List Of "to Be Modded" Properties

Nameless

i think its a good idea to post a summary of things we would like modded, if you people reply with a new proposal i will edit this opening post and add it. comment on things in the list you do not agree with can also be posted after which i will delete them. i will first take the changes into consideration and pm the person suggesting them if i have questions. once ive added the suggestion il ask the suggester to delete his post in which he suggests his change

that way we'll have a good comprehensive list of things this game needs edited to become the best game it can be, and this thread wont become a search for the answers through 24 pages.

we can also divide work from that stage and keep track of what has been done.

For all mod downloads go to:

https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/?c=Mods&p=mods

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My own suggestions, alphabetically ordered by topics:

AI

now the AI isnt THAT bad but certain things annoy me.

things like:

Aliens sometimes seeing through smoke.

Not spotting aliens at point blank range.

Aliens always spotting you.

Aliens always coming around the corner if you lure them, they could lob some alien grenade maybe?

Being able to stand still entire missions waiting for the alien to come and then psi control or snipe them one by one, maybe they could group up or use flanking?

Aliens shouldnt spawn right near the drop zone

Base missions should let you start at one of the elevator areas

Timer should stop IMMEDIATLY after event instead of letting the alien walk 3 more squares before it stops to tell me someone spotted an alien for example

(avdberg1980)- How about letting the soldiers throw a grenade around that corner to clear any resistance?

Aircraft and pilots

whats the big deal about losing pilots and planes? just a decreasing area value? so eventhough no-one survived the spores i found a cache of pilots in a can including planes??

not to mention fuel, missiles and other resources in the game.

as for pilots, it would be hard to find the piece of code that says there can be less than 3 fighters in an interception, thus making it impossible to include the effects of losing a pilot. hows about setting the base militairy value to 0 (no interception) untill the pilot is recovered? not the most realistic solution but still

and what of the chopper being there where you landed?

offcourse it would be needed to make it indistructable and needs to be placed completely on the edge of the map so players dont use it as cover

Aliens

reticulans, is that all?? wheres mans best friend, aliens must have one too, id love to get some really wicked alien monster puppy spawn charging me and ripping of a leg or two. or like the poppers in apocalypse, hows about headcrabs too??

maybe a special heavy weapon alien?

varying enemies with different methods of attack (rushing etc) require different tactics, thus increasing gameplay values again! offcourse this is hard to program including AI scripting etc.

(avdberg1980) Aliens should also adapt to human technology and create a new arsenal overtime, like special armor etc

Ambiance

The music isnt too bad, the voice acting is lousy though.

gun etc sounds suck too, they all really need a make over

IMHO the color palette in the game is too light and pale to create a creepy atmosphere, try putting the contrast on 100% and the brightness on 60 or so % on your screen, youl know what i mean with brightness creating athmosphere.

the colors in UFO:EU and TFTD were also very dark and grim, and remember doom? same story, dark and creepy.

EDIT: theres a mod coming up with the music from the previous xcoms, excellent work! it will hopefully be on soon, credits to strahd.

maybe its an idea to rip some resident evil/phantasmagoria/myth music too?

oh and does anyone know about copyrights involved?

EDIT: im currently working on a weapon sound mod myself, it should be finished soon. voice sound mod is most likely impossible as it requires too much work.

Base

i for one want my primary base defense back that try to shoot down the ufo, like in ufo:EU and TFTD. the russians must have some flak cannons somewhere, americans tomahawks etc, and other surface to air weapons? if my planes can launch missiles then why dont my bases have defense installations.

shouldnt be hard to build a few turrets with hybrid technologies either should it?

and why do all my bases look alike eventhough they are different types?

and if i have in base teleport, wheres the nifty device? (my soldiers should start there if invasion is in militairy base)

And why are the aliens always in the typical places? transgenants always take the big rooms and reticulans always take the same spots in base attack missions too, they come down in the elevator, sure, but they move around dont they?

I also think all base maps look too much alike, there should be more diversity in both human and alien bases (last are too small too btw, with all small corridors, wheres the diversity in that?)

Base missions should also have their kills needed for succes percentage reduced as it is quite tedious to have to find that last alien all the time

Micromanagement

i miss this feature from the previous games! well actually i didnt miss it that much, the game plays fine without it, but it would be a nice extra feature. LOTS of programming work though.

Resources

i think there should be a new mission category which is called something like resource aquisition. this could be raiding an old base area which is not suitable as a new base for materials.

Skills

whats does stealth do?? make it work!

whats up with psi RESISTANCE? it says so in the skill yet provides none.

Storyline: the moon, the end and storyline related missions and issues

Area 51 and the russian base are fine IMHO.

the moon mission sucked! way too easy! i was expecting a HUGE base with TONS of aliens. maybe even turrets blasting my arse off etc. it was far too easy to get there too.

