Rebalance Mod 4.1b

Fnurg

This is mainly a bug fix that should hopefully cure the majority of problems that have arisen with version 4.1.

Changes

----------

- Alterations to the crew-pool (which caused the majority of the problems)

- Several ingame text problems fixed

- Weapon bugs/rebalances

Installation

-------------

1. Execute Rebalance Mod 4.1b to extract the files into your UFO:Aftermath directory.

2. Run "play_mod4.1b.bat" to launch the game. (the batch file has only been tested with windows XP. If you have problems, please refer to the "installation.txt" file located within the mod4.1b directory)

3. Start a new game to take advantage of all the changes

NOTE: The gamedata.vfs file must be of version 1.2 and must not have any other mods installed on it! Using a different version or using a version that has had other mods installed will likely cause big bugs.

Download

-----------

Mirror 1 (9 megs)

Mirror 2 (ufoaftermath.co.uk)

@Lt Mor: 1. In this case no 2. In this case yes (If i understand correctly you have 4.1 installed and are converting to 4.1b?)

@ishantil: I completely removed the crash-source (Cyborgs) so your problem must be some kind of installation-error, yes a new install would be the best way.

I'll reinstall it completely and then patch it, THEN start playing again.

I actually don't like how many guys you get. Since there are no managing or sorting tools for the Squad screen, when you have 49 guys and it automatically scrolls back to the beginning everytime you train someone, management is sort of a pain in the rear. There should be a cap at 14 or something.

And how safe is it incorporating other mods? I'd sort of like to use the Power Armor mod, but I'm not sure about what the impact of both of them (since they both modify some of the same files) would be.

Hopefully we'll eventually work towards a true modification GUI that allows you to modify the game settings directly inside the interface.

Good work guys. I for one, appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ishantil

Well, it looks like reinstalling the game seems to be working so far. I'm past Area 51 (on normal) and it's pretty good. The new grenade types rock, although for some reason I figure that plasma grenades should start showing up after you get plasma grenades (or better yet, research and then make them).

Balloon Fish and sporeblowers are a pain in the butt. I don't even want to think about Deathbellows... ::shudders::

This is the first time I've used grenades extensively, and I must say that the variety of grenades and a good thrower makes a very deadly combination. Great for taking out enemies fast, before they annihilate your guys. Too bad the Armor cannot be reworked completely. I'd like to see Powered Armor, like in the first two X-Com games. Which not only provide very good protection, but also enhance strength and allow the use of heavy weapons.

Mod seems great so far.

Cheers,

Ishantil