X-Com sound mod

Strahd

I've created (well some alien sounds still need some fixin') another X-Com sound mod. This time I've replaced many weapons and aliens sounds from the original X-Com and I've used Gurkozes sound enhancement to fill in the gaps. Before uploding however I would need Gurkozes approval for my usage of his sounds. Now the problem is that I can't get a hold on Gurkoz. Has he been heard of lately? Or does anybody have his email perhaps?

His website's name isn't that different either ;)

It's good to see that you're waiting for his allowance! You are a real Gentleman! ;)

(BombBloke: We need a "Thumbs up" icon) ;)

(I remember Gurkoz large post when Slaughter made a typo and said the RBmod would include his sound files) :)

It's good to see that you're waiting for his allowance!

I'm not shure that I'm going to wait much longer. He apperantly can't be reached.

He wasn't on this site for quite some time, I can't get an email through to him since his email account seems to be full it's like he just desapeared. https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/stargate/besen.gif Besides he never restricted the usage of his files and I can allways remove them later on if he should show up and demand that.

You are a real Gentleman!

I try to be whenever possibile. B)

I once asked him IF i should/could include his files into the RBMOD (it was a very early version back then version 1.1 or something ;) ) but he decided not to answer then, too. I accepted that answer as a NO. Some days later Slaughter made his "famous" typo and Gurkoz wrote a 1000word+ post about not asking him etc. ;) From then on i didn't even think about that files anymore ;)

Strahd, if you want i can send you some megabytes of usable sounds, maybe you can use them to create your own mod. (sounds from Xcom-Apocalypse, Doom, The Mask) Maybe you can combine with the Xcom1+2 files you did send me. The Apocalypse sounds are in RAW-format, but i could convert them for you.

Ok, file is on the way. If you want that "mask" sound files tell me as they are from a interactive comic cd and would be about 70MB

The doom and apocalypse files are about ~8MB together. Btw, i already have your email, so quick, remove it from your post before Mr. Spam visits your house ;)

Any news yet?

Still waiting for Gurkoz.

And what about that OTHER project ?

This OTHER project is coming along rather slowly (real life and the job coming in the way...) and I've hit the same model replacement dead end. So I'm afraid that this full conversion mod will never see the light unless we get an inporter. Perhaps if somebody creates a plugin for the Deep Exploration program. that one is capable of saveing to may 3D formats.