What group of crews do you want?

Aralez

https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/forums/index...=ST&f=13&t=1220

Poll ;)

Btw, Lurker the question i asked (pullovers etc.) wasn't meant the way you described it first (rac*** sl***), it was a mere technical question. :)

It would also solve the problem of Cyborgs having "human" arms. That was the ONLY reason i posted this question. Don't misinterpret my writings in such a way, ouch ;);)

Actually, I was just coming in to comment and say that maybe some of us aren't understanding what you are talking about in terms of pullovers? Maybe that's why we aren't answering the question.

So what in the heck are you talking about?

In the end, I decided not to vote in the poll, because I finally realized that I didn't know what a 'pullover' was.

Got any pictures we can download so that we can see what you are talking about? Muton with T-Shirt and Muton with Pullover?

I understand nude, I think, and I understand T-Shirt, I think, but I guess I really don't understand or visualize pullover in the same way you do?

Wow! Major language misunderstanding!

I didn't visualize sweater from the word 'pullover'. I initially visualized skimpy tank top from the word 'pullover.' In the least, I visualized a sleeve-less T-Shirt when I thought of the word 'pullover.'

Actually, towards the end there, I was beginning to think that the word 'pullover' was some sort of computer graphics term like anti-aliasing, vertex shading, and bitmap bumping.

I was totally lost. Sorry.

This language thing! It's amazing that we humans don't have more wars than we already do.

Wow!  Major language misunderstanding!

I didn't visualize sweater from the word 'pullover'.  I initially visualized skimpy tank top from the word 'pullover.'  In the least, I visualized a sleeve-less T-Shirt when I thought of the word 'pullover.'

Actually, towards the end there, I was beginning to think that the word 'pullover' was some sort of computer graphics term like anti-aliasing, vertex shading, and bitmap bumping.

I was totally lost.  Sorry.

This language thing!  It's amazing that we humans don't have more wars than we already do.

Yeah, you're absolutely right! Let's have a virtual beer together :xmas:

Btw, i just lol'ed about the thought of a muton with a bikini, sure would look funny ;) :inlove:

Alright everyone there's nothing to see here, move on ;)

Except this: https://www.happylifeproductions.com/graphi...ol-pullover.jpg ;)

I think most of us are agreeable to making these graphics changes look good, as long as nobody's sensibilities are offended in the process.

The picture provided made a lot of sense, but as you already know, the picture was exactly the opposite of what I was interpreting.

Around here pullover applies to any clothing that doesn't have buttons and a zipper, and there we were on the same page, no buttons and no zippers. But we diverged when it came to sleeve-length. My experience with pullovers is that the shorter the sleeves and the more lower and open cut the neckline, the easier it is to pull over one's head.

There aren't too many long-sleeved T-shirts sold around here, though they do exist and do technically fall into the category of a pullover. But instead, for the males, I visualized one of those sleeveless low-cut neckline undershirts that the 'fat' blue collar workers on television seem to wear when they are lounging around the house. And, I was totally lost when it came to the women, a buttonless zipperless sleeveless low cut neckline one piece tight stocking mini-skirt was about what I was coming up with. That would be a pullover, as well, since she would have to pull it over her head in order to get into it.

Around here, sweaters frequently have zippers or buttons, and so they don't technically have to be pulled over the head to be worn, and are thus not pullovers. Sweaters are for keeping warm or sweating in, and around here, most of them have zippers or buttons.

One word, 'pullover,' and we were in completely different worlds.

And, I haven't even dragged a female into a coversation. I speak the same language as my wife, yet she seems to have terms and definitions for clothing that I don't even understand.

I was telling my son about a Muton in a bikini, and he was laughing. Then we visualized a 60 year old male Muton with a big beer-belly standing around in a one piece striped swim suit, and that was a funny image. Then we went to the same pot belly Muton in yellow bikini with red pokadots. Then got to thinking that a hot pink bikini would fit in with the green and purple. On and on and on.

Could you imagine one of those pot-bellied bikini clad Mutons walking across the battlefield? ;)

Looking over the list of potential crew members from other threads, androids and tanks keep coming to the top of the list.

The android is basically the same as Cyborg, so don't know if an android is needed. But, at least you can dress an android.

I think that the program logic and animation of UFO:AM might not fit in well with a tank?

After all, wouldn't it be difficult to dress a tank in a pullover T-Shirt or anything else for that matter?

But, if there's an easy way to do it, some kind of tank or Hover Platform like the things in XCom are high on people's lists for a desired member of the crew in UFO:AM.

Over on Altar's site, someone suggested a comical mod. Most people voted it down because they wanted UFO:AM to stay somber and serious.

Maybe someday if you are looking for something to do and have ran out of ideas? It would have to be a standalone separate mod.

In those threads at Altar, a lot of the comedy was aimed at making goofy crew members, with some of the comedy aimed at puffball aliens and such.

