(advanced) Modding The Gun Question ^^

Groovechamp

(This is nearly the same post I posted from ufo-atftermath.com board)

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask if it is possible to mod the Weapons, however not their values directly?

I'm talking about adding new weapons, along with text, 'texturing' them and making that animation you see when you use the glossary. (Techtree too)

I also wanted to ask if it's possible to mod the Soldier's Animation/face when they talk and so on.

Groover

Err, yes. I think.

The text is easy to mod (it's in localizationpack.vfs), as for the guns, if you mean the little spinny-rotatey videos, then I would assume that they can be moded/added to, but I think they're stored as bink videos (as against something that's done with the ingame graphics engine).

<- Got some installing issue problems with the Rebalance mod 3.1, gotta try the 4.x version =)

So thats why I got no idea what it all has =)

(Or do you need v1.x and then upgrade till v.4.x ?- although I think I tried that already).

Hmm Bink Video...

Is there a name of a program that deals with "Bink-Technology" =)?

I'm very interested :rolleyes:

Groovie

<- Got some installing issue problems with the Rebalance mod 3.1, gotta try the 4.x version =)

So thats why I got no idea what it all has =)

(Or do you need v1.x and then upgrade till v.4.x ?- although I think I tried that already).

Hmm Bink Video...

Is there a name of a program that deals with "Bink-Technology" =)?

I'm very interested :rolleyes:

Groovie

Check your private messages. Hopefully the solution i gave you will work :tank:

All versions of the mod are "standalone", that is to say, they arnt upgrades of the previous version. However, 4.2 will be an upgrade given the size of 4.1 :D

https://www.radgametools.com/smkmain.htm <- bink codec thingy

I think that Smacker is free. Alternativly you could get the bink sdk which is reported to be around $7000 for a license. teehee

excerpt from the radgametools site :

The RAD Video Tools are free for download! These tools include both of our popular codecs, Bink and Smacker.

The RAD Video Tools give you everything you need to create, use, and distribute Bink and Smacker video files! They include the compressors, sound mixers, players, and general graphics and sound covnerters.

https://www.radgametools.com/down/Bink/RADTools.exe