First screenshots of new mod !

Aralez

OK, the muton is in the crewpool, complete with face, inventory etc... BUT i had a small problem, and had to make a decision. I can make the muton come with the armour, no problem, BUT as some things are hardcoded i had two choices:

-Make it an armour for everyone right from the start, but that would unbalance the game seriously.

-Make it unusable for others (except the muton itself), BUT it disappears when you undress it and will NEVER return. So your muton will be a regular soldier with a human armour if you are not careful.

I decided that the second idea is the way to go, for obvious reasons (balance) AND for the possibility of more crewmembers. One could explain that "feature" by the Mutonarmour being a living being which dies when removed from the body. ;)

https://www.lognvik.no/Aftermath/25.jpg

I used an existing voice and lowered it's pitch, now the mutons have a very deep and "male" voice ;) The sound files you've sent were no good. (for this! They are excellent in quality) I didn't realize before that the original XCOM had only 4 or five screams as alien voices! Sometimes memories are better than the original was ;)

Can you say "popper" ? ;)

https://www.lognvik.no/Aftermath/po1.jpg

https://www.lognvik.no/Aftermath/po2.jpg

Best about them: They do NOT replace the existing chompers but are added to the game! They are identified in-game as chompers, so i won't get any complaints about enemies without name (hi, Lurker ;) )

Thx, Carlos_The_ Jackal, for the idea!

Oh and yes, they will explode ;) I did some quick test and they are very variable with those two weapons (bite+explosion). I had three soldiers, one alone, the other two as a team. The lone soldier was killed by bite-attack, the group was killed by the explosion-attack. Oh and i used a yet unused explosion-animation, NEAT ! ;)

Poppers, sounds great! I have two of those plastic Popper figurines on my shelf, from the good old days.

I always liked the idea of a running grenade. The Poppers really made you nervous when they were incoming. They became priority targets.

Whether they are called Poppers or Explosive Chompers or Chompers probably doesn't matter.

My only suggestion is to see if you can make the legs half as long or a third as long.

If you are trying to capture the 'spirit' of the original Popper, then you need the fast speed of the current Chomper combined with the short legs of the Popper.

Sorry, model-editing and animation-editing is not do-able atm, because there are no tools for them :) (Hides behind chair as Kret probably could think this is another hint ) ;) I could try to make the Chomper a bit faster generally, though, hmmm, will take a lok at that.

But the "new" Popper sure has a nice big "BOOM" :) Oh, the texture will be updated a bit in the release version. This are only test screenshots, remember!

One sad message for Lurker, though: The eq_mods will NOT work with the new mod, maybe i will do an updated version later when i have some time after this HUGE pile of modding-work in front of me ;)

Atm i'm working on something like a Spitter, screenies will follow later....

CU and remember: Never give Mutons in Bikinis a friendly smile, they could misunderstand that ;)

I was going to start work on the eq_mods when this mod turned into a Xcom-enemy-addon for the RBMod ;) At the start i thought about two completely different mods (RB+eq and the OTHER mod), but as you can see they merged themselves together ;) Sigh, so much work....

Btw,Lurker, did you find Mr.Smily yet ? (the small surprise i included for you) ;)

No, I haven't ran into Mr. Smily yet, though I have been looking.

I have tons of deadlines at work, seasonal stuff. My personal internet connection is connected with work.

I ended up with my very limited time dedicated towards continuing the 5.60 game that I started. I think I have another base by now, 21 or 22.

I couldn't get enough computer time to download 6.1, yesterday. And, this web site has been frequently unavailable. Should be able to download 6.1 tonight, hopefully.

Somewhere I read that there is a cheat that will give a New Recruit. I need to do that cheat until I get Mr. Muton and Mr. Smily.

I've had Mr. Kid since the start of the 5.6 game, and he is now my Super-Heroic for handguns. Deadly with a Lurkergun.

Lost Mr. Smith to a balloon fish. I have a Cyborg in the crew who is Super-Heroic for rifles - SNIPER.

I'll go look for that cheat code (if it exists) and see if I can pull up Mr. Smily and Mr. Muton and BlackAlmaz Spetnaz, if I can get 6.1 downloaded successfully.

I was hoping to play a few UFO:AM missions this weekend. Wish me luck. Need to get off line now.

Okay, I used the HIREUNIT cheat about a million times after downloading the 6.1.

I have four Mutons in the crew, including two Muton 4. I have Spetznaz, Legionaire, and Sarge (Clint Wood).

I have Smith and Wesson. I have Mr. Wind and Ru Paul. I have a half dozen Cyborgs.

During it all, it offered me the Russian Base, and I only have 22 bases captured.

The only one I probably haven't seen yet is Mr. Smily

I'm getting tired of hiring and dismissing. I want to see those Mutons and Ru Paul in combat.

So, I probably won't see Mr. Smily for awhile.

Oh well, how's that for the luck of the draw?

--

Okay, kept going, and got six Mutons now in the crew. No Mr. Smily yet.

Got so many Mutons that I figured I would try to do the thing you told us not to do (install Armor on a Muton), and it gives a crash to desktop, just like it should. All is well.

I figured from your input above, that it would just skin the thing. But, a Crash to Desktop is convincing enough to only try it a second time. ;)

A crash to desktop is better than a Muton with no skin, so indeed, all is well.

After CTD, I go back in and everything is just fine.

You have to realize that I'm running version 6.1 of the Rebalance with the same saved games that I started with version 5.6 of the Rebalance and been using the CHEAT's all the way. Seems very stable to me so far. Windows XP.

Long ago, I had the SLAW crash to desktop, which was fixed, and now the Muton CTD, which should NOT be fixed, and that's not bad for a mod.

From what I can see, all is as it should be. Good work!!

Now let's see how they do in combat, all those Mutons. I have about seven missions being offered right now. Gotta try to get in a couple missions before I have to quit and get back to work.

--

SECOND EDIT:

Posted my follow up here:

https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/forums/index...t=0entry16020