What would be cool is if there could be a new geosphere created of the moon. it would be totally covered with alien bases and you would need to advance to the queen's base by conquering base by base, you couldnt just fly there, theyd shoot your ass off. maybe start off with an old american secret moon base or need to create a huge base/colony ship.

the earth could be reached by a button to switch between them on the upper right.

Ufo's

there is so little use in retrieving them after you shot them, except some aircraft improvements early on and i think you can do them all after you have recovered like 1 ufo (not sure).

why not give new research options for the different types and sizes of ufo's?

maybe things like cloaking, tractor beams (ufo speed slowed) and advanced variants of the previously possible aircraft research venues, maybe even new craft, much programming though.

Weapon and armor modifications and additional ones:

all these should be balanced around the idea that there should be several approaches possible. reticulans could be near immune to bullets, yet weak against fire. deathbellows need lasers to cut them up and resist bullets and explosives well.

human/alian hybrid crystalized armor could help against laser weapons and against plasma only a little less etc. oh and why in the ghell dont aliens have grenades?

the goal of this would be needing different tactics for different missions and enemies. youd need more before hand planning and you couldnt just solo a mission, etc. thus creating non linear gameplay

other notes:

Collapsable guns need be able to stay collapsed untill the soldier is told to move

Weapon platforms like tanks?

EDIT: Hows about personal shields to hold in the left hand? that way handguns will have a goal again. personal cloaker could also be done

(avdberg1980) Perhaps:

- Ammo adjustment research-> extra/upgraded ammo types for existing weapons

- Upgrading existing weapons-> increasing accuracy, range, damage-> different levels? mark I,II,III etc.

- further advancement in warp weapon technology? Lighter warp weapons(handguns), hybrid warp rifles(assault/sniper)

- further advancement in armor technology. Perhaps a real hybrid armor (upgradeable?) or a mechanoid armor with one type of weapon, double gatlingguns would be quite nice, for blowing away those RET's!

- further advancement in plasma and laser technology, plasma bullets/bombs for normal weapons! Stun weapons?

-Perhaps some biological warfare? Custom made transgenantaway spray? Could be turned into bullets etc. try thinking of the toxins from xcom-apocalypseEDIT: Aralez and company are doing some great work with weapon balancing and adding some new ones, his Rebalance mods are already available and already at version 3.0

To discuss in further versions of his mod go to this thread https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=858

WOOSH never though i could cook up so much, well any more input or criticism people? please be brutal

hi

a few suggestions:

(+) the hybrid weapons (laser pistol, laser rifle, plasma shotgun) look quite ugly. (plasma rifle seems to be acceptable to me.)

(+) stun grenade

(+) manufacturable human ammo (maybe a development which results in endless ammo for a specific weapon)

(+) all Reticulans look the same, maybe they could have different skin, body weight, height...

(+) no ingame sounds except weapons - it would be nice to hear steps, doors opening/closing... and the soldiers could react tho these: "I hear something"; the game could mark a direction (line from the soldier towards the sound source) or the possible location (a dim cross or patch maybe, slowly fading out) of the alien...

(+) motion/life scanner, or maybe binoculars / thermal vision goggles

(+) why can't I put a psi helmet in the top of an alien-style body armor? I can wear two caps, one over another...

(+) if an alien resists to a damage type too well, it's not that good, because I can't carry around 10 different weapons... moderate resistance is OK, and there should be a weak point of all aliens (like the toxic weapons in Apocalypse) - maybe psi?

(+) remote controllable camera bots (maybe flying ones, maybe with thermal sensors) - they could be controlled the same way as mind-controlled aliens can: pic of controlled thing could replace pic of soldier during remote control (completely possible to implement IMHO).

blian

Ok, without telling to much: Some (not all, though) of your proposals will be included in the next rebalance Mod. (regarding manufacturable ammo, toxin weapons, stun grenade, some new armour etc.)

No way of getting on the roof, though. The camera bot will be a thing for some future versions of the mod, but no promises here.

Strategic

1) Multiple choppers .

Maybe we can use some code from interseption to handle with choppers in same way..

Maybe we shoud create another base type - for teams&choppers only..??

2) Base management .

I think it`s possible now to make spesial bases from standart blocks .

We can even use external editor .

Or try to use standart eqip screen with new items - bases and it`s blocks to eqip .

Maybe we can create "base inventory" in such way to handle with weapons and teams..

Tactical

1) Multiple teams of course.

2) Adding internal UFO level to crash site level to allow free alien traffic between it..

3) Adding active z-axis to level - most simple way - adding flying armour..

But quite a big problem here - pathfinding 3D..

P.s. sorry for my enGLIsH

:bored: