Stargate Mod

Strahd

It seems that I don't really have much luck with them Nforce chipset motherboards. The Asus one I got fried taking the hard drive with it (thank god the drive just crashed and didn't burn out and I had the backups this time). Besides I did ran into a dead end since there is no model editor/inporter. I do plan to finish this at least story/text/movies vise when I get my mobo replaced once again wich by the way could take a week or more. Didn't deal with this guys yet so I really don't know what problems I might run in to trying to prove that the varanty for the bloody mobo is still valid!

Need to check your power supply and maybe get a new case?

Others will have to correct me, if I am wrong, but I heard good about Power Switching power supplies if that means anything. And I have heard much bad about AMD and nForce boards if the power supply doesn't have enough wattage. Also with nForce and Barton AMD chips, have to have a power supply that provides the two mobo connectors, one for the motherboard and a smaller one dedicated just to the processor, or your are looking at grief. 350 Watt Power Supply minimum.

Tom's Hardware reviews said that the newest Athlon XP chips can pull between 100 and 200 watt during load or extreme power usage. They need that extra dedicated 12Volt power connector. So, the nForce chipset needs a good power supply to provide that, or you could be looking at hangs and/or mobo frying power surges, the last I heard and read.

In other words, it might not be the fault of the motherboard. It might be the fault of the power supply? If it's the power supply, you could end up frying one board after another.

With all the stuff that Strahd listed as being in his computer case, I one time came away with the feeling that he was a candidate for a 420 to 450 Watt Power Switching power supply.

Of course, I could just be spitting in the wind for all I know. Others jump in and tell me where I am wrong, if I am wrong.

Well I had a 300W power supply (Enhance) and it worked fine untill now. First the on board lan died and now the mobo it self did. This Asus board didn't even have the small power connector and I wasn't using any computer case.

For the most part it worked fine even on full load (such as DVD 2 Divx ripping/encoding). Had no problems in games and system it self was rock solid (no crashes what so ever). Then mobo just died.

A bit of lurking brought out some glowing reviews about ABIT brand nForce boards on the Altar board. In case any of that is helpful, here's the link.

https://www.chatbear.com/?P637235

Supposedly Slaughter has an ABIT.

Anyway, from what I was reading on Tom's Hardware Reviews, I got the feeling that if you are experiencing repeated frying of motherboards, then you should be looking at the Power Supply as the source of the problem instead of at the motherboards.

My last ASUS board was a really good one, but I have experienced overheating, surges, dead or insufficient power connectors, and other problems from the occasional power supply that I have encountered over the years. Something for you to consider, maybe.

With my Windows XP rig, I currently have fans blowing from the side of the case onto the motherboard, and then fans blowing out the back. The modern motherboard and RAM and chip can get very hot, and it is best to have air moving constantly over it all, I have heard. The right case and power supply can make all the difference. Of course, it could just be a bad motherboard, like you assumed all along.

• 3 weeks later...
I currently have fans blowing from the side of the case onto the motherboard, and then fans blowing out the back.

I don't even use the case (at the moment anyway).

Back to the topic. I've stopped modding the game for the moment so don't expect to see any future mods from me. But I will resume the work if/when any 3D model/tool comes. I don't see any point in doing a Stargate TC if the TC is not even possible.

• 3 weeks later...

we have better tools...so lets get started..i can make the zapper..and all the guns they use..... just send me a list..i know how the look

i'm not good with textures....and i thik some one can make a eneimy armours....

you we have to do is make custom missions