Request to Strahd!

Aralez

Please could you update the "old" Xcom music mod. I have some users writing me which don't understand the old way of installing it uses. Maybe you could then change the main menu music a bit, which kind of "pops up" loudely when you try to save a game. Will you do us that favour? Oh and maybe you could include the xcom SOUND mod as well !

What do you think?

Ok I'm half way through. The only thing left is the aliens. I think I'm going to be able to give each alien its own sound.

I hope you'll be able to host this Slaughter somwhere for a while untill I switch my job. Once there I'll be able to host them on my own ;)

Well it is ~43 megs and you can grab it here.

The file is in it's usual mod*.vfs format so just shovel it in to your Ufo: Aftermath directory and enjoy. Please report bugs (if any) to me or on the Stargates forum under the X-com sound mod. You can get to the forum through my site here.

Changes:

As requested the updated music mod with changed menu music (now featuring fade-in effect ;) ). The previous interface sound mod is included with one of the inventory sounds removed. All of the weapon sound were changed most of them using sound from the first three X-Coms. And last but not least all of the alien hit/dead sounds were also changed. All of the aliens have there own unique sound and all of them have it. 14 of these aliens have hade their sounds replaced using those of the first three X-coms the rest use the original sounds.

Bugs/Problems:

In the brief test I've put this through I've found that if you should hit an alien not always will there be the hit sound played. I would say that this is the bug in the game it self since I wasn't able to fix the problem with anything I tryed.

In the brief test I've put this through I've found that if you should hit an alien not always will there be the hit sound played. I would say that this is the bug in the game it self since I wasn't able to fix the problem with anything I tryed.

Don't think it's a bug, but rather a prevention system that limits the number of "cries" an alien does in a short period of time. The most probable method used is a random trigger that will play the sound x out of y times (y being greater than or equal to x ;) ). This happens in the non-moded v1.3 of the game.

Okay, i have added it to my server Strahd, as well as the mods section. But tell me, does the mod slow down Aftermath?

As for the alien cries not sounding every time, I agree with Kret. I think it's a "feature", not a bug. They probably thought it a good idea after all the complaints regarding the soldier voices. Not that I think this was a better solution, but...

But tell me, does the mod slow down Aftermath?

I wouldn't know since I'm running the thing on the Athlon XP 2600+ OCed to 3000+ with 1GB of ram and the GeForce 4 Ti4200 with 128mb of ram. I didn't notice any speed changes with that configuration. Have you had any problems with it?

Well, I use a AMD Athlon 1400 with 1 gig RAM and a GeForce 3 Platinium (or whatever the topmodel is named). I noticed "lagging" in the game when I played tactical missions. This may be because I had other stuff running in the background though, so I'll check it closer and report back.

Gee! This brings back old memories, almost made me install Xcom an Tftd again :) Regarding the Xcom replacement sounds: It was quite a surprise to hear the new explosions and weapon sounds, i will have to re-adjust my hearing to that sounds. I mean you fire a "wellknown" weapon with a also "wellknown" bang sound and suddenly hear a "zzzzzt", I was so baffled i stopped the game right away to look if there was a new enemy or weapon i didn't realize yet. Only to see it was the new sound. ;) Seems i have to start a new game to adapt myself to the Xcom sounds ! ;)

The most "irritating" thing was the weapon of the Manowar who sounds like a laser shot now, before i realized what was happening two of my mutons were downed as i thought the sound was from one of my weapons (Again, i will only have to adapt to that ;) )

So: Good work! Hm, maybe i will restart UFOAM with an edited savegame to "learn" the new sounds....

I just recently downloaded the new sounds. I take it from the input that the new Strahd mod is compatible with the Rebalance 6.61?

I'm not into computer crashes.

I also took it that the First Person Camera mod was working right with the Rebalance 6.61 without crashes?

Now that the Rebalance is over and no more testing is needed there, it is probably time for me to branch out into the other mods.

Are there any combinations that I should avoid if I don't want computer crashes?

Aralez could really help me there in order to get the right combinations as I branch out.

Both mods you've mentioned work with the RBMOD, no problems on my PC. Mods that most probably will crash UFOAM when used with the RBMOD are: GurkozMod, the "old" IronMAN Mod, the PowerArmour mod etc. Basically all mods which are older than 1.1.2004.

• 1 year later...
Both mods you've mentioned work with the RBMOD, no problems on my PC. Mods that most probably will crash UFOAM when used with the RBMOD are: GurkozMod, the "old" IronMAN Mod, the PowerArmour mod etc.  Basically all mods which are older than 1.1.2004.

and how about the combo-mod? does it work with the x-com music mod? :cool:

• 2 years later...