Where are the description files?

Naitguolf

I mean, i open gamedata with Total Commander. Where i can find a string from ufopedia for example? Since i fear spanish version dont have any localization file, i asume is all on gamedata. But where? I found the sounds and voices, but non buttons and so.

Please, helpme!

Btw, has anyone making a new geoscape full of countries?

All the descriptive text (& in fact, all the text that appears in the game) is in the localizationpack.vfs, which is in a subdirectory eg:

d:\UFO Aftermath\Localization\LocalizationPack.vfs

When you open that, the main files you'll want to have a look at are:

Listoflocal.txt (contains all the names, things like weapons, aliens, etc)

Fight.txt (contains all the glossary text for everything & all the research text)

There's also Listofglossary.txt (if you want something to appear in the glossary, it needs an entry in here) which is in the gamedata.vfs file.

The files that Kermel is talking about (in gamedata\tactical\configs\game, or gamedata\tactical\configs\r&d) contain all the data that the games uses, not the text that it displays.

Hope this helps. If you're still having problems, pm me.

Yes, everything that is game related in the spanish version is contained in the gamedata.vfs

I've found many configuration files and I think I found the file that I would need to edit to sort the Glossary (at least for the spanish version).

On a side note and bit off-track from the topic but related to my last comment, it is clear why they haven't bothered sorting the glossary yet, it's not a matter of it being hard or not, but rather, of it being highly tedious since you'll have to sort it for EVERY language.