What addons whould u like weapons to have

BlackAlmaz

i love playing as men...but those weapons are a bit to simpul for the entire world forces...what do u think....and Sigget and fnurg...can u make it posible to add laser sights...just a small thing under a mp5 or a m4????

to make better acuurace??

or top sites

as well as silancers for the weakest of the snipers....(to make recon more real....and silancers for UZIs to make them usfull later...in the game)

aralez...once menshined make the weapons resalution higher...can this be added to some mod

true....but.....what have we changed other than some stats???

i'm implying all new models....eg for the 200 bullets lets have a bew double container clip

and lets make it good.....we can also change that alian plasma gun ito something more attractive....the rebalance mods were fine but i'm talking a bout a stand alone or plugin...that will replace those weapons or become avilable after research.....(just adding to the realism) in a war of all wars....do u think we are going to use rusty old guns untill the end???

Them there are some interesting ideas.

Kinda like the extras I was going to put into the RB mod. Developable modified weaponry. Someone already done this with ammo. Forgive me for fogetting who :o

Things such as laser sights, extended magazines (barrel mags!) were on the list. Silencers would be pretty much cosmetic. I cant think of any way in which they'd be helpful. But silenced berretas would look cool indeed :power:

Perhaps i'll throw one in just for you BlackAlmaz (if i have time) :)

And sigget is right. Weapon mods have been done to death :D

This will probably be the last major "weaponry based" RB mod.

There were times when that Uzi seemed to do nothing against that Chomper thing, maybe because it moved too fast.

At those times, I wished I could have dropped the Uzi and picked up a crowbar or a knife and gutted that thing while he is chewing off my arm.

If you could develop a knife that somehow gives you super-stealth statistics, you might be able to sneak up on a Reticulan and slit his throat from behind before he even knows what hits him.

For late in the game, it would be nice to have the BFG that is in some other games. Fire that thing and the whole hillside explodes and all the Reticulans in the whole area go down. Of course, the blaster bomb was mega cool in X-Com along with the hover tank platforms.

You can never have too many weapons in a combat game, well almost never.

And, dare I say it? I too am one who would like to see the cloaks, shields, and teleporters from X-Com Apocalypse modded into UFO:AM.

Defensive weapons that if nothing more increase your stats while they are on you.

In the poll, I voted for other.

Over on Aralez's Iron Man thread, I listed some of the other stuff that I would like to see plugged into UFO:AM. So, I kind of disagree with sigget, the whole gamut of weapons hasn't been exhausted yet, at least not that I have seen.

True, though, what we really need is a whole new set of aliens to fight, or import the X-Com aliens, or Aliens Predator, or a combination of them all. Floating super brains or floating eyeballs or floating droids, if you really want to get weird.

Then we need more of Aralez's different types of soldiers. His cyborgs must be in, as well as androids, and even some off world critters. If you could have a Muton or a Predator in your soldier pool, that would be really cool.

fulby....would u be able to add the silancers...???/...and can u tell me how to add sounds cause i think i have the perfact ones

Like fnurg said, silencers would probably not make a difference gameplay-wise, but you could make a model with a silencer and a different sound file.

Fulby

fulby....would u be able to add the silancers...???/...and can u tell me how to add sounds cause i think i have the perfact ones

Like fnurg said, silencers would probably not make a difference gameplay-wise, but you could make a model with a silencer and a different sound file.

Fulby

There's no 'stealth' effect?

Doesn't gunfire draw enemies? Silenced gunfire should lessen that. :power:

but they do come towards me when i fre...i make it like a trap...and sometimes run far far away......so i cant even find them...lol

is there a way to give a weapon propeties...that would class ify it as a weapon that dosent make that much nose...but use ammo...of a higher caliber???

is there a way to give a weapon propeties...that would class ify it as a weapon that dosent make that much nose...but use ammo...of a higher caliber???

I'm afraid it is not possible. As Fulby said, there are no entries in the gamedata files where the 'loudness' of a weapon is defined. Maybe it is hard-coded, maybe it is not dependent on the type of weapon, who knows...

What about a Winchester P-9700 Turbo plasma rifle or the worlds smallest nuke, if you know where these 2 weapons come from you win a prize.... The Answer!! :power:

Those thingys would be really kool but would the laser sight be able to only turn on when firing or be on permantly?

According to something I read by Martin Klima long ago, UFO:AM has a stealth mode. He said that walking is stealth mode.

Each soldier has a stealth statistic as well, so it's there in the game.

The trouble is making the silencer or the cloaking device temporarily increase the soldier's stealth statistic to Super-Heroic while he is carrying those weapons. If that could be accomplished, then there would be a game advantage for carrying the silencer or carrying a cloaking device.

Someday, sigget, or somebody who likes that low-level stuff, is going to figure out how to get at that stuff. Or Altar will make it available if we beg enough. It might already be available, just that nobody has found how to get at it. Aralez was tweaking soldier stats last I heard? But maybe I am wrong.

But if you can tweak soldier stats, then you should be able to do it. You would have to have the weapon store the soldier's original stealth stat in some parameter, and temporarily make his stealth Super-Heroic, and then return the original Stealth value when he drops the silencer or the cloaking device.

Somewhere inside of a saved-game is something that saves the position of a soldier on the map. If you could access it and then change it, then you would have the makings for a personal combat teleporter. The data is there, I'm sure, it's just that someone has to figure out how to access it and change it. Now whether it can be used in-game or would require a save and reload each time the teleporter is used, I don't know.

Anyone have a direct phone to Altar programmers in order to learn how to get at these things?

The previous Rebalance Mods added new types of ammo to the Super Striker and other explosive type weapons. Of course we want all of that that Fnurg can give us without bringing the system down. So yes, additional ammo types would be good. All the different types of grenades are cool as well.

It took me awhile, but I finally found the link on Altar's board where game players talk about what more they want in terms of weapons upgrades.

Tracer Bullet Thread:

https://www.chatbear.com/?P556896

The poll up above should have had an "All of the Above" option, and that's what we all would have chosen. We want anything new and interesting that we can get, because that's what makes the game fun, if you are going to play it a second time.