Comedy Mod Suggestions on Altar thread: Put the three stooges in the crew, Laurel and Hardy, Seinfeld, Jay Leno. Aliens that shoot themselves with their own guns, trip and explode, can't reload their guns, and slapstick stuff like that. Or aliens that are dressed weird.

There is a lot of room for comedy in a Comedy Mod, but like I said, everyone voted it down, because they want XCom and UFO:AM to remain serious.

When I realized that I had ten different images of clothing coming to mind associated with the word 'pullover,' I realized I was lost and didn't know what I was talking about. But, it was also a comic moment for me as well - male soldiers in mini-skirt pullovers, little half-retis in huge wool pullover sweaters, Foziah in a tank top or bikini saying, "Yes Sir" or "Ready," to all my commands.

lol ;)

news here:

Atm, i'm stuck at modding the Muton (damn armour). But i managed to fix some other things i came across, here a small list of things i did:

-Added the Lurkergun

-Changed the SAW to appear in the Handgunsection, this way you won't get 60+ of them

-Corrected icon size for the Magnum and the silenced Browning pistol

-Made the smoke grenade available from the start. (infinite)

-fixed the icon for the second rpg7-ammo

-removed the deepone !!!!

-Made the conventional armour have a different texture in the tactical missions.

-Corrected a feature skipped by Altar (due to time-shortage): You can now see difference betweend regular and advanced alien weapons in the 3dview during missions. They used to have the same texture.

-Corrected some minor issues (sizes, weights etc.)

I have some difficulties getting the game to accept new models for the human crews, i hope i can get rid of that problems. And the voices i tried to do for the Half-Retis don't sound very good, i will have to experiment there some more.

Is changing human crews, or the soldier pool, actually more difficult in version 1.3 than version 1.2?

You had the half-retis and such in version 1.2, but then they didn't have voice changes, right?

Also, there is a bug in version 1.3 concerning Qualveg and Slooz, they don't talk. Maybe you could find a way to fix that in your Rebalance?

If changing crews and adding new aliens cause computer crashes or glitches, some people might not want that part of the mod, or they would want that part of the mod in a separate vfs file so that they don't have to install it if they don't want to? Having it separated would give them a way out if the new crew and new alien parts of the mod are giving them crashes.

Have you been having crashes with the new crew? In what way are you having difficulty getting UFO:AM to accept the new models?

If I understood you right, you had to get rid of the deepone in order to get rid of the human enemies? Or did I interpret those messages wrong again?

Interesting stuff you are doing.

I do like the changes and new ideas concerning the weapons part of the mod. Finding the right balance for the rebalance will probably continue on, all the way to the end of your project?

-I can't make the greys talk again, this has been changed in 1.3 to make the other aliens able to scream, sorry :)

-Explanation: (cough cough) The deepones were made by me after a sample file of FULBY (the human raiders). They ARE the "human enemies" you might encounter. They were not in the original UFOAM, i added them. Now i removed them. Mostly because of some people (lol, heehee ;) ) thinking they were a kind of bug, but actually they were a feature!!!. (there is ANOTHER REAL bug in 1.3 where sometimes the retis and transis are friendly, please don't get confused by this). As i don't want to debate about this anymore (hinthint! ;) ) i removed them. Basta ;)

-The halfretis are back and have a new voice now !

-the soldier with camo-paint in his face is also included

-The cyborgs are now in the crewpool (no more female cyborg called Brian in the tutorial mission) :)

-shield colours would be possible.

My problems are these: I wanted the Mutons in your crew to wear a green armour with mutonweaknesses and -strengths right from the start, which could NOT be undressed. BUT if add them to the listofpeople.txt-file the armors won't show up in the game (missions) and you suddenly have a grey as crewmember in the tutorial.

I will have to look at this a bit more. This is very complex, eek!

edit: look here to see a small pic of a test i ran some minutes ago : https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/forums/uploads/photo-1029.jpg

Sorry for the small size, as you can eventually see, the new armour texture for the conventional armour is there (darker armour and normal one in pic) as well as the soldier with camo-paint in his face (2nd from the right in the 3d view, the middle one in the picture panel).

CU! I have to get some sleep now, sorry :)

I like what I'm seeing in the photo you provided. The uniforms look cooler too.

--

If the 'DeepOnes' were the Human Enemies, then I'm glad that the DeepOnes are gone, and I will NOT debate and try to get you to bring them back. ;)

Where the DeepOnes are concerned, I'll be an :angel: , and keep my mouth shut.

But, may they rest in peace! ;)

--

Is 'Basta' like 'hasta le vista,' the slang form that John Connor tried to teach the Terminator? Something like 'good riddance', 'get lost,' or 'hope to never see you again'?

'Basta' was a new word for me. I've been running into a few of those new words lately. ;)