Iron-Man Mod (early beta)

Aralez

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have thought many times, that I would would like a mod with lots of cybords, androids, hover tanks or bodyless hovering head droids, and hybrids, and lots and lots of weapons. Seven different races or types of soldiers. Aralez was the first to give us new types of soldiers. Should expand on that model.

I have also thought that I would like a mod with newer and better aliens, maybe even Alien and Predator aliens would be a neat mod. Recreate the XCom aliens for us and put them over the top of the Altar aliens. There's a lot that we would want there in new types of previously unplayed aliens, or at least I would want them. I liked the aliens in the other XCom games better.

New faces with new abilities along with new weapons. New and previously unseen everything. I just wasn't too excited about restricting my choice of weapons. I prefer a mod with more choices and new scenery that gives the impetus to explore and experiment and see and hear. New alien sounds and death cries for the aliens would be nice as well, for a new experience.

Is fnurg studying the new modding tools, or has he given up too? There was supposed to be a lot new coming in the updated Rebalance around Christmas time, the last my lurker eyes heard about Fnurg.

Altar or Cenega needs to sponsor a mod making contest.

They did a poll on this web site, and the majority voted for an XCom mod, which I would take to mean resurrecting the XCom aliens, the XCom hover tanks, the XCom sounds, the XCom Weapons, and the XCom Armor. I think that most of the respondants to the poll are just sitting around waiting for the XCom mod for UFO:AM to become available.

People are making XCom mods or XCom clones on all the other web sites, so why not here?

There hasn't been anything much new to download here since Christmas, since Slaughter went away. Just waiting for the new and the unique to show up.

But, if Aliens vs. Predator inspires you, then do that, so long as the new additions don't limit gameplay to a subset of the original. It's the newness and diversity that makes XCom and UFO:AM interesting, not just the tough tactical situations. Personally, I'm not looking for a more limited game. I'm looking for the new and the unique added to what's already there, and I would guess that a few more lurkers out here are probably of the same mindset.

To get iron-man toughness in version 1.3, just play the hard setting without using the Psi Projectors and make sure to run so that all the aliens can hear you coming. Then you'll encounter an occasional late-game mission where you really get ambushed and slaughtered.

Over on the Version 1.4 thread that I started, there are a few people listing what they would still like to see from Aftermath. Maybe some of that would inspire.

https://www.chatbear.com/?P584074

I personally, would like to be able to trade saved games like they trade maps on other gaming boards. But, in order to trade saved games, we need sigget to make us a utility that safely and effectively imports and exports saved games.

The Civilization games had scenarios to play. Being able to import other people's games and export our toughest ones so that others could play them would be like trading scenarios. You play the UFO:AM game all for that one super tough mission, so why not be able to trade or share those missions? The maps for them should all be different, unless they take place at the Area 51 or Russian Base or the Moon.

The first time that you encounter the reticulans with psi projectors, microslugs, and rocket launchers, and you have none. Those are really tough missions at any difficulty setting. If we could trade those tough missions with each other along with the missions that we haven't been able to figure out how to beat, that would give plenty of taste and exposure to the Iron Man in all of us.

Over on that poll or voting thread Aralez said that he wants a mod that has it all.

He should take the last that Fnurg has sent him and start building a mod that has it all, just in case Fnurg never comes back.

Just break up the all-in-one mod into separate themes, and make each separate theme an ALPine plugin. A soldier plugin, giving seven to fourteen different races or types of beings to play as your soldiers, be able to recruit from off world. A sound plugin. A new batch of aliens plugin that completely replaces the aliens in UFO:AM with a whole new set of aliens. A new weapons plugin, that supplies all new weapons not found in the original UFO:AM game. A new music plugin. A rebalance plugin?

Can you imagine fighting against the XCom aliens, Apocalyse aliens, Aliens aliens, Reticulans, and Predators all at once in the same tactical mission? Now that would be really cool!

Especially if each one of your soldiers was from a different world, race, or background - reticulan, predalien, predator, cyborg, android, sentient hover balls, walking fungi, humans, elves, changlings, shapeshifters, muton, etherial, hybrid. Wouldn't you like to play as the aliens, then make each one of your soldiers or recruits a different type of alien, from each of the different types of games out there. Fighting against a mix of the same.

