ALPine, ReBalance, Combo 3.3 Mods which one is w/c

Red

Understanding how to Apply / Merge / Join ALL the Mods together.

ALPine Plugin Engine a GUI tool that uses Plug-Ins to add the diffrent MODS.

ReBalance Mod are a bunch of NEW items avavilable Out side the Original Game.

Combo Mod v3 Includes all the specific Mods made (by others) Independents

= SOME Mods have SAME NAME Files. - CONFLICTS OCCUR!

Question?: Is there an order on How to install these so they don't conflict? like...

• 1st = ALPine
  • 2nd = latest RB #.#
  • 3rd = Combo #.#

They really are not meant to go together.

Pick one and stick with it.

And, from past experience, I had to stay away from ALPine in order to get the others to work right. If ALPine is there, then don't install the Combo or RB mod at all, just install ALPine plugins one at a time.

My recommendation:

NO Alpine - it can conflict with everything else and it isn't as up to date with the goodies. Hundreds of files to download and to install one at a time. Ugh!

NO RB Mod, as the RB Mod is older and thus doesn't have as many goodies.

YES, Install Combo Mod. ComboMod has everything in the RB Mod, and as long as ALPine isn't in the system anywhere, the ComboMod seems to work just fine on most modern machines with minimal crashing if any. One file to download and to install. File there, the Combo Mod works, remove that one file, and the Combo Mod goes away and you are back to normal. No need to have to uninstall and reinstall over and over again should something go wrong like with ALPine. Instead, just put the Combo Mod in the directory and presto, it works when you start a new game.

I'll have to leave that answer to someone who knows more.

But, from what I know, the Alpine plug-ins will do most of the stuff that was available in an older version of the Rebalance Mod, but ALPine lacks some of the stuff available in the latest version of the Rebalance Mod.

The Combo-Mod has even more stuff, a large amount of which there is no Alpine plugin for. In other words, even if you were to install all the Alpine plugins, the Combo-Mod have more and offer more that you would be missing by going the Alpine route. The ComboMod is a superset of the RB Mod.

Whereas the ComboMod might have dozens of features that are unavailable in the Alpine Plugins, the Alpine Plugins might have only one or two features that the ComboMod does not have, features that weren't considered safe or annoying features or features that people didn't consider essential. I don't know if there was anything that ALPine could do that couldn't be done and wasn't done in some fashion in the ComboMod.

Again, I might be wrong in my assessment, but I didn't feel like I was missing anything by skipping Alpine, and I felt that I got a whole host more by going with the ComboMod. That said, I do feel right in saying that I liked working with the single file of the ComboMod as opposed to the dozens or hundreds of files of ALPine. One file is much simpler to manage, IMHO, and I know that there are a few others who agree.

ComboMod = RebalanceMod + Alpineplugins + EVRYTHING ELSE.

(ok this is a bit simplified)

The rebalance mod is no longer needed at all and only brings confusion and destruction to this board, but Slaughter somehow decided that adding it (without a readme , btw) would be a good thing. This is done AGAINST my suggestion to remove it or at least add a readme to the zip. :)

*speaks in biblical tone: "But Tho arth the ways of Slaughter, we mere mortals shall never question heees doings" :angel: :)

ComboMod = (RebalanceMod - latest RB) + ALPine plugins + EVERYTHING ELSE.

:) Is what i understood :)

I guess NOW the :) RB is more of a "X-Weapons" Mod rather than ReBalancing.

like Sniker suggested; It's more of a heavy weapons to use in Tactical, rather than what they need.

No no no :) The Combomod has EVERYTHING, i repeat: EVERYTHING from the RBMods plus has most of the Alpine plugins in it. And some new stuff.

Basically the Combomod is the newest version of the RBmod.

Slaughter, i wish i had you here and could kill you a bit for all this RBMOD trouble :) See what you do with keeping that old file up ?

Red: RebalanceMod - latest RB ?! Well i don't know where you found this but it is wrong. Totally :)

• 3 years later...