psi-Research, BUT you have to get VERY close, this means it's a contact weapon. Muahaha that thing rocks :)

-Added a flashbang grenade that disables your enemies for a short time. Not as long as the Psi-Stinger but covers a area. Coool!

-Added a Berserker-Armour. It withstands a great deal of fire and you can even run in it, but it is heavy as hell , you can't heal anybody inside AND you can't use GYRO-Weapons in it, despite the look!! Go bust'em!!

-Most of the new equipment is NOT available from the start, it shows up later in the game. But maybe you can use the "allitems" cheat to take a look at it :)

-Alien "disabling" attacks (Chrysalis etc.) have been weakened.

-Added a heavy PSI-Controller

-Corrected the flashbang-video and -size

-Corected size of Scorpion in Equipment

-Adjusted Superstriker Incendiary Ammo

-Added the Megapol Autocannon from Xcom Apocalpse. (as i had no new model and graphics i had to reuse files already in the game).It can fire three different ammos: Normal "soft" bullets, HE-rounds and Incendiary-rounds.

-Weakened the Slimethrowers weapon a tiny bit.

-Added a Gaussgun, a very strange human weapon from those Xcom labs :)

-Added additional ammotypes for the M82 and the Falcon.

-Added a nanotech health-grenade, it heals units in a small area, when deployed

-Added Toxic-Gas-Grenade and Plasma Grenade (both ideas of Llama8)

-Adjusted some weapon ranges

-Added some graphics and textures for weapons

-AND added two cyborgs (1 male, 1 female) to the crewpool! They have their own sounds and skins! They still have human parts, so they can be trained and leveled-up.

-Added a new armour to the game start. It has good resistances against "earth" weapons, but none to energy weapons.

-Added some sounds.

-as the 1.3 patch finally adjusted several things i remade the weapon stats of the weapons and equipment added by the mod.

-New weapons: Xm-8, G-41, Sawnoff Shotgun, Minilauncher, Magnum Revolver, Decker-Gun (from Blade runner) :), Gammashotgun and -rifle, Saiga 12 shotgun, AK-101

-Cyborgs work now, just start a game and there they are :)

-All new stuff has it's own icon

-The Berzerk armour has its own texture!!!

-New enemy : The Deepone from TFTD :)

-Added the BFG9000, a knife, and the OICW! TheBFG9000 will become available after the research of the Warp resonator and then win a new base. With a bit of luck you'll get one.

-Adjusted some damages (e.g. Flare has a damage now, albeit a small one. :))

-Added an icon for EVERY ammotype! That was some work i can tell you! :)

-completely redesigned the BFG9000, now it's more like the original one from Doom :)

-added the NUKER, a small tactical nuclear weapon.

-Added another ammo type for the SLAW

-OICW sounds changed.

-adjusted armor-stats, made the BERZERK armor easier to get.

-added a Laser-sniper-rifle. VERY accurate, relative small damage

-added a Warp-Sniper-rifle with small-range-burst-mode.

-Changed one ammo-icon for the OICW.

-Added depleted uranium rocket for the RPG7, which harms an area with radiation for some seconds. (Be careful where you wander, radiation is invisible) :)

-Changed several icons.

-Uzi is a singlehand weapon now, too. A bit less accurate therefore.

-Added the laser gatling (ideas, graphics etc. by fnurg)

Just copy the file 53_MOD.vfs into your main Aftermath folder and start a NEW (important!) game, that's it. To uninstall, just delete the file.

This Mod was made for version 1.3 of the game.

This mod is freeware, but you are not allowed to upload it anywhere without our permission, the same goes for using our files, if you want to include them in your mod, ask for our permission or make your mod an addon to our mod. All original files are under copyright by Altar.

Contact Aralez, fnurg, Llama8, Strahd and Redduke at the forum here: https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=15

Many tanks for the Vfstool by sigget and the one from Fulby. And thanks to all the guys from the Gamershall forum (garrett, imrahil,kris,blf,bullettsix,demon,arka,ayrik and Angelus) and those from the Aftermath.co.uk.forum (Slaughter especially, fnurg, sigget, llama8, redduke, Nameless, Black Almaz and all others!!!) And of course thx to Altar for making this game and their support of our modding!!! And blian for the name LULE-System :) And especially Manus for re-doing the whole thing into an Alpine-plugin! (That sure was some work!)

Small tip: If you want to see all the new items at once just use the Allitems-cheat! For an explaination and more cheatcodes look here: https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk

The Rebalance Mod makers are:

-Aralez

-fnurg

-Manus

edit: Remember that this is a design only, i will not release v.5.3 to give the players some time to finish their actual games. But a new release candidate will be ready soon , nonetheless :)