For an Iron Man ALPine plugin you could give us invisible or cloaked aliens that you can't see until you're right next to them. And to combat them, we would need a new race of Super-Heroic Dodging and Perception soldier units with Carl Lewis like olympic sprinting speed.

Give us a mod that has it all. That's what I think.

i must agree...with the idea....of spliting up those moses...cause....u can experment with diffrant ideas.....i my self is a human man..and i like the original iron man mod...with my ideas...and others the great auther has made...... :)

this game needs to relly get up some levels...for game play....this mod does...half the work.......

Idea full conversion....new uniforms( clothes)...i'm realy tired of green...black....Urben.....( special force type....and the weapons if anything...be spaselised with sites(increase range.....laser(increase...accurace)....and so on.....

and make that smoke last longer!!!!!...it makes it more real.....

All alians i dea is good...but than it would be a great idea...to change this geo map...cause i doubt that earth is the center of every thing out there.... :)

i cant wait for Stargate...it promises...alot....

and if stealth does something....is there a stae we can make...for a suit to make one invisable or just almost hidden at close range.....(get one in the game u lose it thats it!!!

Hi chaps!

Nice to know that theres still a lot of interest in the rebalance mod!

Like Aralez said, I was hoping for a pre-christmas release. The 1.3 patch slowed things down a bit and of course, I was spending a lot of time in the pub with my brothers (one of which i only see twice a year ish) over the holidays. I cant remember much about them so they must of been quite good.

I'm resuming work on the RB mod tommorow (er, today). It'll introduce a whole bunch of new weapons to experiment with, some are researchable hybrid type weapons.

Because of the large number of additions, I'll be begging Aralez to help me balance it :) (hope thats alright with you mate)

Yay, Fnurg is back!

As we fall down at his feet and worship.

Looking forward to that new rebalance he has been working on!

Maybe he can figure out how to use the new tools to make me a Personal Combat Teleporter for Aftermath 1.3, and put it into an Alpine Plugin for us all to enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Big apology to all. I have to admit i had an UFO:AM overdose and had to take a break :) But now i'm back for good and Fnurg already contacted me regarding the unreleased RB Mod. I (i think fnurg, too) will work as hard as i/we can to release it asap.

After that we will probably do a complete re-build of the RB-mod (things are now possible with the 1.3 patch that weren't do-able before), i thought about adding several new crewmembers, cyborgs, etc., re-do the sounds, textures, and so on.

But first we have to finish the yet unfinished one. :)

Btw, what really made me fall in love with UFO:AM again were the game-loyalty of BlackAlmaz, Fnurg, sigget, fulby and Slaughter. Waiter, a beer for this guys!

one more thing is it poible ot add the any animation type to humans...leting them attack in hand to hand combat...or atleast use a knife???.....i want to bash those guys to death with brass nuckels...hehehe....

and if not maybe only the cyborgs will be able to do so(or at least cause some damedge

and have you been able to edit the mp5????

last Question....are u still intrested in that better resolution mod? for weapons

If you don't mind my unorganized style here's a small list of things i'm planning to change in the new mod (after the release of RB5.0):

redo the effects, more + lighting excessive!!!

sounds, harder, louder, realistic (e.g. 3 sounds for 3 rounds)

more cyborgs

halfretis with alien voice!

camouflaged faces

new normal faces (black, yellow, red)

textures for new armors

bigger weapon textures

probably new enemies (not sure)

aliens using rb-weapons

cleaning up names ID's etc.

videos for new equipment? (if possible)

melee

animation of mps

new voices

all old rb-weapons included of course.

Beware this will happen AFTER the release of 5.0...So please be patient. :)

But stay assured: Fnurgs and my stuff in 5.0 will keep you entertained until then.

Yes, it will. BUT i still didn't receive the "Fnurg"-files :)

So this is my plan: If i don't get any files i will start the new mod alone with the things i already have (basically my part of the mod), enhance the whole thing (new crewmembers etc.) and release it as a standalone mod, so you can apply other mods via Alpine. And maybe then the fnurg-files, too.

I really hope Fnurg decides to send me the files he want's to have checked, there were several cool weapons i'd like to test: (e.g.: The sawn-off shotgun, some new miniguns, magnesium pellets etc....) and the new effects he was testing.... :inlove:

Sigh,

ok I'll wait 'til this weekend..... Then i will decide what to do....